How to help veganfitness.net

Anything not covered above probably belongs here!

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

How to help veganfitness.net

Postby baldy » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:53 pm

1) Donate, veganfitness.net has made the big step of moving onto its own server. This is a good thing, as it means we have grown and have the potential to grow further. However we now have a monthly commitment to cover hosting costs of roughly US$50 a month. To help with this please donate money into our paypal account directly using this link https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... FJG6HZSVRY or login to your paypal account and send money to our email address veganfitness.net@gmail.com
To donate US$5 automatically each month follow this link -> https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... MTGEREXMEA

2) Offer support, we need a person to act as "Minister of Finance" to gather sponsorships and sell advertising to vegan companies. The person to do this does not need to have any experience, just enthusiasm. Along with this we need suggestions of companies we can approach for donations, free products and to buy advertising. Even better if people can write sample letters that we can send out to these companies.

3) Make veganfitness.net work, encourage meaningful threads and start a training log. If you can't see any posts to reply to, click the "View unanswered posts" link in the top left and reply to some new threads.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
User avatar
baldy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7270
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 10:23 am
Location: St Albans UK

Re: How to help veganfitness.net

Postby fredrikw » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:52 pm

Would it be possible to setup a monthly payment? Doesn't need so many people donating a quite small amount monthly to cover the hosting cost, and you won't need to remind people to donate money from time to time.
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
User avatar
fredrikw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10738
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:46 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Re: How to help veganfitness.net

Postby Lordmuppet » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:55 pm

fredrikw wrote:Would it be possible to setup a monthly payment? Doesn't need so many people donating a quite small amount monthly to cover the hosting cost, and you won't need to remind people to donate money from time to time.


seconded. 10 of us donating 5 dollars a month will cover it till alternative funding is found.
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
User avatar
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: How to help veganfitness.net

Postby baldy » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:26 am

Lordmuppet wrote:
fredrikw wrote:Would it be possible to setup a monthly payment? Doesn't need so many people donating a quite small amount monthly to cover the hosting cost, and you won't need to remind people to donate money from time to time.


seconded. 10 of us donating 5 dollars a month will cover it till alternative funding is found.

I think I can create a button for that, but need to hard code the amount (I think). Is $5 a month a fair amount?
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
User avatar
baldy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7270
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 10:23 am
Location: St Albans UK

Re: How to help veganfitness.net

Postby Lordmuppet » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:09 am

baldy wrote:
Lordmuppet wrote:
fredrikw wrote:Would it be possible to setup a monthly payment? Doesn't need so many people donating a quite small amount monthly to cover the hosting cost, and you won't need to remind people to donate money from time to time.


seconded. 10 of us donating 5 dollars a month will cover it till alternative funding is found.

I think I can create a button for that, but need to hard code the amount (I think). Is $5 a month a fair amount?


Well for the UK I think $5 it is fine given the exchange rate. For the US, maybe also give an option to give $2.5 a month too?
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
User avatar
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: How to help veganfitness.net

Postby Lordmuppet » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:15 am

baldy wrote: 2) Offer support, we need a person to act as "Minister of Finance" to gather sponsorships and sell advertising to vegan companies. The person to do this does not need to have any experience, just enthusiasm. Along with this we need suggestions of companies we can approach for donations, free products and to buy advertising. Even better if people can write sample letters that we can send out to these companies.


I may be interested in doing this. I have no experience but I can write nicely and I own a suit! ;)

Please add me to the skype stuff I'll message you my username on that

suggestions so far

suggestions of companies: easiest way to do this is by thread.

stats if we are going to sell advertising we would need to be able to provide stats on how many hits the site gets, how long people tend to stay for etc etc. Do we have this? If not I think it is quite easy to get though not sure if it is free.

vegan companies or vegan products It would be prudent to decide ahead of time if we only want to deal with vegan companies or if it is sufficient that the product advertised is vegan. I worry that if we rule out companies based on their parent company the pool left will be pretty small. Again a thread/poll on this might be useful.

member donations It might be an idea to give members something back in exchange for the (monthly?) donations. this does not have to cost us anything! because recognition is free. For example, some theatres put the names on donors on the back of seats.
Last edited by Lordmuppet on Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
User avatar
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: How to help veganfitness.net

Postby baldy » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:20 am

Lordmuppet wrote:
baldy wrote: 2) Offer support, we need a person to act as "Minister of Finance" to gather sponsorships and sell advertising to vegan companies. The person to do this does not need to have any experience, just enthusiasm. Along with this we need suggestions of companies we can approach for donations, free products and to buy advertising. Even better if people can write sample letters that we can send out to these companies.


I am interested in doing this.

Great, you are hired.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
User avatar
baldy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7270
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 10:23 am
Location: St Albans UK

Re: How to help veganfitness.net

Postby Lordmuppet » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:34 am

baldy wrote:
Lordmuppet wrote:
baldy wrote: 2) Offer support, we need a person to act as "Minister of Finance" to gather sponsorships and sell advertising to vegan companies. The person to do this does not need to have any experience, just enthusiasm. Along with this we need suggestions of companies we can approach for donations, free products and to buy advertising. Even better if people can write sample letters that we can send out to these companies.


I am interested in doing this.

Great, you are hired.


nice edit :lol: I was just thinking putting may was rather lilly livered!

nervous but excited!

hoping I can keep the time commitment reasonable by crowd sourcing certain aspects (like suggestions of companies).

The experience will be very good for the resume too!
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
User avatar
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: How to help veganfitness.net

Postby Lordmuppet » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:40 am

advertising nuts and bolts i'll also need to know what sort of advertising we have available. How many banners, what are their size, where do they appear etc.
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
User avatar
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: How to help veganfitness.net

Postby xrodolfox » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:07 pm

Lordmuppet wrote:
baldy wrote:
Lordmuppet wrote:seconded. 10 of us donating 5 dollars a month will cover it till alternative funding is found.

I think I can create a button for that, but need to hard code the amount (I think). Is $5 a month a fair amount?


Well for the UK I think $5 it is fine given the exchange rate. For the US, maybe also give an option to give $2.5 a month too?


I'd be down for donating.

I just think that IF we do this, it shouldn't be reflected in any special perks or recognition on the board. This was done at another board I used to frequent, I think that the policy of differentiating based on donation didn't do the place any favors on the tension that built up.

The other stuff might take time, but the donating could be done easily, right? Set up a paypal thing?
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
User avatar
xrodolfox
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3579
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: How to help veganfitness.net

Postby fredrikw » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:25 pm

xrodolfox wrote:I just think that IF we do this, it shouldn't be reflected in any special perks or recognition on the board.

+1
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
User avatar
fredrikw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10738
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:46 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Re: How to help veganfitness.net

Postby Lordmuppet » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:34 pm

fredrikw wrote:
xrodolfox wrote:I just think that IF we do this, it shouldn't be reflected in any special perks or recognition on the board.

+1


fair enough. If it didn't work elsewhere then that's certainly a good reason not to do it. I could see how the perception of an 'in group'/'out group' thing might form.

Now I think about it too, in any case I'm pretty sure we have enough people willing to donate without using such incentives
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
User avatar
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: How to help veganfitness.net

Postby ninearms » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:49 pm

I'm happy to take any perks Rodolfo and Fredrik turn down. For the animals.
“Begin at the beginning,” the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end. Then stop.”
User avatar
ninearms
Perked Member
 
Posts: 6030
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: Leicester, UK

Re: How to help veganfitness.net

Postby xrodolfox » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:58 pm

your name in flashing lettering? or special fonts?
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
User avatar
xrodolfox
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3579
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: How to help veganfitness.net

Postby fredrikw » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:06 pm

ninearms wrote:I'm happy to take any perks Rodolfo and Fredrik turn down. For the animals.

done.
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
User avatar
fredrikw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10738
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:46 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest