vegan quorn burger

New vegan products out there? Queries about products, ingredients, vegan supplements?

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: vegan quorn burger

Postby thestoatyone » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:41 pm

Goob wrote:
vegimator wrote:I saw another link where someone was at a vegan food expo and got to try it. They said something like, "if you like boca burgers, you'll love these things." Bocas aren't that great though.

I don't know why anyone would eat a boca burger now that gardein makes burgers. Very tasty and the same price at my local grocery store.

Side-note; anyone know whether this stuff is getting imported to the UK again? I know some veggie burger company had the rights to it and then stopped making it...
Vincit omnia pertinax virtus

My Log

muchluv wrote:When I grow up I want to be Gelert.
thestoatyone

Postby Goob » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:37 am

Konstantin wrote:In keeping with their ethos, it is made of ground babies and minced grannies, so technically stretches the definition of vegan.

so, babies aren't vegan?? :oops:
Mikhail Koklyaev wrote:Benedikt he is deadlift god , I'm only amateur
Goob

Postby Cade » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:09 pm

vegimator wrote:Image

According to this, it's only in the US so far. http://www.unleashed.org.au/community/f ... php?t=6444

Has anyone tried it yet? I'm excited to have a convenient, non-soy, protein source.

Yes, I tried it last night. They compensate for the egg whites by using wheat protein and wheat starch. The flavor was okay but nothing earth shattering. I think it was barbecue. I pan fried it and chopped it into small pieces to have with my mixed vegetables. There was enough of the sauce in the burger that I didn't feel the need to add anything to it.

I'm not big on eating processed foods so I probably won't try this again for many months but I do recommend giving it a shot. I'm not a big fan of Quorn for obvious reasons but let's hope they will expand their line to include more vegan products. I think they want to see how well this sells before they do that.
Cade

Postby beforewisdom » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:28 pm

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)
beforewisdom

Previous

Return to Vegan Products and Supplements