blinki's log

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: blinki's log

Postby blinki » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:54 pm

27th Nov

Weight 62.9kgs
I'm stopping weighing myself all the time, it's getting annoying

5mins cycling, stretched, then another 5 mins cycling. I know I said 20mins but I wasn't feeling great. I have nausia and a headache that won't decide if it's coming or going

Row: 36kgs 5x5
Bench: 45.25 kgs (math fail) 3x5 2x3
Squat: 60kgs 5x5

Starting to feeling like the squats require effort. My technique went to hell on the last few, if that keeps happening I'll slow the rate I increase the weight at-not that I think I can have a hell of a lot easy increase left. I might put a tube banadage thing round my dodgy knee too because I'm starting to feel like I'm pushing back up unevenly. My arms felt shakey on the bench presses and I started to feel a bit ill again.

Lordmuppet wrote:Yep this tuesday coming at 11 sounds good! I'll be wearing a blue t shirt and blue lifting shoes in case you don't recognise me from my picture :)

Oh and how about saving up cigarette money for some cool training gear such as a belt?!

Oh and I'll be in FW1 surrounded by bags and stuff!


Cool, I'll be the short guy with the purple hair.

I have a lifting belt somewhere. I have no idea why but I seemed to have acquired it when I was a kid and still have it. Maybe I decided for a while I wanted to bit a powerlifter when I grew up :lol: I'm getting gloves for Christmas, the skin on my hands goes hard enough for it to not hurt then the hard bits flake off and it hurts again which is annoying and gross. But I figure if I find the need for anything else. Just now I'm imagining lots of quinoa and nutritional yeast and tofu. I'm quite easily pleased
User avatar
blinki
Active Member
 
Posts: 821
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:26 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: blinki's log

Postby Lordmuppet » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:34 pm

blinki wrote:27th Nov

Weight 62.9kgs
I'm stopping weighing myself all the time, it's getting annoying

5mins cycling, stretched, then another 5 mins cycling. I know I said 20mins but I wasn't feeling great. I have nausia and a headache that won't decide if it's coming or going

Row: 36kgs 5x5
Bench: 45.25 kgs (math fail) 3x5 2x3
Squat: 60kgs 5x5

Starting to feeling like the squats require effort. My technique went to hell on the last few, if that keeps happening I'll slow the rate I increase the weight at-not that I think I can have a hell of a lot easy increase left. I might put a tube banadage thing round my dodgy knee too because I'm starting to feel like I'm pushing back up unevenly. My arms felt shakey on the bench presses and I started to feel a bit ill again.

Lordmuppet wrote:Yep this tuesday coming at 11 sounds good! I'll be wearing a blue t shirt and blue lifting shoes in case you don't recognise me from my picture :)

Oh and how about saving up cigarette money for some cool training gear such as a belt?!

Oh and I'll be in FW1 surrounded by bags and stuff!


Cool, I'll be the short guy with the purple hair.

I have a lifting belt somewhere. I have no idea why but I seemed to have acquired it when I was a kid and still have it. Maybe I decided for a while I wanted to bit a powerlifter when I grew up :lol: I'm getting gloves for Christmas, the skin on my hands goes hard enough for it to not hurt then the hard bits flake off and it hurts again which is annoying and gross. But I figure if I find the need for anything else. Just now I'm imagining lots of quinoa and nutritional yeast and tofu. I'm quite easily pleased


the trick is to sand them down with a pumice stone when they start getting too large (and hence liable to rip). When they rip it is not fun :(
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
User avatar
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: blinki's log

Postby Konstantin » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:34 am

blinki wrote:My chest is now 37inches. I put on a tshirt that was once too big and you could see my pecs under it


Sounds good. Remember to spend time in front of the mirror.

Good luck with quitting the evil weed, must be difficult but you can do it.
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
User avatar
Konstantin
Moderator
 
Posts: 4598
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:37 pm
Location: Devon, UK

Re: blinki's log

Postby blinki » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:39 pm

29th Nov

7mins cycling then stretching then another 7 mins- still not 20mins but I'm still don't feel totally well

Deadlift: 60kg 2x5
Squat: 62.5kg 5x5
Shoulder Press: 20kg 1x5 30kg 2x4

More or less at body weight for squats so I might see how many reps of it I can do next time

Konstantin wrote:Sounds good. Remember to spend time in front of the mirror.

Good luck with quitting the evil weed, must be difficult but you can do it.


I spend far too much time in front of the mirror :lol:
And thanks, I've quit so many time but my issue is keeping long term motivation, hopefully this time that'll be easier

Lordmuppet wrote:the trick is to sand them down with a pumice stone when they start getting too large (and hence liable to rip). When they rip it is not fun :(

That would make sense, thanks
User avatar
blinki
Active Member
 
Posts: 821
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:26 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: blinki's log

Postby Lordmuppet » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:53 pm

blinki wrote:29th Nov

7mins cycling then stretching then another 7 mins- still not 20mins but I'm still don't feel totally well

Deadlift: 60kg 2x5
Squat: 62.5kg 5x5
Shoulder Press: 20kg 1x5 30kg 2x4

More or less at body weight for squats so I might see how many reps of it I can do next time

Konstantin wrote:Sounds good. Remember to spend time in front of the mirror.

