What are you eating for xmas?

Share your tasty and/or healthy recipes here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: What are you eating for xmas?

Postby beforewisdom » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:44 pm

sosso wrote:Image
Nut roast, roast potato, sweet potato, beans, zucchini, carrots, gravy, ginger beer..

Berry creme tart

What time is dinner next year?

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)
beforewisdom

Postby blinki » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:29 pm

We had roast pear soup as a starter then wild rice & cashew stuffing in a butternut squash bowl. The main was brussel sprouts, ginger & coriander sweet potato mash, lemon & garlic roast tatties and chickpea bake (apparently it's a vegan version of something wellington- having never ate meat I have no idea what that means). My mum is currently re-heating left overs since I have an inability to cook in reasonable portions there's tonnes left.
blinki

Postby xJimx » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:08 pm

baldy wrote:Busy planning my xmas eating for the next couple of days. Got a redwoods turkey roll thing, not holding out much hope on it though.

Usually I'd have one of these things too. Pretty minging to be honest but something ridiculous like 95g protein in the whole roll.

Was a lazy bastard this year so just had some Linda's sausages & a nut roast mix from Asda, then some Hotel Chocolat goodies afterwards.
DYEL
xJimx

Postby sosso » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:30 am

beforewisdom wrote:What time is dinner next year?

About 6:30 :)

The tarts are amazing. The recipe is from theppk.com
sosso

Postby V-Igor » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:59 am

Seitan, mushrooms and homus tahine on pita bread.
Homemade chocolate ice cream for dessert.
yummyyyy
V-Igor

Postby JS » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:33 pm

I had stuffed mushrooms and spuds..........sadly no veg as the folk I was staying with chucked butter over everything and cooked roasties in goose fat :(

I think I need to remind them next time but I feel uncomfortable micro-managing my food being cooked.......
JS

Postby Goob » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:58 pm

I was going to make some of those berry tarts for a new years party, so I looked up the recipe and was gutted. It's never going to happen for me :cry: :cry: :cry:
Mikhail Koklyaev wrote:Benedikt he is deadlift god , I'm only amateur
Goob

Postby Linnéa76 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:42 am

Report from Sweden: We were having veg ham roast, meatballs, sausages, brussel sprouts, "Janson's temptation" (a traditional potato/anchovy gratin that I make with capers in stead of fish),
a red cabbage dish, beet root/mayo salad, spicy bread, veg cheese with walnuts, chocolate and marzipan candy, fudge, ginger bread and saffron buns. 8)
-Talk is cheap-
Linnéa76

Postby sosso » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:47 am

Goob wrote:I was going to make some of those berry tarts for a new years party, so I looked up the recipe and was gutted. It's never going to happen for me :cry: :cry: :cry:

As long as you're prepared and manage your time well, they're not too difficult.
sosso

Postby baldy » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:49 am

Linnéa76 wrote:Report from Sweden: We were having veg ham roast, meatballs, sausages, brussel sprouts, "Janson's temptation" (a traditional potato/anchovy gratin that I make with capers in stead of fish),
a red cabbage dish, beet root/mayo salad, spicy bread, veg cheese with walnuts, chocolate and marzipan candy, fudge, ginger bread and saffron buns. 8)

I think Sweden wins, you probably also got a white xmas, we didn't even have snow.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby Goob » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:06 pm

sosso wrote:
Goob wrote:I was going to make some of those berry tarts for a new years party, so I looked up the recipe and was gutted. It's never going to happen for me :cry: :cry: :cry:

As long as you're prepared and manage your time well, they're not too difficult.

I saw "partially frozen olive oil" in the ingredients list, that's well beyond my cooking abilities :lol:
Mikhail Koklyaev wrote:Benedikt he is deadlift god , I'm only amateur
Goob

Previous

Return to Vegan Recipes