What are you doing for May Day this year?

Forum to discuss and advertise vegan, animal, human, environmental and other vegan related events and campaigns.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

What are you doing for May Day this year?

Postby Hiking Fox » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:18 pm

I have a busy weekend lined up!

On Saturday I'm going to support a group of allotment campaigners in Ashton-Under-Lyne on the edge of Manchester, who have got so sick of waiting for their promised plots to be handed over that they've acted in the style of Gerrard Winstanley by moving onto the site and clearing it. It will be the first outing for my new project, Cakes For Caring Communities; I'll have home-baked vegan cakes to sell to raise money to print the first issue of a new free local news zine.

On Sunday I'll be getting together with the local Guerilla Gardening group to clear a town centre plot next to a shop that is currently overgrown and covered in litter. We'll be planting carrots, salad veg and other crops for community use.

A local pub is putting on an event in the evening with bands and vaguely left-wing stalls, so I'll go along and support that, do a stall for our allotment group and shift any leftover cake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guerrilla_gardening#International_Sunflower_Guerrilla_Gardening_Day_1_May

There's all the usual Trade Union stuff happening: http://www.tuc.org.uk/union/tuc-19518-f0.cfm
Hiking Fox

Re: What are you doing for May Day this year?

Postby soniczip » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:39 pm

morning: studying
afternoon: studying
evening: studying
i'm focusing on some kind of stuff
soniczip

Re: What are you doing for May Day this year?

Postby Big Good Wolf » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:02 pm

Worcestershire's fastest veteran vegan mountain bike endurance racer with a beard.
Angry Middle Aged Man
Big Good Wolf

Location: The banks of the River Severn as it meanders through the sun dappled leafy glades of Worcestershire

Return to Vegan activism and events