Good luck with quitting the evil weed, must be difficult but you can do it.


I spend far too much time in front of the mirror :lol:
And thanks, I've quit so many time but my issue is keeping long term motivation, hopefully this time that'll be easier

Lordmuppet wrote:the trick is to sand them down with a pumice stone when they start getting too large (and hence liable to rip). When they rip it is not fun :(

That would make sense, thanks


I was there from 11am where were you? :(
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
User avatar
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: blinki's log

Postby blinki » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:01 am

I thought we said next Tuesday :( cause I had a meeting at 12 so there wouldn't have been much point. Sorry. I must have misread or something, I took Tuesday coming to be as in not this Tuesday but Tuesday coming
User avatar
blinki
Active Member
 
Posts: 821
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:26 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: blinki's log

Postby Lordmuppet » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:38 am

blinki wrote:I thought we said next Tuesday :( cause I had a meeting at 12 so there wouldn't have been much point. Sorry. I must have misread or something, I took Tuesday coming to be as in not this Tuesday but Tuesday coming


yeah i anticipated exactly this confusion with 'next tuesday' so that's why i said 'this coming tuesday'. No matter it got me there at a reasonable time with is an end in itself.

how about Tuesday the 6th?

LM
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
User avatar
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: blinki's log

Postby blinki » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:28 pm

Lordmuppet wrote:yeah i anticipated exactly this confusion with 'next tuesday' so that's why i said 'this coming tuesday'. No matter it got me there at a reasonable time with is an end in itself.

how about Tuesday the 6th?

LM

Sorry, I my sense of routine went to hell between exams, an aggravated neck and a chest infection. I've been to the gym twice since and one of those was today. I've still got a bit of a chest infection so today just left me coughing and feeling tired so I doubt I'll be seeing much of the gym until the New Year (by the time I add in going home for Christmas) so maybe we can re-arrange? Promise I'm not usually so hopeless :lol:
User avatar
blinki
Active Member
 
Posts: 821
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:26 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: blinki's log

Postby Lordmuppet » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:59 pm

blinki wrote:
Lordmuppet wrote:yeah i anticipated exactly this confusion with 'next tuesday' so that's why i said 'this coming tuesday'. No matter it got me there at a reasonable time with is an end in itself.

how about Tuesday the 6th?

LM

Sorry, I my sense of routine went to hell between exams, an aggravated neck and a chest infection. I've been to the gym twice since and one of those was today. I've still got a bit of a chest infection so today just left me coughing and feeling tired so I doubt I'll be seeing much of the gym until the New Year (by the time I add in going home for Christmas) so maybe we can re-arrange? Promise I'm not usually so hopeless :lol:


sure let's rearrange for after the new year
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
User avatar
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: blinki's log

Postby blinki » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:54 am

My training recently hasn't been worth logging. I'm at my parents' and the only decent gym near by burnt down a few months ago. So quite a lot of pushups, dips and squats. My chest infection is more or less gone, it's still there but I feel less like I actively have a chest infection, but I still feel quite weak so it might be a good thing that I am having to take it easy.
User avatar
blinki
Active Member
 
Posts: 821
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:26 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: blinki's log

Postby Lordmuppet » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:44 pm

Hey so Chewybaws and a vegan lifting friend of his are coming to Edinburgh on the 6th. Want to come lift with the three of us?
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
User avatar
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: blinki's log

Postby blinki » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:14 pm

Lordmuppet wrote:Hey so Chewybaws and a vegan lifting friend of his are coming to Edinburgh on the 6th. Want to come lift with the three of us?

Yeah. Well I can try to lift at least, no proper training for a month is bound to have an effect. Let me know where and when
User avatar
blinki
Active Member
 
Posts: 821
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:26 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: blinki's log

Postby chewybaws » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:43 pm

Would round about 12 be cool for meeting up? Otherwise we're going to have to leave stupidly early.
was there a time we weren't at war; when we knew what our hearts and hands were for?
User avatar
chewybaws
Active Member
 
Posts: 461
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:03 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: blinki's log

Postby Lordmuppet » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:35 pm

chewybaws wrote:Would round about 12 be cool for meeting up? Otherwise we're going to have to leave stupidly early.


works for me so long as it is close to 12. I think I shall have to skip on a meal sadly :(
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
User avatar
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: blinki's log

Postby blinki » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:31 pm

12 is good for me
User avatar
blinki
Active Member
 
Posts: 821
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:26 am
Location: Melbourne

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest