Things....

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: Slowly, slowly catchy monkey....

Postby skoptic » Tue May 03, 2011 3:39 pm

Konstantin wrote:Sounds good - especially the bit about logging more regular. At least you're getting some regular mileage in which is of course the bottom line.

I would like to caution you agains monkey capture though.

Heh - cheers man :-) This is the only vegan community I have, so I've been missing it. But I feel I need to be clear that I am only training so I can catch monkeys.... is that frowned upon? ;-)
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby skoptic » Tue May 03, 2011 9:57 pm

Good run tonight with my club down at the track. 2 x 800m - 8 x 200m - 2 x 800m. First track session for AGES... and it felt good. I had the added work during the interval breaks of setting up my camera to take some photos and videos of us all at the track. I look after our club website, so thought I'd do some track session PR :-)
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby Mr. Cleetus » Tue May 03, 2011 10:05 pm

Good to see you back.

Are you managing to get any riding in?
Mr. Cleetus

Postby skoptic » Thu May 05, 2011 9:22 pm

Hey Mr C.. I see you're getting your winter running back on :-) I must admit, no riding yet except when I'm doing tri coaching with our Juniors (which is slack - I've just move to a lovely riding area). I think I'll get out soon, but as my first love is running - I'm enjoying that every day at the moment :-)

Wed - Late back from work so just a quick 4 (hilly!) miles trying out a new route .. very nice :-)
Thurs - Back even later, and the family round so left then for a quick 3 miles, but then did quite a bit of weights while they ate.
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby skoptic » Tue May 10, 2011 12:19 am

Fri - A nice 5 miles through the woods.. hilly though
Sat & Sun - coaching juniors & helped organise a 10k.. no training
Mon - 4.5 miles (went late) through woods again.. then a good weights session
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby skoptic » Fri May 13, 2011 12:47 am

Tue - nice run through the woods with club - think 6.5 miles, shorter because it was a tea night. I ran with my fiancee's flip video recorder, and the steady run turned it into an interval session, constantly sprinting ahead to take some clips of the group running to do a bit of PR for the club runs :-)

Wed - Day off

Thurs - 5 miles - a new loop through local fields.. bought a Garmin 310 too, but it arrived after my run.... just charging it now :-)
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby skoptic » Fri May 13, 2011 11:27 pm

Fri - first run with my new Garmin 310 :-) Nice - so I tried another new route near mine... added the map and set off for a lovely sunny run, with a nice map line to follow if I got stuck, and a virtual partner to tell me that I was slower on the hills (thanks!). Great piece of kit.. great run ... and now it's the weekend. :-)
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby Mr. Cleetus » Fri May 13, 2011 11:38 pm

skoptic wrote:Fri - first run with my new Garmin 310 :-) Nice - so I tried another new route near mine... added the map and set off for a lovely sunny run, with a nice map line to follow if I got stuck, and a virtual partner to tell me that I was slower on the hills (thanks!). Great piece of kit.. great run ... and now it's the weekend. :-)

hah, those @#%#@% little virtual partners rarely bring good news it seems. Despite that, I'm really enjoying mine too, but I think I've only figured out how to use the basic in the 18months I've had it :P
Mr. Cleetus

Postby skoptic » Sat May 14, 2011 1:08 pm

Mr. Cleetus wrote:hah, those @#%#@% little virtual partners rarely bring good news it seems. Despite that, I'm really enjoying mine too, but I think I've only figured out how to use the basic in the 18months I've had it :P

I know - but you've got to play with a new toy, eh? :) Today I took a new route again ... following a course I'd mapped and transferred, managed to get a little lost a couple of times when taking the wrong path for 50m until it told me "off route!" .. but by then my bastard virtual partner (who didn't have the same geographical issues, obviously) .. was down the right path .. off and away! I think it'll be more useful to follow myself on previous version of a run if I can do that - or on roads where the pace is more likely to be steady.

I love the fact that I can explore new routes and not get lost.. I would have been out for a lot longer today if it hadn't corrected me those 2 times!

Sat - 6 miles... another new route... sunny. I'm very happy to be getting back into daily running .. now I know I should be on the bike too....
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby skoptic » Tue May 17, 2011 8:45 am

Sun - out all day getting my drunk on...
Mon - Quick 4 .5 miler, new route and the Garmin saved me again. Had to dismantle a blocked off footpath gate which some pesky owner obviously wants to 'decommission'. I'll run there soon to check it hasn't been blocked off again. Some of these paths are not well used... totally overgrown so I'm nursing some heavily stung legs today!
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby skoptic » Tue May 17, 2011 10:14 pm

Tue - 8 miles with the club tonight. Officially the farthest I have run this year! The monkey is in sight now.....
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby Konstantin » Wed May 18, 2011 8:13 am

skoptic wrote:Tue - 8 miles with the club tonight. Officially the farthest I have run this year!

:shock:

Is this the first Garmin/equivalent you've owned?
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
Konstantin

Postby skoptic » Thu May 19, 2011 9:32 pm

Hey Konstantin :-)

Heh... yeah it's been a slow start to the year, but I'll make up for it :-) No I've been using a Polar for the last 6 years (with footpod) ... last year got given a Edge 705 for my bike, and I like the mapping so thought I'd treat myself to the Garmin. Happy days!

Thurs - Got home late from work so a short 4 miles just before the sun went down ....
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby IronGirl » Sun May 22, 2011 8:35 am

Hey Skoptic good to see you back.
Are there many monkeys in St Albans?
None in Herefordshire, but plenty of Lions, Tigers and Bears in the woods. Oh My!!
IronGirl

Postby skoptic » Sun May 22, 2011 9:14 pm

IronGirl wrote:Hey Skoptic good to see you back.
Are there many monkeys in St Albans?
None in Herefordshire, but plenty of Lions, Tigers and Bears in the woods. Oh My!!

Hey Irongirl :-) Thanks .. nice to be back, I promise to come by everyone else's logs soon.. but being busy. Well strangely (and sadly) I've just moved quite close to Whipsnade Zoo, so there probably are monkeys nearby :-(. If I catch them, I'll be releasing them.

Fri.. Fri .. the day of DIY
Sat - Got a lovely 6 miler in just before I went out to a BBQ (like run finish to car leaving in 5 mins!) ... Sooo Sunny :-)
Sun - A good day of DIY ... no run but saw some folks and got some wedding stuff planned.
skoptic
Facebook Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs