Competitions coming up

Home of strength: powerlifting, olympic lifting, grip strength, strongman, odd object lifting, explosive power...

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: Competitions coming up

Postby baldy » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:33 am

Just signed up for my first Olympic lifting competition on the 24th September in Woking. -> http://www.britishweightlifting.org/com ... n-calendar
Events are (surprisingly) Snatch followed by Clean and Jerk.

Had to decide if I wanted to lose weight and get graveled by all the skinny guys or enter the 105kg class and get graveled by chubby boys.
Operation max bulking for the next month, so I can at least get back to 100kg for the comp.

Goals for the comp which aren't probably that crack pipe are 70kg snatch and 100kg c&j. Maybe a little crackpipe.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
User avatar
baldy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7301
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 10:23 am
Location: St Albans UK

Re: Competitions coming up

Postby JP » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:59 am

good man!

first comp = dont even think about bodyweight IMO.
User avatar
JP
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19250
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:14 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany

Re: Competitions coming up

Postby Mellos » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:56 pm

Bring it on!
70 snatch should be easy considering your back power. C&J might only be hard to jerk/not to press out.


I myself will propably enter a weightlifting competition in october.
Will be a team comp.

Also there is the German RAW Squat Championships in september with Euphoric, maybe a strongman competition in the same month, RAW Cup and German Championship in deadlifting in november and december, if I can find a new club that is a member of the IPF and then a special surprise in november that will only be revealed, if I do not fail miserably :lol:
Current PBs:
195 kg SQ, 130 kg Bench, 245 kg DL, 200 kg SQ w/ wraps

Long Term Goals:
@ 75 kg: SQ - 252,5 kg, SQ w/ Wraps - 267,5 kg, DL - 307,5 kg, Total (w/ and w/o Wraps) - 710
@ 82,5 kg: SQ - 275 kg, SQ w/ Wraps - 277,5 kg, Total (w/ and w/o Wraps) - 772,5 kg

Team Insanity - The Laws of Physics are Merely a Suggestion
User avatar
Mellos
Active Member
 
Posts: 1575
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:50 am
Location: Münster, Germany

Re: Competitions coming up

Postby Mellos » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:25 am

Mellos wrote:and then a special surprise in november that will only be revealed, if I do not fail miserably :lol:

Ah whatever, first IRP European Powerlifting Championship: In!
3 comps on 2 days, each one for a seperate lift (that´s how they do it for whatever reason).
Only 3 weeks out and I am down with the flu.

Let´s see, if I can get a pb on that day.
Current PBs:
195 kg SQ, 130 kg Bench, 245 kg DL, 200 kg SQ w/ wraps

Long Term Goals:
@ 75 kg: SQ - 252,5 kg, SQ w/ Wraps - 267,5 kg, DL - 307,5 kg, Total (w/ and w/o Wraps) - 710
@ 82,5 kg: SQ - 275 kg, SQ w/ Wraps - 277,5 kg, Total (w/ and w/o Wraps) - 772,5 kg

Team Insanity - The Laws of Physics are Merely a Suggestion
User avatar
Mellos
Active Member
 
Posts: 1575
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:50 am
Location: Münster, Germany

Re: Competitions coming up

Postby JP » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:31 pm

hey whats that comp? Is it a Yet Another Powerlifting Federation?

regardless, good luck mate!
User avatar
JP
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19250
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:14 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany

Re: Competitions coming up

Postby hardcore iv » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:11 pm

I'll be competing in this next Tuesday along with the rarely posting fenrir.
http://www.armwrestlingaustralia.com/newspost/2011-australian-armwrestling-championships/
There are going to be some serious beasts competing. Luckily not all of them will be in my weight division and I'll be able to leave the table with my shoulders and elbows intact.
"When you are born, you are set forth to die. The fact that you live or don't live between these two dates depends solely upon your own will, opportunities and desires. The weight exerciser, of course, indicates that he chooses to live." Joseph Curtis Hise
User avatar
hardcore iv
Active Member
 
Posts: 1727
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:36 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Competitions coming up

Postby Mellos » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:34 pm

JP wrote:hey whats that comp? Is it a Yet Another Powerlifting Federation?

regardless, good luck mate!

Thanks mate :)
The IRP seems to be pretty new.
Dunno exactly where it came from but the German part of it is called GRAWA and was the first federation to have RAW comps in Germany.

