Timanfaya Dreaming

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Re: Timanfaya Dreaming

Postby IronGirl » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:34 am

Mon / Tue Rest

Wednesday 40 min run with 6 x 30 sec strides

Thursday Rest

Friday Commute to work by bike - about 2 hours total

Saturday 1 hour run over fields and around Brockhampton

Sunday Rest

Feeling great and ready to go. Pity there isn't another half IM to go at this year!
Lots of XC / MT / Fell races coming up. Also going to do a road half Marathon in a months time. and have found a duathlon in 5 weeks time.
IronGirl

Postby IronGirl » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:14 pm

Monday

Turbo session
10 min warm up
1 x 1 min
1x 2 min
1 x 3 min
1 x 4 min
1 x 5 min
all at threshold and 1 min recovery, increasing gears as time went up
10 min cool down

a good adrenaline fix!! was climbing the walls, fully recovered from the race and bored out of my mind at work
IronGirl

Postby IronGirl » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:32 pm

Tuesday

Went out to do an hours run with some mile reps.

Did a 15 min warm up, then 5 x 1 mile at threshold............

........then encountered a bull between me and the short way home. I was pretty convinced the bull had a better 800m pb, the distance I'd have to cover to get across his field, so I decided to double back and find another way home.

so 2 hour run in total lol!
IronGirl

Postby Mr. Cleetus » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:03 am

Heyyy well done on your half! (errr, sorry I am a bit late with that...)

how's your motivation now?
Mr. Cleetus

Postby soniczip » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:16 am

long time no post :?
i'm focusing on some kind of stuff
soniczip

Postby IronGirl » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:47 pm

Thanks Mr C.

Motivation is up for next year. Torn between trying for a pb at half Ironman or going for the full thing. The distance was certainly not a problem, which I found surprising having not gone the bike at all until mid-June. Life in the old legs yet!

Would actually have been well up for doing another half IM this year, but no races left in the UK this year. So I'm doing Stroud half marathon next week.

wasn't really time to get in a big block of training but have got some good solid sessions in over the last couple of weeks.

2 weekends ago -

Saturday 3 hour run in the Brecon Beacons.............Talybont, Corn Du, pen y Fan, Cribyn & back to Talybont.
Glorious weather about 28 degrees. I love running in the heat, I'm odd like that. Just took loads of water, camel back, bottle belt plus I carried a bottle. Got through the lot, but kept up a good clip throughout. Fab day.

Sunday 1 hour 45 min run on the Malverns. North Hill to British Camp return. Felt so good but managed a head over heels dive on to a gravel track. what a mess, have looked better after falls from my bike! Gravel rash all down left elbow, left shoulder, briuse the size of a football on left hip. Left knee flowing freely with blood. No real damage done thankfully.

last weekend was rest - work stress.....Grrr!!

Monday PB on my Bringsty-Brockhampton-Downs loop. 1 hour 27 min. Previous best was 1 hour 34 and it started life as around 1 hour 50 back last winter. Well pleased. This will be the last longish runn before Stroud.

Been a few interval sessions inbetween, e.g.did a 6 X 800 session on Thursday, only 35 min in total but I knew about it if you know what I mean!

Not been posting much due to work hassle, will try to keep it up to date.
IronGirl

Postby IronGirl » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:40 pm

SundayStroud Half Marathon

6 mins slower than I did at the end of the half IM.

Either a. I really can run 6 mins faster at the end of a half Ironman, (not likely in fact I expected something like 6 mins faster ) or
b. my back /hip is out

Well seeing as I felt like I'd been kicked right in the spot where my big bruise was after going head over heels on the Malverns 3 weeks ago, I'm guessing 'b'. Also dull ache in lower back driving home.
Pity as Stroud is not a course you want to do for enjoyment, it's not pretty, it's just flat, boring and a potential pb course.

Booked in at the chiropracters in the morning, fingers crossed I've been here before and one treatment usually sorts it. Just bad timing or bad organisation on my part. I knew as soon as I fell that I'd probably knocked it because I gave it such a belt. Also my left shoulder is mildly tight.......all connected! I'm a first class muppet sometimes.
IronGirl

Postby IronGirl » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:28 pm

Monday

Been to the Chiropracters. Hips were twisted as well as tilted, but my chiropracter managed to work her magic and put me back together again.
Been told to take it easy for a couple of days. lol! She was grinning when she said this, she knows me too well.
Well I've had a day off training but I did decorate the kitchen!
IronGirl

Postby Mr. Cleetus » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:33 pm

Ahh, sorry about your half IG. Hopefully now that you are less crooked you will be good to go! :D
Mr. Cleetus

Postby IronGirl » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:58 am

Cheers Mr C, yeah fingers crossed.

Easing back into things now, I guess I was due some rest anyhow!

Tue
Rest

Wednesday
30 minute recovery run with Poppa

Thursday
1 hour run with 5 X 1 mile @ threshold

Friday
Walking in the Cambrian Mountains with the dogs.

Saturday
1 hour run around the Avebury loop (8 mile) with 8 X 1km @ threshold

hip/back seems fine, so all systems go! Time to get the bike going and get back in the pool
IronGirl

Postby IronGirl » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:28 pm

Sunday

1 hour 40 min XC run

Monday

hill Session
10 min warm up
90 sec hill, jog back down X 10
5 min cool down

best job with street lights. Dark at 5.30 Grr!!!
IronGirl

Postby Mr. Cleetus » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:48 pm

wakey wakey!
Mr. Cleetus

Postby IronGirl » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:05 pm

[quote="Mr. Cleetus"]wakey wakey!

yeah I know but I've been sickie sickie with flu!! :(

I was quietly ticking over and was ready to jump into winter training proper. Spent most of last week in bed ached all over and had the sinuses from hell, thought my head was going to explode.
On the mend now, desparate to get out there. Been making big decisions!!! :twisted:

Found a good compromise for next season. Was unsure between doing a season of halfs or doing a full Ironman. Well why not both. haha I've said it now. August 25th The Big Woody, an Ironman Distance race. Local to me, low key no frills race, about 1/3 the price of an M Dot race. (£125 for a full Ironman), Undulating bike and a trail run, perfect for a first IM in 10 years. After that I might be able to convince Mr I that he really needs a May 2013 holiday in Lanzarote. I'm planning to include lots of races and cycling sportives in the training. (putting all eggs in one basket and crashing on bike with a week to go blew my head last time). Blimey what am I saying, Is it the flu, am I imagining this? lol watch this space! It's all rather exciting! :D :D
IronGirl

Postby Mr. Cleetus » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:33 am

Faaaaantastic! That's great! :) (not about the flu :P) A trail run sounds like fun, I will have to look for the race. I did one non-M dot race about 10 years ago. It was probably one of the most fun I've had at an Ironman, other than Lanzarote, of course :P There were 80 starters and after about 40km on the bike I never saw another rider! :) It was also a trail run, but a pretty boring one. I look forward to seeing your training and progress.
Mr. Cleetus

Postby IronGirl » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:28 am

Still coughing (not good) and desparate to get going. Following my no training if symptoms are below the neck rule! Grrr! Hopefully OK by weekend.

There's a link for the Big Woody at http://www.blacksheepsportsltd.co.uk/bi ... thlon.html

Gone planning mad here at the moment. Just found a trail marathon in Coed y Brenin http://www.trailmarathonwales.com/ which is just crying out to be done. Perfect training!
IronGirl

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs