Stuart McGill and back stability

For injury and health related discussion and support only. Please note that this is not a substitute for seeing a health care professional.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: Stuart McGill and back stability

Postby soniczip » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:15 pm

togi wrote:Yeah, moggy, I'm not sure why, but people seem to be reselling it for stupid amounts - and that's often the 1st edition, which isn't updated with all sort of goodies...

As for £40-ish, that'd be the price for ordering it direct from Stuart McGill's site in Canada. Choosing the cheapest delivery option, it's about $60 CAD, which Google tells me is worth about £37, but which Paypal say is worth £39 :-(

But still, £40 is less than £90 I guess. I'd just like to see if I can find anyone who's actually bought the book, so I can get a sense of whether it's worth investing in.

what about pdfing it? i don't know what pdfing means, but if someone is willing to pdf it, i'll surely give it a try. moggy too i guess :D
i'm focusing on some kind of stuff
soniczip

Postby XkillerX » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:31 pm

SCANLATION.

You take a book, a scanner, and a day out of your life, and you scan that fucker in.

Then run it through some high quality OCR software, fiddle around with another day or so, and voila!, instant scanlation.

Naturally you will want to *borrow* some kind of high quality OCR software from the interwebnets, because those babies ain't free...
Next time, I'll spend the money on drugs instead.
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Postby soniczip » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:51 pm

XkillerX wrote:SCANLATION.

You take a book, a scanner, and a day out of your life, and you scan that fucker in.

Then run it through some high quality OCR software, fiddle around with another day or so, and voila!, instant scanlation.

Naturally you will want to *borrow* some kind of high quality OCR software from the interwebnets, because those babies ain't free...

oh, thanks for exposing me to all the copyright law secret agents infiltrated in vf my friend :? now i will have to tell them your secrets too, that day when you stole a truck of celeries coming from russia from example, or when ...
i'm focusing on some kind of stuff
soniczip

Postby muchluv » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:25 pm

One of his books is on google books.
Although the effeminate nature of my username may suggest otherwise, my gender actually falls into the male category.
muchluv
The VF YouTube Guvnor

Postby muchluv » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:50 pm

I'm thinking about getting this book. The description says it has 5 phases but then i saw a review where it said it's more about principles rather than exercises although it has a couple? Can anyone tell me what its like and whether it's worth getting, specifically regarding exercises and workouts?
Although the effeminate nature of my username may suggest otherwise, my gender actually falls into the male category.
muchluv
The VF YouTube Guvnor

Postby ultra_whippet » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:18 pm

The 5 phases:
1) Corrective exercise - practise correct motion and motor patterns
2) Build stability, both at individual joints and whole body
3) Enhance endurance
4) Build strength
5) Speed/power/agility

Yes it is worth getting, although it is rather more than you need if you just want an exercise routine. (My book is better for that :wink: )
ultra_whippet

Postby muchluv » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:27 pm

Have ordered a copy Mcgills book :)
muchluv
The VF YouTube Guvnor

Postby ultra_whippet » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:10 pm

Some shameless publicity - but you can get 25% off my book at the mo :wink:

http://www.lulu.com/product/ebook/modern-principles-of-core-training/17367641

Use the code LULUBOOKUK305 when checking out, it's good until the end of January
ultra_whippet

Previous

Return to Injury Prevention and Support Forum