Major disadvantages:
Only 4 weight categories, no sub-junior (which doesn´t bother me anymore), not even close to strict rules (main organizer = commentator = only judge), no drug testing and only single lift events but this is the most prestigious event I have heard of so far, so I´m happy to be part of it.
Current PBs:
195 kg SQ, 130 kg Bench, 245 kg DL, 200 kg SQ w/ wraps

Long Term Goals:
@ 75 kg: SQ - 252,5 kg, SQ w/ Wraps - 267,5 kg, DL - 307,5 kg, Total (w/ and w/o Wraps) - 710
@ 82,5 kg: SQ - 275 kg, SQ w/ Wraps - 277,5 kg, Total (w/ and w/o Wraps) - 772,5 kg

Team Insanity - The Laws of Physics are Merely a Suggestion
User avatar
Mellos
Active Member
 
Posts: 1575
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:50 am
Location: Münster, Germany

Re: Competitions coming up

Postby bronco » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:12 pm

hardcore iv wrote:I'll be competing in this next Tuesday along with the rarely posting fenrir.
http://www.armwrestlingaustralia.com/newspost/2011-australian-armwrestling-championships/
There are going to be some serious beasts competing. Luckily not all of them will be in my weight division and I'll be able to leave the table with my shoulders and elbows intact.

Good luck for both of you :) .

Mellos wrote:Major disadvantages:
Only 4 weight categories, no sub-junior (which doesn´t bother me anymore), not even close to strict rules (main organizer = commentator = only judge), no drug testing and only single lift events but this is the most prestigious event I have heard of so far, so I´m happy to be part of it.

Good luck for the comp :) .

I have a comp on saturday, 2nd out of 3 bouts for the 3rd place in the league. Not sure how good my shape is, felt good last week but this week been tired all the time. Should be ok on saturday though :D .
JP wrote:Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
User avatar
bronco
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9033
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:25 am
Location: Vienna, Austria

Re: Competitions coming up

Postby thestoatyone » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:50 pm

BDFPA west mids quali on the 6th of Nov. Have singlet (Needs more belly to fill it) from Buzz. Am ready, let do this!
Vincit omnia pertinax virtus

My Log

muchluv wrote:When I grow up I want to be Gelert.
User avatar
thestoatyone
Active Member
 
Posts: 3437
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:39 pm
Location: West Midlands; UK

Re: Competitions coming up

Postby JP » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:48 am

i have no comps coming up.

I repeat, i have no comps coming up.

(weird situation)
User avatar
JP
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19250
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:14 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany

Re: Competitions coming up

Postby bronco » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:58 pm

thestoatyone wrote:BDFPA west mids quali on the 6th of Nov. Have singlet (Needs more belly to fill it) from Buzz. Am ready, let do this!

I wish you good luck :D !

JP wrote:i have no comps coming up.

I repeat, i have no comps coming up.

Good luck with training then :D !
JP wrote:Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
User avatar
bronco
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9033
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:25 am
Location: Vienna, Austria

Re: Competitions coming up

Postby ninearms » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:43 pm

London & South East Championships 26th November. Should be a good one.
“Begin at the beginning,” the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end. Then stop.”
User avatar
ninearms
Perked Member
 
Posts: 6044
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: Leicester, UK

Re: Competitions coming up

Postby baldy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:06 am

ninearms wrote:London & South East Championships 26th November. Should be a good one.

I am also doing this one, bigger field = more KY will be needed.
Plan is for my total to be larger than the winners clean and jerk :), would also be nice if I could weight in over 100kg.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
User avatar
baldy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7301
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 10:23 am
Location: St Albans UK

Re: Competitions coming up

Postby bronco » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:20 pm

baldy wrote:
ninearms wrote:London & South East Championships 26th November. Should be a good one.

I am also doing this one, bigger field = more KY will be needed.
Plan is for my total to be larger than the winners clean and jerk :), would also be nice if I could weight in over 100kg.

Good luck for both of you :) . If I am not mistaken I am competing in the Vienna championships on the same day. Before that I have the last team comp for the season on the 19th.
JP wrote:Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
User avatar
bronco
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9033
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:25 am
Location: Vienna, Austria

Re: Competitions coming up

Postby Mellos » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:31 pm

Mellos wrote:
Mellos wrote:and then a special surprise in november that will only be revealed, if I do not fail miserably :lol:

Ah whatever, first IRP European Powerlifting Championship: In!
3 comps on 2 days, each one for a seperate lift (that´s how they do it for whatever reason).
Only 3 weeks out and I am down with the flu.

Let´s see, if I can get a pb on that day.


Benchpress paused 95 kg PB 1st place.
Squat 155 kg 1st place.
Deadlift 200 kg PB 3rd place.

Won 2 out of 3 due to lack of competitors.
The PBs count anyway. The squat was deep!
Next year the world´s will take place in Berlin. I hope you´ll all participate to create some more competition and some more vegan champions ;)
Current PBs:
195 kg SQ, 130 kg Bench, 245 kg DL, 200 kg SQ w/ wraps

Long Term Goals:
@ 75 kg: SQ - 252,5 kg, SQ w/ Wraps - 267,5 kg, DL - 307,5 kg, Total (w/ and w/o Wraps) - 710
@ 82,5 kg: SQ - 275 kg, SQ w/ Wraps - 277,5 kg, Total (w/ and w/o Wraps) - 772,5 kg

Team Insanity - The Laws of Physics are Merely a Suggestion
User avatar
Mellos
Active Member
 
Posts: 1575
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:50 am
Location: Münster, Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Power and Strength

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests