Scientific blow to Paleo-dieters

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Scientific blow to Paleo-dieters

Postby DB » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:54 pm

Turns out meat didn't make us smart after all.

http://paleovegan.blogspot.com/2011/11/ ... issue.html
DB

Re: Scientific blow to Paleo-dieters

Postby xrodolfox » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:10 pm

So glad I read that. Thanks!
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby Fallen_Horse » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:04 pm

"It is not evidence that pre-humans were strict vegans. It is not evidence that Homo sapiens are natural herbivores. It is not evidence that meat and dairy, in themselves, are intrinsically either good or bad for us. If you're the kind of vegan who looks for an evolutionary hook to hang your fall-from-grace fantasies on, you'll have to look elsewhere. Prehistoric humans and their ancestors ate meat, and sometimes a heck of a lot of it. You'll just have to deal with that.

However, the paper is pretty good evidence that meat wasn't essential to our evolution. Meat, it turns out, probably didn't make us smart, after all. At the level of vegan blogosphere debate ammo, that might be cause for some applause."

Haha, this guy is a lot of fun. I, too, agree that humans were historically omnivores, and that our bodies developed as omnivores. However, we are now able to overcome our ancestral ways and move on to a new way of living. Go evolution! :D
Lovin' it!
Fallen_Horse

Postby sergio » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:06 pm

Great article and better blog.
I accidentally replaced all of my blood with coffee.
sergio

Postby wannalift » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:15 am

Missed this the first time around. Fantastic post.
Are you doing enough to be the best?
wannalift

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating