The Kettlebell Thread.

Home of strength: powerlifting, olympic lifting, grip strength, strongman, odd object lifting, explosive power...

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: The Kettlebell Thread.

Postby rattus » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:26 pm

baldy wrote:Was thinking I might do some swings tonight as its sunny. Good excuse to take a video, then everyone can tell me I need to keep my back straight and bend me knees less.

Do some curls and kickbacks first to make sure you look pumped.
rattus

Postby baldy » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:55 pm

rattus wrote:
baldy wrote:Was thinking I might do some swings tonight as its sunny. Good excuse to take a video, then everyone can tell me I need to keep my back straight and bend me knees less.

Do some curls and kickbacks first to make sure you look pumped.

Forgot to do these and it looks like my pants are able to fall down. Maybe the most unsexy video ever, but that is swings for you.

Form wise they are actually better that I thought they would be, back is almost stright and knees are only tiny bit bent. Should I be bringing my shoulders further down and shooting the bell further back?
Hard to keep a big chest while holding the bell cos my arms are in the way is that normal?
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby ninearms » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:34 pm

Hips a lot further back at the bottom (think of where your hips are when the bar is just below the knees in a proper snatch), flex your lats and pull your shoulders back, stop using your arms, keep the bell closer on the way up AKA taming the arc, pull the bell back aggressively towards your nads AKA attacking the zipper.
“Begin at the beginning,” the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end. Then stop.”
ninearms
Perked Member

Postby baldy » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:31 am

ninearms wrote:Hips a lot further back at the bottom (think of where your hips are when the bar is just below the knees in a proper snatch), flex your lats and pull your shoulders back, stop using your arms, keep the bell closer on the way up AKA taming the arc, pull the bell back aggressively towards your nads AKA attacking the zipper.

Information overload, I was hoping for a simple yeah form looks perfect, work on your tan.
Can see what your saying about bum back more, was wondering if I should be trying to drive with my hips so that I come onto my toes. like I would in a snatch shrug?
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby ninearms » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:33 pm

baldy wrote:
ninearms wrote:Hips a lot further back at the bottom (think of where your hips are when the bar is just below the knees in a proper snatch), flex your lats and pull your shoulders back, stop using your arms, keep the bell closer on the way up AKA taming the arc, pull the bell back aggressively towards your nads AKA attacking the zipper.

Information overload, I was hoping for a simple yeah form looks perfect, work on your tan.
Can see what your saying about bum back more, was wondering if I should be trying to drive with my hips so that I come onto my toes. like I would in a snatch shrug?

Will show you tonight.
“Begin at the beginning,” the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end. Then stop.”
ninearms
Perked Member

Postby rattus » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:05 pm

baldy wrote:Can see what your saying about bum back more

ninearms wrote:Will show you tonight.

Say no more ...

A nod is as good as a wink to a blind bat. ;-|
rattus

Postby tuc » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:26 am

Just got an idea... I am a partner in a company which can get kettlebells straight from the manufacturer. We could get a full sortiment of kettlebells of all sizes with a vegan logo or veganfitness.net logo or something like that.

There's just one but... the minimum order is 5000kg which is for example 208 x 24kg kettlebells.

Anyway, since we source straight from the manufacturer, the price would be very affordable and they could be sold cheaper than anywhere and they could still be used to raise money for a good cause.

If you got intrested, please contact me and I'll tell more. We just sold + 10 tons of kettlebells to one customer after he got a sample so this is something we can and want to do.
tuc

Postby Talyn » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:17 pm

tuc wrote:Just got an idea... I am a partner in a company which can get kettlebells straight from the manufacturer. We could get a full sortiment of kettlebells of all sizes with a vegan logo or veganfitness.net logo or something like that.

There's just one but... the minimum order is 5000kg which is for example 208 x 24kg kettlebells.

Anyway, since we source straight from the manufacturer, the price would be very affordable and they could be sold cheaper than anywhere and they could still be used to raise money for a good cause.

If you got intrested, please contact me and I'll tell more. We just sold + 10 tons of kettlebells to one customer after he got a sample so this is something we can and want to do.

Nice idea, but strengthshop.co.uk is a vegan business and they already do cheap Kettlebells. But the again that is just for UK, so could be a prospect for people on the continent?
Talyn
User Activation Admin

Postby tuc » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:03 am

OK, we just need to get the kind of kettlebells in Strengthshop that have a large vegan logo on them. I'll contact Brian and we'll see if co-op can be made.

Or I can just do it with my friends in the US, since Strengthshop is not functioning there... yet! Also Nordic countries could be a good market.
tuc

Postby soniczip » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:36 am

tuc wrote:OK, we just need to get the kind of kettlebells in Strengthshop that have a large vegan logo on them. I'll contact Brian and we'll see if co-op can be made.

Or I can just do it with my friends in the US, since Strengthshop is not functioning there... yet! Also Nordic countries could be a good market.

have you got a rough idea about the prices and the shipping costs?

i only have 2 kbs and i spent: 24 euros for the 8kgs, 42 euros for the 14kgs.

these were among the best prices i could find in italy, and i was lucky because the company which produces them is quite close to where i live.

i'd love to have vegan kbs. providing the overall cost is acceptable, i'd get several weights, and resell the 2 i already got.
i'm focusing on some kind of stuff
soniczip

Postby kallefs » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:29 am

Minimum 24kg if there is a vegan logo on them :)
Dum di dum!
kallefs

Postby JP » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:38 am

kallefs wrote:Minimum 24kg if there is a vegan logo on them :)

haha :D
JP
Site Admin

Postby tuc » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:31 pm

soniczip wrote:have you got a rough idea about the prices and the shipping costs?

i only have 2 kbs and i spent: 24 euros for the 8kgs, 42 euros for the 14kgs.

these were among the best prices i could find in italy, and i was lucky because the company which produces them is quite close to where i live.

i'd love to have vegan kbs. providing the overall cost is acceptable, i'd get several weights, and resell the 2 i already got.

For the most luxurious and most expensive ones with very nice finish and protective pvc coating and custom color the price for end customers could be around what you paid so they would not be that expensive. If people want something without any protective coating or fancy colors and just a painted logo, then the end consumer price could be slightly lower.

We would need a national distributor for each country or a centralized German distributor since it is not cheap to ship heavy shit from Finland or the UK to the other European countries.
tuc

Postby thestoatyone » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:17 pm

Any videos demonstrating the difference between a swing with/without hip drive? Tried teaching my mate some KB stuff and he needs some inspiration I feel...
Vincit omnia pertinax virtus

My Log

muchluv wrote:When I grow up I want to be Gelert.
thestoatyone

Postby kallefs » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:21 pm

Watch and learn.
Dum di dum!
kallefs

PreviousNext

Return to Power and Strength