Thermogenic Fat Burners?

New vegan products out there? Queries about products, ingredients, vegan supplements?

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Thermogenic Fat Burners?

Postby Kaneda » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:52 pm

Can anyone recommend a Thermogenic Fat Burner?
Or have any other tips for cutting my fat levels quickly?
Kaneda

Re: Thermogenic Fat Burners?

Postby thestoatyone » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:49 am

Hill sprints.
Vincit omnia pertinax virtus

My Log

muchluv wrote:When I grow up I want to be Gelert.
thestoatyone

Postby Kaneda » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:01 am

the exercise? Or is there a product called hill sprints? :)
Kaneda

Postby soniczip » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:06 am

i'd go for exercises!

how much fat do you want to lose? in how many days/weeks/months?

do you cycle, run or do any other cardio activity? would you like to?

how do you consider your diet? positive, negative?
i'm focusing on some kind of stuff
soniczip

Postby JP » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:16 am

weights - increased muscle mass increase your base metabolic rate and good for burning fat :)

but also, if anyone knows any thermogenic fat burners that are vegan, no harm sharing the information, and leave the choice to others.

i can start with caffeine tablets, like pro plus.

or eph powders, dont know which brand capsules would be vegan.

I would be careful with these though, life can get quite uncomfortable with loss of sleep and continued elevated metabolic rate/heart rate etc!
JP
Site Admin

Postby ninearms » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:27 am

Skip breakfast (except black coffee or tea). No food until 1pm. Eat as you normally would for the rest of the day. Eat your biggest meal after training. Easy.
“Begin at the beginning,” the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end. Then stop.”
ninearms
Perked Member

Postby Talyn » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:08 am

I picked up some ephedrine when I was in the states, and I was taking it for a few weeks. It's an amazing appetite supressant, but it made me twitchy as hell and not sleep, so I stopped. YMMV.

Echo ninearms on the skip breakfast. IF = Win.

Other than that, eat less but don't cut down protein intake. Lift weights always. Cardio sometimes.
Talyn
User Activation Admin

Postby soniczip » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:18 am

ninearms wrote:Skip breakfast (except black coffee or tea). No food until 1pm. Eat as you normally would for the rest of the day. Eat your biggest meal after training. Easy.

i understand the biggest meal after training, but why skipping breakfast? some fruits wouldn't hurt for example. what do you think?
soniczip

Postby ninearms » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:46 am

soniczip wrote:
ninearms wrote:Skip breakfast (except black coffee or tea). No food until 1pm. Eat as you normally would for the rest of the day. Eat your biggest meal after training. Easy.

i understand the biggest meal after training, but why skipping breakfast? some fruits wouldn't hurt for example. what do you think?

Breakfast is skipped because the most effective way to shed fat is through diet (i.e. calorie restriction), and removing 300-500 kcals from the diet is much easier and more sustainable if you just remove a meal rather than try to do it throughout the day. There are other reasons too, but compliance is probably the biggest.
“Begin at the beginning,” the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end. Then stop.”
ninearms
Perked Member

Postby soniczip » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:56 am

ninearms wrote:
soniczip wrote:

Breakfast is skipped because the most effective way to shed fat is through diet (i.e. calorie restriction), and removing 300-500 kcals from the diet is much easier and more sustainable if you just remove a meal rather than try to do it throughout the day. There are other reasons too, but compliance is probably the biggest.

i see what you mean. compliance is definitely the biggest issue. my experience, losing about 5kgs in 6 months, has been a bit different: good breakfast based on fruits and carbs, no sport during the morning, a lot of fruits and nuts at lunch, sport in the afternoon, a big dinner from different sources (carbs, proteins, etc.).
soniczip

Postby Kaneda » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:54 pm

My current regime is:
bran flakes with Kara coconut milk for breakfast
Vegan ribz made from wheat gluten (for protein) + Steamed broccoli and brown rice for main meals.

I'm self employed and spend most of every day cycling round my neighborhood delivering catalogues. In the evening I try to do as many reps of something as I can. I'm currently trying to hit a different muscle group each night, so for example I did push ups on tuesday, situps wednesday etc..

I also go out dancing to ska at nights when there is somewhere to go.

I'm losing weight at a decent rate, I just want to accelerate it a bit and the current diet is leaving me a bit low on energy (because I've cut out all the fat and sugar I guess) and apparently the thermogenic stuff gives you more energy.

I used to weigh 120Kg, in the last 2 1/2 years I've dropped to 86 and I just want to push that last bit to reveal my abs. That's my goal.
Kaneda

Postby JP » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:57 pm

dude thats a huge drop!

You should be the one giving out advice :D
JP
Site Admin

Postby Kaneda » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:07 pm

Lol, I know. I still can't pass a mirror without wondering who the hell I'm looking at ;)
Kaneda

Postby soniczip » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:20 pm

JP wrote:dude thats a huge drop!

You should be the one giving out advice :D

i second that. it looks you are on the right path ... the last kgs are the most difficult to get rid of.
soniczip

Postby thestoatyone » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:00 pm

Nice progress!

Maybe try something different for a workout? Kettlebells are pretty good and challenging...
Vincit omnia pertinax virtus

My Log

muchluv wrote:When I grow up I want to be Gelert.
thestoatyone

Next

Return to Vegan Products and Supplements