Travel and transport (not just from the uk)

Discussion forum for Vegan Fitness Week 2011, to be held in Austria.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Travel and transport (not just from the uk)

Postby erske » Mon May 30, 2011 6:39 pm

Haven't been on here for a while, and just realized I've got no Idea how to get to the place from the airport (I got spoiled by Speciell- and kallef-Travel last year). Can we arange cars who pick people up, or is there eazy to find trains or busses? Anyone ells arriving at the same time as me?

I'm arriving to Wiena airport 10:55 on Friday. And leaving, one day early ( :( ), on Wednesday from Wiena airport at 11:15..

Anyway, looking forward to it!
Something irrelevant about cavemen
erske

Re: Travel and transport (not just from the uk)

Postby Giulia » Mon May 30, 2011 7:41 pm

I mailed the VFW information to everyone who registered.... well, here it is:

Vegan Fitness Week 2011

Date: Friday, 1. July - Thursday, 7.July

Street: Martinsgasse 9

Accomodation: Camping (outdoor on a big soccer field or indoor sleeping on the floor in the room). Youth hostel spots (will cost about 100 euro in additional) - just in case their are any left > please contact Julia for this.
Please bring your own tent, sleeping bag, etc. or find someone to share a tent
There will be a dining room for the meals as well as toilets and showers.
For those who stay in the hostel: sheets will be provided. Please bring slippers, because you are not allowed to walk into the hostel with shoes you use on the streets.

Activities: Weightlifting, running, mountain hiking, rock climbing, all kinds of team sports (soccer, basketball, volleyball), track and field (highjump, shotput, 60m sprints...), gymnastics (, trampolin, high bar, vault, balance beam, floor, parallel bars, rings), aerobic, boxing, ...
We rent two gym halls from monday to thursday and have a big soccer field at the camp site.

To bring with you: climbing gear, slacklines, skates, bikes, bathing suits, hiking shoes, kettlebells,...

Food: Vegan, mostly organic cuisine by Carin including breakfast, lunch and dinner, starting with dinner on friday and last meal together will be lunch on thursday

Participation fee: 130 euro per person per week including food and camping, mail to vfw2011@gmail.com to get the bank data to make your deposit

Arrival:
Arrival day is Friday, 1.July, we start the VFW with dinner
VFW will last until Thursday, 7. July, we will share lunch together, clean up the camp and leave in the afternoon.

Arrival to Wr. Neustadt:
by plane: arrive at Vienna International Airport in Schwechat, take the City Airport Train (CAT)
to Wien Landstraße (single ticket for an adult 8 euro), from Wien Landstraße you can take a train to Wr. Neustadt (if you take an Intercity or Eurocity it takes about half an hour to get to Wr. Neustadt, if you take the regional trains (Schnellbahn) it takes mostly one hour). Price for the train is 7,20. From the train station in Wr. Neustadt to Martinsgasse 9 it is 2km walk. (If you have a lot of luggage Felix and I can also get you by car from the trainstation.) If you walk, turn left when you step out the trainstation main building, walk until you can turn right into Kollonitschgasse, follow this street until the next big crossroads, then turn left into Babenbergerring, follow this street for about 1km until you can turn left into Martinsgasse. (if you need a map, help yourself with google maps or contact me)

by train from Vienna:
you can take a train to Wr. Neustadt from Wien Meidling (if you take an Intercity or Eurocity it takes about half an hour to get to Wr. Neustadt, if you take the regional trains (Schnellbahn) it takes mostly one hour). Price for the train is 7,20. From the train station in Wr. Neustadt to Martinsgasse 9 it is 2km walk. (If you have a lot of luggage Felix and I can also get you by car from the trainstation.) If you walk turn left when you step out the trainstation main building, walk until you can turn right into Kollonitschgasse, follow this street until the next big crossroads, then turn left into Babenbergerring, follow this street for about 1km until you can turn left into Martinsgasse. Important: If you arrive by train, get off at Wr. Neustadt Hauptbahnhof! There are more train stations in Wr. Neustadt, pick the right one! (again, if you need a map, help yourself with google maps or contact me)

by car:

at Südautobahn (A2) take exit "Wr. Neustadt West" , when you leave the ramp turn right, follow the street for about 1km, keep going straight ahead,
you pass the sign "Wr. Neustadt", cross the roundabout in the same direction, turn left into Maria-Theresien-Ring, then turn right into
Ferdinand-Porsche-Ring, go straight into Babenberger-Ring, turn left into Martinsgasse, nr. 9.

Contact/Help with arrival/Questions:
Julia Renner
mobile> ask me with PM or email (I don't want my phone number appear on the internet)
or vfw2011@gmail.com

Looking forward to meet you at the Vegan Fitness Week 2011!
Julia
Giulia

Postby erske » Tue May 31, 2011 6:58 pm

Giulia wrote:I mailed the VFW information to everyone who registered.... well, here it is:

:oops: My bad, just focused on the "time to pay up"-part and forgot about the rest 3/4 of the mail! But super! now I'm set! :D

But anyone arriving around the same time as I?
Something irrelevant about cavemen
erske

Postby soniczip » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am

i think i'm going to travel by night to avoid the heat. maybe i could pick up someone early in the morning when in austria. i should pass by klagenfurt. if i leave my town at 8pm on thursday, i should be in wr. neustadt aproximately by 8am on friday. is anybody going to have breakfast with me? :D giulia?
i'm focusing on some kind of stuff
soniczip

Postby Rochellita » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:50 am

If you are coming by Vienna itself my friend and I will be there that early on Friday (staying over on Thursdsay) and could meet up?
Rochellita
Site Admin

Postby soniczip » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:54 am

i'm actually coming from the opposite direction. the camp is between the italian border and vienna, even though closer to vienna :D thanks anyway!
soniczip

Postby bronco » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:36 pm

Is anyone going from vienna to VFW friday evening? I have to make the trip to wiener neustadt twice, and wouldnt mind some company for the second trip. I would go by train unless someone offers me some other means of transportation.
JP wrote:Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
bronco
Site Admin

Postby soniczip » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:14 pm

bronco wrote:Is anyone going from vienna to VFW friday evening? I have to make the trip to wiener neustadt twice, and wouldnt mind some company for the second trip. I would go by train unless someone offers me some other means of transportation.

i'm going to be in wiener neustadt early in the morning. i guess you could either get my car or i could go with you from wiener neustadt to vienna and back. the oly things is that i won't be in mint condition after 10 hours drive by night from italy.
soniczip

Postby Euphoric » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:08 am

bronco wrote:Is anyone going from vienna to VFW friday evening? I have to make the trip to wiener neustadt twice, and wouldnt mind some company for the second trip. I would go by train unless someone offers me some other means of transportation.

I can join you (if it's not going to be that late). Do you have room for my bags on the first trip? ;)
Bad guys don't count carbs
-Captain Awesome-
Euphoric

Postby offense74 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:02 am

I'm arriving at the airport at 16.30 and would like some company too :D
Do you want me to take the train to Vienna from the airport or is it on the way?

"The surest way to happiness is low expectations."
offense74

Postby soniczip » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:46 pm

i'm leaving my place in less than two hours. see you in austria :D
soniczip

Postby baldy » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:52 pm

soniczip wrote:i'm leaving my place in less than two hours. see you in austria :D

One more big sleep for me! See you guys tomorrow.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Return to Vegan Fitness Week 2011 Austria