lifting belts?

Home of strength: powerlifting, olympic lifting, grip strength, strongman, odd object lifting, explosive power...

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: lifting belts?

Postby buzz » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:34 pm

Looking smooth Hal!
buzz

Postby vegan hal » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:09 pm

thanks Buzz.

So how do you all set your belts. meaning how tight? I think i am over tightening. I like the support it gives me, but it's really hard to remove it. and i fear i may damage myself if i go too tight.

any general rules to go by?
vegan hal

Postby buzz » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:51 am

vegan hal wrote:thanks Buzz.

So how do you all set your belts. meaning how tight? I think i am over tightening. I like the support it gives me, but it's really hard to remove it. and i fear i may damage myself if i go too tight.

I tend not to go mega tight apart form for yoke walk. But if you like it tight, and can get it off, then it's ok imo, not really any such thing as over-tightening.

True story and a word of warning - guy phoned us up, "Hi, I bought a belt, and I put it on and can't get it off. I'm on my way to the fire brigade now. What should I do???"

Me - "Maybe don't put it on quite so tight next time, or get someone to help you get it off."

:)
buzz

Postby Lordmuppet » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:24 am

vegan hal wrote:thanks Buzz.

I wear mein lever super tight. Two years and no visits to the fire department *fingers crossed* ;)
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby baldy » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:48 am

buzz wrote:True story and a word of warning - guy phoned us up, "Hi, I bought a belt, and I put it on and can't get it off. I'm on my way to the fire brigade now. What should I do???"

Me - "Maybe don't put it on quite so tight next time, or get someone to help you get it off."

You didn't suggest an orange and black bag?
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby buzz » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:15 pm

Lordmuppet wrote:I wear mein lever super tight. Two years and no visits to the fire department *fingers crossed* ;)

Lever's are safe man, it's the double prong buckle guys that are dicing with death :)

baldy wrote:You didn't suggest an orange and black bag?

That's what I'd have done personally, but they guy was freaking out, I was trying my best to calm him down (without laughing :))
buzz

Postby vegan hal » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:11 pm

if i got stuck in mine, i'll just go out to the barn and fire up the chainsaw. :twisted: :twisted:

i went with a 1 hole looser setting this week and it made all the difference. still plenty of support. and easy to remove. really GREAT belt!
vegan hal

Previous

Return to Power and Strength