Breakfast

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: Breakfast

Postby JO » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:21 pm

xJimx wrote:Every morning without fail:

100g oats + 300ml soya milk + 15g pumpkin seeds. Leave to soak 10 minutes for optimal results.

this sounds really good and along the lines of my preferences. gonna give it a try! usually have soymilk plus brazil nuts, hazel nuts, and almonds but need the carbs lately. do you cook the oats after soaking?
Kinetic-corporeal joy is known to ALL creatures.
JO

Postby beforewisdom » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:34 am

FYI, at least in the U.S. oatmeal is not raw. It is defatted and steamed before packaging to extend the shelf life.

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)
beforewisdom

Postby xJimx » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:03 pm

JO wrote:
xJimx wrote:Every morning without fail:

100g oats + 300ml soya milk + 15g pumpkin seeds. Leave to soak 10 minutes for optimal results.

this sounds really good and along the lines of my preferences. gonna give it a try! usually have soymilk plus brazil nuts, hazel nuts, and almonds but need the carbs lately. do you cook the oats after soaking?

No. To be honest I usually don't even bother leaving it to soak for 10 minutes cos I'm a greedy bastard.
DYEL
xJimx

Postby hardcore iv » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:23 pm

Marlon wrote:Hi dear,

A healthy breakfast is necessary for the healthy life.
A healthy breakfast must contains the apple, milk, bread, eggs, yogurt and toast.
It provides the necessary energy for the working.

Marlon, This is a vegan forum and this is your second post mentioning/encouraging the consumption of animal body parts and secretions. You are more than welcome to be a member of the forums just try to keep your posts on topic i.e. give vegan suggestions for breakfast and bulking foods.
"When you are born, you are set forth to die. The fact that you live or don't live between these two dates depends solely upon your own will, opportunities and desires. The weight exerciser, of course, indicates that he chooses to live." Joseph Curtis Hise
hardcore iv

Postby baldy » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:27 pm

hardcore iv wrote:
Marlon wrote:Hi dear,

A healthy breakfast is necessary for the healthy life.
A healthy breakfast must contains the apple, milk, bread, eggs, yogurt and toast.
It provides the necessary energy for the working.

Marlon, This is a vegan forum and this is your second post mentioning/encouraging the consumption of animal body parts and secretions. You are more than welcome to be a member of the forums just try to keep your posts on topic i.e. give vegan suggestions for breakfast and bulking foods.

Deleted a few of Marlon's none suitable posts, I dunno Marlon are you a spammer?
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby Catt Queen » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:24 am

Marlon wrote:Hi guys,

Healthy breakfast is necessary for getting good amount of energy for the whole day.
We must take healthy breakfast. The breakfast must contain bread, eggs, apple, fruit juice, and tea.

Can we delete this spammer please?
Allie =^..^=
http://www.stronger.me.uk
Find me on Facebook
Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts.
That's what little girls are made of; to hell with sugar and spice.
Catt Queen

Postby sosso » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:25 am

Thank you. I wasn't aware of the reason for eating breakfast.
sosso

Postby blinki » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:38 pm

Alpro yoghurt on my cheap rip of weetabix is my new favourite, don't know why I never thought of it
blinki

Postby Lordmuppet » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:43 pm

blinki wrote:Alpro yoghurt on my cheap rip of weetabix is my new favourite, don't know why I never thought of it

have you tried Provamel by the same company? Holland and Barrett and Real Foods sell it?
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby Lordmuppet » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:51 pm

Catt Queen wrote:
Marlon wrote:Hi guys,

Healthy breakfast is necessary for getting good amount of energy for the whole day.
We must take healthy breakfast. The breakfast must contain bread, eggs, apple, fruit juice, and tea.

Can we delete this spammer please?

seconded
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby loveliberate » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:45 pm

Thirdededed! :twisted:
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.corneredcat.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Postby blinki » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:07 pm

Lordmuppet wrote:
blinki wrote:Alpro yoghurt on my cheap rip of weetabix is my new favourite, don't know why I never thought of it

have you tried Provamel by the same company? Holland and Barrett and Real Foods sell it?

Nope, I always assumed Provamel is just organic Alpro so not any different in terms of taste
blinki

Postby Lordmuppet » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:58 pm

blinki wrote:
Lordmuppet wrote:

Nope, I always assumed Provamel is just organic Alpro so not any different in terms of taste

hmmm interesting. I shall buy both and report back :) Where do you buy your Alpro?

edited to add: had look at Provamel website and looks like you are right. Going to dig up ingredients lists when I can to double check.
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby blinki » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:11 pm

Lordmuppet wrote:hmmm interesting. I shall buy both and report back :) Where do you buy your Alpro?

edited to add: had look at Provamel website and looks like you are right. Going to dig up ingredients lists when I can to double check.

I'd guess the ingredients might be slightly different but it'll taste about the same

I get it at Sainsbury's at Cameron Toll. They usually have the little ones in four packs and the big vanilla one
blinki

Postby penguin » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:58 am

coffee, a smoothie (soy milk, frozen berries, banana, yogurt) and usually toast/bread with hummus, smoked tofu and vegetables. If the smoothie is only thing I eat, I make it a bigger with protein powder in it. Sometimes also some fruits.
my body is not a temple, it's an amusement park
penguin

PreviousNext

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating