Competition reports

Styles, training, conditioning, equipment - everything related to Martial Arts.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: Competition reports

Postby Heinrich » Thu May 19, 2011 8:21 pm

Great report!
Do you have plans to come to the vfw? Sounds like you would be ace to teach some grappling.
Heinrich

Postby noz » Sun May 22, 2011 6:01 pm

I'm not attending vfw but would be cool to teach a lesson or two sometimes :)

I'm happy to share my greatest achievement this far: yesterday I won bronze in ADCC European championships! For those who don't know ADCC is a submission wrestling organisation.

In my first match I started a bit slowly and couldn't finish a takedown. My opponent made a shoot and I sprawld. I tried a guillotine choke and armbar but didn't finish the fight. Finally I got a toe hold and my opponent tapped.

In seconf fight I was too afraid of my opponent and as a strong and skilled girls she took me down quickly, took my back and finished me with a rnc.

Only 15 minutes later I had the bronze medal fight. I was focused and managed to take my opponent down. She played guar very well and I had to fight my best to stay out of submissions. I passed her guar, got the points and started playing a defensive game. She tried to take my back but I survived that and became a bronze medalist in The European Championships.

Although the semifinal was horrible performance from me I'm extremely happy that I got my act together and won the last fight!
noz

Postby hannibal » Mon May 23, 2011 10:55 am

noz wrote:Only 15 minutes later I had the bronze medal fight. I was focused and managed to take my opponent down. She played guar very well and I had to fight my best to stay out of submissions. I passed her guar, got the points and started playing a defensive game. She tried to take my back but I survived that and became a bronze medalist in The European Championships.

brilliant result, well done!
hannibal

Postby Rochellita » Mon May 23, 2011 11:01 am

Well done!
Rochellita
Site Admin

Postby noz » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:37 pm

Competed in the World Championships of brazilian jiu-jistu last weekend. I didn't get any medals but all and all it was a good tournament for me.

In my own category lightweigh blue belt women I was in the places 5-8 so it was pretty close to become a succes. I won my first match 7-2. My opponent was a good standup player and she managed to take me down. I swep her quickly from half guard, passed her guard and finally took her back.

In the second fight I tried to take my opponent down but was sloppy and ended in halfguard. Again I managed to do a quick sweep and ended up takin the back. I had rnc pretty tight but I couldn't finsih the fight. In the en it was 6-0 for me.

In the quarter final my opponent pulled guard and I spent two minutes trying to pass. She moved really well and finally she closed her guard and got a triangel. I had my hand around her leg but I just couldn't get my head free. I tried to choke her from the tringel but I ran out time. In the situation 0-0 I lost with one advantage.

In the open weight class I had only one match. I met a girl from he heavy weight category. She was way taller than me so I pulled guard. She played very well on top and the only place I felt safe was in deep half. Igave everything I had to get her swept but this time it wasn't enough. In situation 0-0 I lost with 3 advantages. But at least I made my opponent very frustrated and pissed off with my persistance :D

Great tournamnet and quite good performance. Next year it'll be a medal for me ;)
noz

Postby JP » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:06 am

awesome stuff :D

bet you had great time!
JP
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Martial Arts