Any brazilians here?

Please introduce yourself here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Any brazilians here?

Postby gabrielxxx » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:13 pm

Hey fellow tree-hugging hippies, just here for a quick introduction!

I'm 16 years old, born in Laramie, WY, grew up in College Station, TX and living in Goiânia, Brazil since '03. Went pretty much from BBQ king to vegan 2 years ago for ethical and enviromental reasons listening to kinds all kinds of bs that I bet everyone here has heard as well.

Always loved sports, went through swimming, baseball, both kinds of football, handball, volleyball and I got a Karate black belt last year but had to stop. In June I started playing Rugby in the local team and also started weightlifting to put on some mass for that.

I live the average Brazilian middle-class life, if you have any questions feel free to ask.
gabrielxxx

Re: Any brazilians here?

Postby loveliberate » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:17 pm

Olá e bem-vindo! :D

I have also lived in both Wyoming and Texass but have sadly not yet visited Brasil...
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.corneredcat.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Postby Talyn » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:37 pm

There are no hippies here, you must be confused with the other place.

Welcome, though. Good to have you on board!
Talyn
User Activation Admin

Postby loveliberate » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:44 pm

Speak for yourself! I am at least 35% hippy, Cascadian aggro shorthair to be more specific. :twisted:
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.corneredcat.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Postby xrodolfox » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:50 am

Eh, I am Chilean, but when I used to swim for La Universidad de Chile in Santiago, one of fellow internationals on the team was Brazilian. Boy, was he nuts. I too went from BK to Vegan in 24hrs. It's been a decade and a half since that decision, and it's been good.

Welcome!
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby gabrielxxx » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:22 pm

Hey guys, thanks for the welcomes!

About the hippy part, it was just a joke with the stereotypes placed on us, I myselft am not anywhere close to hippy culture in any way.

I really liked what I've seen in other threads around here, It's also nice to be in contact with other vegan athletes/sports enthusiasts, since here where I live unfortunately it's one or the other.
gabrielxxx

Postby V-Igor » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:37 pm

Sim...seja bem vindo camarada!
V-Igor

Postby gabrielxxx » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:30 pm

Opa Igor, valeu aí.

Dei uma olhada no seu perfil e vi o vídeo da luta, meus parabéns!
gabrielxxx

Postby V-Igor » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:20 am

hehehe, valeu cara!
Em falar nisso, pq vc teve que parar no karate? Po 16 anos e já com a black belt :o
V-Igor

Postby gabrielxxx » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:18 pm

Tive que parar por conta do colégio, o horário tava difícil demais pra mim.

Agora to jogando rugby, já que os treinos são no fds e de noitão durante a semana, ficou mais tranquilo.
gabrielxxx

Postby Sus » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:32 pm

Hi gabrielxxx!

Is it hard to find vegan food in Brazil? I'm going there this summer and I am a bit worried about the food situation, because I've heard that all they're eating down there is meat.. :P

This trip will be kind of a "capoeira boot camp" with lots of exercise, so I will need to eat healthy food. Problem is me and my (meat-eating) friends will eat at restaurants most of the time, I'm guessing there will be not much time for home cooking.

Do you know whether the restaurants in Brazil are familiar with vegan food? I have absolutely no demands about the taste, as long as it vegan. :)
Sus

Postby gabrielxxx » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:30 pm

Sus wrote:Hi gabrielxxx!

Is it hard to find vegan food in Brazil? I'm going there this summer and I am a bit worried about the food situation, because I've heard that all they're eating down there is meat.. :P

This trip will be kind of a "capoeira boot camp" with lots of exercise, so I will need to eat healthy food. Problem is me and my (meat-eating) friends will eat at restaurants most of the time, I'm guessing there will be not much time for home cooking.

Do you know whether the restaurants in Brazil are familiar with vegan food? I have absolutely no demands about the taste, as long as it vegan. :)

So, in what city are you staying in? Are you familiar with portuguese? Here you can buy "regular" food for REALLY cheap(rice, beans, lentils, veggies and fruits). TVP is also very cheap. Those can be found in virtually any city you stay in.

If you are going to a big city, chill out because here when people eat out they like to eat the same things that they eat at home, so you will find many self service places, and many today even have whole grain rice, chickpea salads, TVP, etc. Just be careful to ask if they add meat or bacon to the beans, because here apparently those are different things.

In the bigger cities(Rio, São Paulo, Salvador) you will find vegan restaurants really easy, usually downtown.

Good luck and have a nice trip!
gabrielxxx

Postby RBE.VeganZeitgeist » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:28 pm

Last edited by RBE.VeganZeitgeist on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
RBE.VeganZeitgeist

Postby gabrielxxx » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:04 pm

RBE.VeganZeitgeist wrote:Asking- ''Any brazilians here?'' can have a different meaning for the females! :lol: :lol:

wut
gabrielxxx

Postby RBE.VeganZeitgeist » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:35 am

Last edited by RBE.VeganZeitgeist on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
RBE.VeganZeitgeist

Next

Return to New member introductions