FAT LOSS CHALLENGE

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

FAT LOSS CHALLENGE

Postby LvH » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:27 pm

The clock is now ticking! Edited to say: It started as a month-long challenge but we kept it going -- you can join in any time!

Come on in to record your losses.

Or to sympathize and support us trying to work off a bit of fat.

Start with your stats and goal for the challenge (posting stats and goals is optional though!)

Bulkers, you post too so everybody will see when we go down more than you go up!
Last edited by LvH on Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LvH

Re: FAT LOSS CHALLENGE

Postby LvH » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:38 pm

LvH:

Starting weight 132 lbs. Goal weight 124 lbs.

Plan to continue running and strength training. From past experience, I know I also have to track my calories or I will have no results.
LvH

Postby Talyn » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:22 pm

I want to reach 64kg by Christmas.

Currently around 66kg.

Calories around 500 under maintenance, lifting 3x a week. Occasional game of racquetball. Occasional cake and ice-cream.

This will be easy.
Talyn
User Activation Admin

Postby LvH » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:22 pm

All right Talyn!!!! :)
LvH

Postby kallefs » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:36 pm

Might as well...right now at 86kg. Want to get down to below 80kg again, that can't take more then three months so we start with 84 at new year?
Dum di dum!
kallefs

Postby baldy » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:25 pm

This should be easy, starting weight is 96.78 naked on calibrated scales.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby LvH » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:00 pm

kallefs and baldy, awesome!!!!
LvH

Postby LvH » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:49 pm

Well I just wrote a long post and then erased it because it was annoying, but tomorrow's going to be the first weigh in and I expect to have gone UP not down. :(

Summary: I screwed up for 5 days (!!), I have a plan to not screw up in the same situation later this month, and hope to do better for the rest of the challenge.....!
LvH

Postby MissKitty » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:19 am

ok, I'm in. 160 lbs, want to eventually get to 135 (i'm 5 ft 3 inch) Lost 80 lbs over past 2 years, now am STUCK, scale won't budge and even gained 10 over past few months.
I cross fit 3 to 4 days a week, for past 4 months

My goal is to eat to plan daily, continue cross fit.
LvH, I too get frustrated with no one to talk to about vegan diet issues/weight loss. I have met with a few diaticians and they all seem to secretly wish I would eat animals... sorry, no chance. Its like they bail because their job would be easier if I ate eggs!

One of my issues is that I lost the weight before thru huge restriction in my eating and it pushed me toward binge eating. Now I am at a total loss. I honestly cannot tell if I am eating too much or too little.

I am hesitant to count calories again, as it will push me to old habits of too much restriciton. Ugg, its like a never ending cycle.

Everyone says cross fit at 7 months will make big body changes... I'm waiting
MissKitty

Postby LvH » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:54 pm

MissKitty wrote:... I have met with a few diaticians and they all seem to secretly wish I would eat animals... sorry, no chance. Its like they bail because their job would be easier if I ate eggs!

That made me laugh. Awesome that you're in MissKitty!!! You did great with the 80 lbs, I can see how it would be frustrating to go back up again but 10 lbs is not that much. And some of that might be from muscle replacing fat because of all the Crossfit you're doing.

I hope doing this challenge will help you, at least you can vent here.
LvH

Postby LvH » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:13 am

ONE WEEK UPDATE!!

Let's hear it from you guys!

I was terrible this week so the scale went up, then down with a net loss of 0.
LvH

Postby LvH » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:21 am

About to start another weekend surrounded by food, my plan is to grocery shop so that I have plenty of healthy food. Then I need to eat my healthy food. And I need to not act like calories consumed at parties don't count. So I need to decide what I'll eat before I drink and if I can't stick to my plans while drinking I'll have to start limiting drinks too. :x

So what is there to be happy about? If I am good, I can stop wearing my ugly jeans before they get holes from being worn so much, and go back to wearing my cute jeans that are not falling apart. Since I can wear jeans to work that'll be awesome. Also I can run faster. :)
LvH

Postby kallefs » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:18 am

Ehhh...pulled a wisdom tooth on Thursday and have not eaten since then (sort of). So down to 83 right now. Not really a diet to recommend :wink:
Dum di dum!
kallefs

Postby baldy » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:33 am

Aye not been the best week in the bulkers world either, naked morning weight on uncalibrated scales 97.2kg.
baldy wrote:This should be easy, starting weight is 96.78 naked on calibrated scales.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby Catt Queen » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:50 am

Those of you who are trying to lose... are you relying solely on scales or are you using measurements and / or body fat percentage? Scales alone are not accurate - you may be losing physical weight, but that weight may well be muscle instead of fat and that would be counter-productive.
Allie =^..^=
http://www.stronger.me.uk
Find me on Facebook
Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts.
That's what little girls are made of; to hell with sugar and spice.
Catt Queen

Next

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating