Marathon RR

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Marathon RR

Postby KjKranz » Mon May 23, 2011 2:50 am

Here's my race report from my marathon last weekend, thought a few of you would like to check it out :)

http://www.runningonthewhiteline.com/2011/05/brookings-marathon-2011-race-report.html
KjKranz

Re: Marathon RR

Postby Konstantin » Mon May 23, 2011 8:27 am

You sound quite hard on yourself, yet that was a good time and position, and marathons alwyas present plenty of opportunities for problems to be presented to your body.

Well done and thanks for posting. You have a lot more hair than on your avatar!
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
Konstantin

Postby skoptic » Tue May 24, 2011 3:38 pm

Sorry to hear that you reckon it wasn't a good race, but like you say all DNFs & 'bad' races give you positives in the long run.

I've seen a few friends miss their marathon goals recently (from 2:38 runners to 4hr runners) ... and realise how much expectation is heaped on an event which is quite long and usually requires everything going to plan over 26 miles to achieve your goal time. Hope you enjoy your training and the next one goes OK. (I think I prefer ultras because often you can focus on the goal of finishing rather than, like you say, "sprinting for 3 hours" :))
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby KjKranz » Sun May 29, 2011 10:51 pm

My girlfriend made a similar comment Skoptic. You always plan your pace for everything to go perfectly right, never for anything to go wrong. It's an interesting thought. I may do another one after my 8 hour race in August, we'll see how recovery goes after that!
KjKranz

Return to Vegan Runners