Vegan in Bellingham, Wa

Please introduce yourself here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Vegan in Bellingham, Wa

Postby MissKitty » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:22 pm

Hi
I am a 40 yr, married vegan. Own my own business for 15 yrs. Love cross fit and running. Struggle with my weight...Lost 80 lbs after becoming vegan 4 yrs ago(vegetarian for 8 years previous), stuck in a weight plateau for a year. Husband is vegan too, and we are kid-free. Love our dogs (Chihuahua's)
Thanks for such a great forum
MissKitty

Re: Vegan in Bellingham, Wa

Postby dublin dave » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:42 pm

Welcome... 8)
dublin dave

Postby loveliberate » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:53 pm

Hello & Welcome Hamster! :wink:

Nice to have another Cascadian here. I will likely be visiting your area later this month - any tips or suggestions, both vegan-specific and in general? :D
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.corneredcat.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Postby LvH » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:01 pm

I'm new too but I had to say welcome anyway because you said kid-free plus dogs. We are too, and we're crazy about our very elderly dogs, one mutt and one Boston terrier. That's a big chihuahua in your pic :wink: . And I'm also turning 40 this month and married too. Too bad my hub's not even vegetarian, but at least he usually will eat whatever I cook.

A couple friends at work do Crossfit, that stuff is hardcore!!
LvH

Postby MissKitty » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:09 am

LvH, love the photo... ya the pic is me at work. I own a large Doggie Day Care (yup its vegan too)
I have 4 dogs, all chihuahua. My oldest is 17... gotta love those old doggies

Hi loveliberate, several vegan friendly restaurants here: Pepper Sisters, Swan Cafe (lots of vegan baked goods too) Soy House, Rudi's Pizzaria. Tons of hiking, biking...
MissKitty

Postby xrodolfox » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:47 am

welcome!
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby divergirl » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:05 am

Hi ya!

Welcome! Bellingham is a beautiful area, my sis/bro in-laws used to live in the Seattle area & we would visit & tour around that neck of the woods - lovely! We were living over the mountains in the East side of WA, definitely not as pretty and NOT as green! :)

I also love 1. that you're vegan, 2. that you don't have kiddies (we don't either, apart from our 2 furbaby doggies!) and 3. that you have your own biz & that it's doggie day care - special that's for sure!

Catch ya round the boards......
Diving into the blue again......

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Winners do things that losers just won't.
divergirl

Return to New member introductions