How to help veganfitness.net

Anything not covered above probably belongs here!

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: How to help veganfitness.net

Postby baldy » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:28 am

Split thread taking the advertising chat offline.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby baldy » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:49 pm

Quick update, as JP said on the other thread RELAUNCH IS IMMINENT!
Thank you to everyone that made a donation, so far we have enough funds to pay for 1 months web hosting. Hopefully once we are on the new server and everything is fast again we can get more finances flowing in.

It would be nice to mark our change over to the new server with a new relaunched logo. Does anyone want to have a crack at designing a new one? Even a rehash of the existing one with new photos would be great.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby beforewisdom » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:35 pm

baldy wrote:1) Donate, veganfitness.net has made the big step of moving onto its own server. This is a good thing, as it means we have grown and have the potential to grow further. However we now have a monthly commitment to cover hosting costs of roughly US$50 a month. To help with this please donate money into our paypal account directly using this link https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... FJG6HZSVRY or login to your paypal account and send money to our email address veganfitness.net@gmail.com
To donate US$5 automatically each month follow this link -> https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... MTGEREXMEA.

FYI, FWI

$50.28 in U.S. Dollars is 30 pounds
$5 U.S. Dollars is 3.18 pounds
$7.86 U.S. Dollars is 5 pounds

handy dandy currency converter

Will the non-cyclical donation link work for US dollars/credit cards?

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)
beforewisdom

Postby fredrikw » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:45 pm

I think that question is best answered by Paypal, but I don't see why it would make any difference. Also, it's really a non-issue paying in other currencies than your own (unless of course we're talking huge transactions where currency fluctuations can make a big difference). I don't think I have ever used Paypal to transfer money in my own currency (Swedish krona), and I have never ever had any problems whatsoever (using both bank transfer to my Paypal account as well as a Swedish credit card).

But I guess it can feel a bit unusual if it's the first time, just do it is my recommendation 8)
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby baldy » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:34 pm

fredrikw wrote:But I guess it can feel a bit unusual if it's the first time, just do it is my recommendation 8)

Yeah you can use your US$ credit card to make donations using the link. The amount will be in £ and paypal will do the conversion.
If you are worried about doing that you can create a paypal account and send us money in any currency or amount you would like. Our paypal account is veganfitness.net@gmail.com

baldy wrote:It would be nice to mark our change over to the new server with a new relaunched logo. Does anyone want to have a crack at designing a new one? Even a rehash of the existing one with new photos would be great.

No takers on this? Chief Veganfitness.net designer is needed, it may come with perks!
baldy
Site Admin

Postby Lordmuppet » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:06 pm

how about a separate thread for the donations request to make it more visible?
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby beforewisdom » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:53 pm

Lordmuppet wrote:how about a separate thread for the donations request to make it more visible?

I think a static link in the header would be more visible, perhaps with a mouseover message stating why it is needed. Perhaps with a link to a kickstarter page with a donation meter with what is needed for the year to help motivate people.

beforewisdom

Postby beforewisdom » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:03 pm

There are 2 donation links

My preference is to do a larger, nonrecurring donation. However, that link is hard coded for British addressing information. I tried donating through it and just kept getting error messages.

If a US donation link is made letting users specify the amount and recurrence/nonrecurrence I will use it.

beforewisdom

Postby Lordmuppet » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:00 pm

beforewisdom wrote:
Lordmuppet wrote:how about a separate thread for the donations request to make it more visible?

I think a static link in the header would be more visible, perhaps with a mouseover message stating why it is needed. Perhaps with a link to a kickstarter page with a donation meter with what is needed for the year to help motivate people.

sounds like a plan
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby Mr. Cleetus » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:03 pm

beforewisdom wrote:Recurring for the US at $5 a month[/list]

My preference is to do a larger, nonrecurring donation. However, that link is hard coded for British addressing information. I tried donating through it and just kept getting error messages.

If a US donation link is made letting users specify the amount and recurrence/nonrecurrence I will use it.

That's strange, I just used the 1st link and changed my location/address to NZ and had no problems. Just try donating directly to veganfitness.net@gmail.com
Mr. Cleetus

Postby beforewisdom » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:43 am

Mr. Cleetus wrote:
beforewisdom wrote:Recurring for the US at $5 a month[/list]

That's strange, I just used the 1st link and changed my location/address to NZ and had no problems. Just try donating directly to veganfitness.net@gmail.com

Doesn't that require a paypayl account ( I don't want one )?

beforewisdom

Postby fredrikw » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:07 am

Best way to find out is probably to go to paypal's web page and find out.
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby beforewisdom » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:25 pm

fredrikw wrote:Best way to find out is probably to go to paypal's web page and find out.

You didn't read my post. I went to the paypal site and I tried the donation link. It didn't work for me being from the US.

beforewisdom

Postby baldy » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:09 pm

beforewisdom wrote:
fredrikw wrote:Best way to find out is probably to go to paypal's web page and find out.

You didn't read my post. I went to the paypal site and I tried the donation link. It didn't work for me being from the US.

We have received a couple of US donations, so not sure what error you are getting. Anyway this link is for US$
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... CVQTZGEFAW

I have also added a donate button on the top menu, we will tidy it up once we have a graphics person on board. Donations are in UK£ at the moment because that is where we have received the most donations from and its the easiest for us.
In the next couple of days I will start a dedicated donation thread with buttons for $, £ and € with option for single or reoccurring.

The paypal account is now paypal@veganfitness.net (the old one still works, but this one looks more pro). Please keep the donations coming in, we nearly have enough for 2 months hosting.
baldy
Site Admin

Postby xrodolfox » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:28 pm

^Can this info needs to be someplace more prominent than a thread? Perhaps a permanent side bar?

I *finally* donated a tiny bit, but I can do more as the year goes on. I want to make it something regular...

Having NOT to look through a thread (and read, understand things, etc.) would really help, especially for the many intertube neophytes out there.
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion