Breakfast

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: Breakfast

Postby chewybaws » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:45 pm

I make a disgusting smoothie

1 litre soy milk
80g pumpkin seeds
40g sunflower seeds
20g almonds
125g oats
few dashes of omega oils
1 scoop brown rice protein powder

Unpleasant, but packs the calories in early.
was there a time we weren't at war; when we knew what our hearts and hands were for?
chewybaws

Postby Goob » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:18 pm

http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=26328.0

This is my favorite thing to have for breakfast. I don't know why they suggest to put paprika and garlic in it though, I've never seen it made with anything besides salt and pepper. Also, it needs to be some type of breakfast sausage product, not just mince. Sausage links broken up would even work.

Usually we put it on biscuits(the american type) but pancakes are good as well. They say it serves 4 but it can easily be just 1 :mrgreen: .
Mikhail Koklyaev wrote:Benedikt he is deadlift god , I'm only amateur
Goob

Postby BlueRose » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:15 pm

1 scoop Vega Whole Meal Optimizer chocolate, 1 banana, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, and ice in a blender. Every morning. :)
rational romantic mystic cynical idealist.

Vegan Women's Bodybuilding & Fitness on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1421637141388613/

Doing Les Mills Combat and loving it!
http://www.TeaAddictedGeek.com
BlueRose

Postby Liming » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:35 am

1 Cup oats/or buckwheat flakes cooked in water
¼ C pumpkin seeds
¼ C hempseeds
2 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp of Udo’s oil
1C strawberries
Handful of blueberries
Banana
1 C of hemp milk/or soya milk
And wiz in a blender

I have to grind up the seeds first as my blender is rubbish! I need a Vita Mix.
Liming

Postby blinki » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:04 pm

I'm blaming this thread for my new found weetabix addiction :lol: For some reason them being good for protein hadn't crossed my mind. But I don't have a microwave anymore and I hate making porridge in a pot then I saw sainsbury basic wheat biscuits at 24 for 63p and it was a done deal. I'm trying to limit myself to 6 a day but I've had 7 already today- 4 for breakfast then 3 after the gym.
blinki

Postby Goob » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:50 am

blinki wrote:I'm blaming this thread for my new found weetabix addiction :lol: For some reason them being good for protein hadn't crossed my mind. But I don't have a microwave anymore and I hate making porridge in a pot then I saw sainsbury basic wheat biscuits at 24 for 63p and it was a done deal. I'm trying to limit myself to 6 a day but I've had 7 already today- 4 for breakfast then 3 after the gym.

it cost almost $7 for a box of weetabix here :cry: I wish there were some off brand readily available in the states.
Mikhail Koklyaev wrote:Benedikt he is deadlift god , I'm only amateur
Goob

Postby britdoc » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:27 pm

I agree...I miss my weetabix...and the potato waffles for that matter! As I remember, they are waffly versatile...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8cMvsiKY84
britdoc

Postby dreamqueen » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:18 pm

Do you have a slow cooker? If so, then I highly recommend this delicious breakfast.

Overnight steel cut oats.

1 cup water
1 cup unsweetened soy or almond milk
1/2 cup steel-cut oats
2 tbsp almond butter
1-2 tbsp maple syrup, rice syrup, or agave (although maple syrup is really the best)

In a 4-cup glass measuring jug (I use Pyrex), stir together the water, soy or almond milk, and steel-cut oats. Place in a large
slow-cooker, add enough cold water to come halfway up the side of the jug (less is fine, because there's so little evaporation with a
slow-cooker), switch on "low" and go to bed.

In the morning, stir in the almond butter and maple syrup. There might be a tablespoon's worth of grain clumped together at the bottom of the glass jug; it is fully cooked, though, and needs only to be mixed in. Serves two hungry people. :)

I top my portion with a sliced banana, fresh berries, chia seeds (not always, depends on how hungry I am), and lots of cinnamon.

You can use more water if you like your oatmeal more soupy; I like mine kind of chunky so the amounts I've used here reflect that.
dreamqueen

Postby blinki » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:06 am

The coldness has made me want warm breakfasts so on days I don't have early classes I've been having pancakes. One with vitalite, one with jam, one with viatlite and jam, one with lemon juice and one with cinnamon. I find it about the happiest 750 calories I can get
blinki

Postby Promesas » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:13 pm

Breakfast for me is always fruit.

Usually 4 apples, 4 bananas, and 4 oranges. And coffee with soy milk of course.

Giggity.
"It's my humble assertion that the best way to lower your cholesterol is: stop eating it"
-Dr Michael Klaper
Promesas

Postby Catt Queen » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:19 pm

Fruit just doesn't do it for me these days, not on it's own... I have a shake with soy milk, pea protein, hemp protein, cocoa powder and stevia first thing then post workout & dog walk I have fruit with soy yoghurt and ground flaxseed. Gotta have my protein... ! Never used to be an issue but is recently as I'm pushing myself harder.
Allie =^..^=
http://www.stronger.me.uk
Find me on Facebook
Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts.
That's what little girls are made of; to hell with sugar and spice.
Catt Queen

Postby gabrielxxx » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:04 am

I eat rice, beans, PVT, one or 2 bananas and some black coffee, saves me from eating trash at school
gabrielxxx

Postby baldy » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:05 am

When I am home toast, baked beans and potato waffles. Else a quik smoothie then oats when I get to the office.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby sosso » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:45 am

Either Weet-Bix, a big shake with soy milk, oats, OJ and protein powder, or toast with peanut butter.
sosso

Postby JO » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:16 pm

big fan of lentils w/tofu, cayenne, garlic, green onion, .5-1 oz raw walnuts & pecans, some soysauce if you need the sodium.
Kinetic-corporeal joy is known to ALL creatures.
JO

PreviousNext

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating