vegan quorn burger

New vegan products out there? Queries about products, ingredients, vegan supplements?

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: vegan quorn burger

Postby thestoatyone » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:41 pm

Goob wrote:
vegimator wrote:I saw another link where someone was at a vegan food expo and got to try it. They said something like, "if you like boca burgers, you'll love these things." Bocas aren't that great though.

I don't know why anyone would eat a boca burger now that gardein makes burgers. Very tasty and the same price at my local grocery store.

Side-note; anyone know whether this stuff is getting imported to the UK again? I know some veggie burger company had the rights to it and then stopped making it...
Vincit omnia pertinax virtus

My Log

muchluv wrote:When I grow up I want to be Gelert.
thestoatyone

Postby Goob » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:37 am

Konstantin wrote:In keeping with their ethos, it is made of ground babies and minced grannies, so technically stretches the definition of vegan.

so, babies aren't vegan?? :oops:
Mikhail Koklyaev wrote:Benedikt he is deadlift god , I'm only amateur
Goob

Postby Cade » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:09 pm

vegimator wrote:Image

According to this, it's only in the US so far. http://www.unleashed.org.au/community/f ... php?t=6444

Has anyone tried it yet? I'm excited to have a convenient, non-soy, protein source.

Yes, I tried it last night. They compensate for the egg whites by using wheat protein and wheat starch. The flavor was okay but nothing earth shattering. I think it was barbecue. I pan fried it and chopped it into small pieces to have with my mixed vegetables. There was enough of the sauce in the burger that I didn't feel the need to add anything to it.

I'm not big on eating processed foods so I probably won't try this again for many months but I do recommend giving it a shot. I'm not a big fan of Quorn for obvious reasons but let's hope they will expand their line to include more vegan products. I think they want to see how well this sells before they do that.
Cade

Postby beforewisdom » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:28 pm

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)
beforewisdom

Postby ratfan » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:59 pm

Here's a chance to let quorn know how annoying they are, stealing all the space in supermarkets and pushing out the vegan food: https://veganangst.wordpress.com/
Maybe we could organise a mass tweet to them or something? If we make enough noise they might give us a vegan burger here in the UK too?
ratfan

Postby blinki » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:05 am

Seems vegan quornis on it's way to the UK by September. Sounds likely to end up in Germany too.

I'm not actually sure if I'm happy about it, might push Fry's out even more, but on the other hand probably will lead to more people eating vegan food
blinki

Previous

Return to Vegan Products and Supplements