London

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Postby barnz2k » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:29 pm

ahh Vita Organic is the name of the Cafe I mentioned. I never went int till recently cause its always busy, and found out it was a totally vegan cafe!

Hmm theres a Tibits in Switzerland isnt there? I think I went to a different one in zurich though not tibits
barnz2k

Postby ultra_whippet » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:52 pm

Yes indeed it is a Swiss chain. As Ritchie says the staff are really nice and the food is top notch.
ultra_whippet

Re: London

Postby baldy » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:46 am

I am so excited to be staying in London properly, want to kick this thread back into life.

For lunches I normally go to Wasabi and have the tofu noodles or tofu rice pretty big tub of calories for less than a 5'er.

Had hummus sandwiches from Pret a few times, but they seem to have take them off there Autumn menu. Standard lunch backup is the boots lunch special with there hummus sandwich.

Came across this which could potentially be a gem, will report back once I try it.
The Larder in Bethnal Green do a soya crepe filled with curry! They might be able to do a sweet version if that was what you were looking for..

Now the important question is, has anyone found vegan doughnuts in London?
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby Talyn » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:29 pm

baldy wrote:I am so excited to be staying in London properly, want to kick this thread back into life.

Near you:
Happy Kitchen
Pogo
Gossip cafe
Gallery cafe

About a mile away:
Saf
Amico Bio

There are more, that's just off the top of my head.
Talyn
User Activation Admin

Postby baldy » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:57 pm

Talyn wrote:There are more, that's just off the top of my head.

Flatmate and I are looking at big 10 seater dinning room table for the Hackney cult house, so will also be able to have a VF dinner party at some stage.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby loveliberate » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:38 am

baldy wrote:Now the important question is, has anyone found vegan doughnuts in London?
In London? No, sorry... Here in Portland? Yes, but only 4 place here bake them fresh that I know of...
Last edited by loveliberate on Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.corneredcat.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Postby FormicaLinoleum » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:09 pm

I know Ms Cupcake made doughnuts at some point... not sure whether they still do them.
- Liz
FormicaLinoleum

Postby baldy » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:12 pm

anyone going to the bookfair on Saturday? http://anarchistbookfair.org.uk/
baldy
Site Admin

Postby JP » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:24 am

ME!

with ironman D

What time are you there? I'll text you when we know, but aiming to be in london at 12 noon - but then might first nail some food.

Also, some kind of hardcore gig in the evening? I know nothing about it, but can ask if you are up for it?
JP
Site Admin

Postby baldy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:21 am

JP wrote:What time are you there? I'll text you when we know, but aiming to be in london at 12 noon - but then might first nail some food.

Also, some kind of hardcore gig in the evening? I know nothing about it, but can ask if you are up for it?

Yeah txt me, I am getting keys for my new place at 10 oclock but moving in shouldn't take long. Late lunch or evening gig would be great.
baldy
Site Admin

Postby _Andreas_ » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:06 pm

I just landed a place on a graduate scheme so will be moving back to London in September. Can't wait to be back and munch my way through London's vegan restaurants.

Need to find a place near Canary Wharf now
_Andreas_

Postby baldy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:09 pm

_Andreas_ wrote:I just landed a place on a graduate scheme so will be moving back to London in September. Can't wait to be back and munch my way through London's vegan restaurants.

How about Woking?
baldy
Site Admin

Postby lover of cuttlefish » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:47 pm

baldy wrote:I am so excited to be staying in London properly, want to kick this thread back into life.

For lunches I normally go to Wasabi and have the tofu noodles or tofu rice pretty big tub of calories for less than a 5'er.

Had hummus sandwiches from Pret a few times, but they seem to have take them off there Autumn menu. Standard lunch backup is the boots lunch special with there hummus sandwich.

Came across this which could potentially be a gem, will report back once I try it.
The Larder in Bethnal Green do a soya crepe filled with curry! They might be able to do a sweet version if that was what you were looking for..

Now the important question is, has anyone found vegan doughnuts in London?

Baldy, I would double check the ingredients on the tofu noodles at Wasabi - pretty sure it's not vegan! I used to get wasabi couple times a week when I lived there, and was sure only the tofu rice was okay (can't for the life of me remember the proper names haha!)

Do you guys know about the SSOV shop in Kings Cross? webstore here: http://www.secretsocietyofvegans.co.uk/vcross/

Used to have a bunch of diff awesome baked goods, a lot by a company called accidentally vegan, also stock some vega items.

In terms of restaurants, Saf and Manna were probably my fav. Mildreds in Soho was good too.

My fav cheap lunch option tho was the Boots meal deal - Fresh! sammich, innocent smoothie and a bag of cashews for £3.49!
lover of cuttlefish

Postby baldy » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:26 am

lover of cuttlefish wrote:Baldy, I would double check the ingredients on the tofu noodles at Wasabi - pretty sure it's not vegan! I used to get wasabi couple times a week when I lived there, and was sure only the tofu rice was okay (can't for the life of me remember the proper names haha!)

At the one I go to (Waterloo Station) they have an ingredients list on the counter Tofu Rice and Tofu Noodles are both marked as vegan. Tofu Curry is only vegetarian though.
baldy
Site Admin

Postby _Andreas_ » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:46 pm

baldy wrote:
_Andreas_ wrote:I just landed a place on a graduate scheme so will be moving back to London in September. Can't wait to be back and munch my way through London's vegan restaurants.

How about Woking?

Nah, Woking is a LOT further out than I would like to live
_Andreas_

PreviousNext

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews