Squash!

All other sports and activities not mentioned above!

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Squash!

Postby the crazyest vegan » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:42 pm

Any play it? I got into it at the end of september, been playing about 4 times a week, never done any racket sports before and really enjoying it!
Let's plunge ourselves into the roar of time, the whirl of accident, may pain and pleasure, success and failure, shift as they will - for it is only action that can make a man.
the crazyest vegan

Re: Squash!

Postby vegan hal » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:08 am

I used to. back in the 80's :shock:

my dad was really into it. i don't remember the rules, but it was fun and fast! wish i knew of courts nearby as I'd try it again. Also played Racquetball.
vegan hal

Postby JS » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:39 am

I have played on and off for.............ooh almost 25 years! Still play once a week for a bit of exercise :)
JS

Postby Talyn » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:11 pm

Played it for three years, really like it. But since I moved to London I can't find a court to play at that isn't ridiculously expensive. A shame, as I miss it. Good fun and great for fitness.
Talyn
User Activation Admin

Postby JS » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:34 am

Talyn wrote: But since I moved to London I can't find a court to play at that isn't ridiculously expensive. .

We use council facilities here as it's cheaper - costs about £4/per game each as we buy a discount card although the courts are not in good condition. I'm not too sure if it's any more expensive then other sports though? I used to pay £6 for footy or a one off gym class for example.

Saying that London prices I can imagine is a whole other story!
JS

Postby the crazyest vegan » Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:34 am

The local sports centre charges £4.60 for 40 mins, it is a bit expensive, the uni courts are £1 for 40 mins with a meter so you buy light time, but they are in terrable condition.
I am really enjoying it, looking at expensive rackets now :P
anyone have experiance with tecnifibre rackets??
Let's plunge ourselves into the roar of time, the whirl of accident, may pain and pleasure, success and failure, shift as they will - for it is only action that can make a man.
the crazyest vegan

Return to Other Sports and General Fitness