Manchester meetup November 12

Forum to discuss and advertise vegan, animal, human, environmental and other vegan related events and campaigns.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: Manchester meetup November 12

Postby baldy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:23 am

Rach wrote: sunday roasts at Mello Mello, amazing! Plus vegan cake too

Sounds perfect, anything else to recommend in Liverpool?
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby Rach » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:00 pm

Yes, there's lots to see and do, depends what people want.

There's the 'ferry cross the Mersey' for a decent view of the waterfront; the Albert Dock and they have a wheel (smaller version of London eye).

Building wise The Albert Dock to Pierhead area has the largest collection of Grade I listed buildings in the UK. I also think the 'Bombed Out Church' is worth a look, plus the cathedrals are good looking buildings.

For galleries: there's Tate Liverpool;The Walker Art Gallery; The Bluecoat have art displays too.

Museums: The Museum of Liverpool all about the city might be a good bet, it only opened this year; there's the International Slavery Museum; The Maritime Museum and the World Museum Liverpool.

Plus shops and pubs etc, The Philharmonic Pub (amazing interior and men's toilets), The Cracke and The Pilgrim spring to mind.
http://www.visitliverpool.com/
Rach

Postby baldy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:25 pm

Sunday is confirmed for Liverpool. What time and place do you want to meet Rach?
.flux is also going to meet us, maybe try get a cheeky gym session before lunch?
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby Rach » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:06 pm

baldy wrote:Sunday is confirmed for Liverpool. What time and place do you want to meet Rach?
.flux is also going to meet us, maybe try get a cheeky gym session before lunch?

Great, anytime 1pm onwards good for me, a gym sess beforehand sounds good except that am going to the Rory Gallagher tribute concert at The Cavern Club the night before and expect to be sinking a few drinks so probably won't be up for lifting :D

As for gyms open on a Sunday in Liverpool, there's the Training Station not too far from town, Crossfit Liverpool is adjoining but only open by appt. There are also some hotel gyms but none really geared up for oly lifting.

How are people travelling in? I can meet people at Lime Street if it's by train or another landmark. What time? Any ideas on what you'd like to do after/before lunch? Ferry cross the Mersey? The FACT centre have this interactive exhibition on that I have heard is very good: http://www.fact.co.uk/news/latest-news/ ... egins-here

We also have a mini London eye at The Albert Dock.

As Mello Mello's roasts are popular, I can ask them to save some, just let me know how many are coming. Will pm my contact details.
Rach

Postby baldy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:50 am

Rach wrote:Great, anytime 1pm onwards good for me, a gym sess beforehand sounds good except that am going to the Rory Gallagher tribute concert at The Cavern Club the night before and expect to be sinking a few drinks so probably won't be up for lifting :D

At the moment its me, Talyn, .flux and you, hopefully more folks will add there names to the list.
I am driving in, so 1pm at Mello Mello's would be fine, then we can do something after food. The interactive exhibition looks interesting, I would be up for seeing that.
baldy
Site Admin

Postby xJimx » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:13 pm

Sadly I've got to bail on this weekend as I've just got too much on work- & family-wise. Gutted :(
DYEL
xJimx

Postby chewybaws » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:33 pm

This is doable. Where you guys staying?
was there a time we weren't at war; when we knew what our hearts and hands were for?
chewybaws

Postby Talyn » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:39 pm

xJimx wrote:Sadly I've got to bail on this weekend as I've just got too much on work- & family-wise. Gutted :(

It's next weekend.

Or did you mean that?
Talyn
User Activation Admin

Postby Talyn » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:41 pm

chewybaws wrote:This is doable. Where you guys staying?

With JP, unless this is not cool with him, in which case it'll be a cheap hostel.

It'd be good to finally meet you if you're able to make it!
Talyn
User Activation Admin

Postby JP » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:29 pm

chewy, if you are staying one night you can crash at mine too!
JP
Site Admin

Postby baldy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:15 pm

chewybaws wrote:This is doable.

Do it! Will be a great crew lifting on Saturday.
baldy
Site Admin

Postby chewybaws » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:36 am

Awesome, what kind of time are you guys talking for the gym sesh on Saturday, cause it's quite a drive for me.

Need to nick a sat nav off a mate as well, am hopeless at finding places myself.
was there a time we weren't at war; when we knew what our hearts and hands were for?
chewybaws

Postby baldy » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:00 am

chewybaws wrote:Awesome, what kind of time are you guys talking for the gym sesh on Saturday, cause it's quite a drive for me.

Need to nick a sat nav off a mate as well, am hopeless at finding places myself.

Sat session at OSG is scheduled for 10Am, then lunch, then dinner, then night out in the City.

Sunday we might get another cheeky morning session in (or not), then drive to Manchester for Lunch at Mello Mello's 1pm.
baldy
Site Admin

Postby Rach » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:06 pm

1pm at Mello Mello then, see you all there and have a good lifting sess on the Sat :)
Rach

Postby JP » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:45 pm

chewy, if you can come only for one night maybe better to get here at friday night, stay over and then we hit the gym in the morning?

Or both fri and sat :D

you might need to bring your own bedding though mate, sleeping bag or something - have a sleeping bag here too tho if you dont have one.
JP
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Vegan activism and events