Plantar Fascitis: any tips for taking care of this?

For injury and health related discussion and support only. Please note that this is not a substitute for seeing a health care professional.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Plantar Fascitis: any tips for taking care of this?

Postby Marcel » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:09 pm

Looks like this is what I'm burdened with for the foreseeable future (as I have been for the last many months).

Unfortunately, no Japanese doctors/orthopaedic surgeons (I've seen 3 different ones multiple times) seem to have any advice on how to maintenance this kind of injury. I'm as flabbergasted as anyone reading this by this fact, but there it is. Thus far I've been icing this
thing just about every night.

Any additional information would be appreciated from this with experience or those otherwise in the know.

Much obliged to any and all posters.

Cheers.
Canadian chilling out in Japan for a couple of years.
Marcel

Re: Plantar Fascitis: any tips for taking care of this?

Postby beforewisdom » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:27 pm

I had a bad case for a few years and got over it. So did other people here. Drop "Plantar Fascitis" into the search engine at the top of the forum, you will find many tips. Sorry, about not feeling like typing it all up again. There a light at the end of the tunnel. Good Luck.

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)
beforewisdom

Postby Marcel » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:39 pm

Thanks for suggesting this. Until now I've completely overlooked the search function on this site.
Canadian chilling out in Japan for a couple of years.
Marcel

Postby beforewisdom » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:04 pm

Understandable, most sites don't have that much useful info. VF has plenty. Lot of good stuff about PF, soy and a few other things.

beforewisdom

Postby Big Foot Marty » Tue May 22, 2012 2:25 am

Are you Vegan-

years ago- ( pre vegan) I had PF and after removing dairy the pain left.

The casein in dairy caused/excited inflammation...

If so- how about Gluten?

and finallly how much- tomatoes/potatoes/peppers/eggplant (nightshades) do you eat ? Alkaloids in these can be bothersome to toxic for humans
Former football player now a runner and new Vegan. Run several marathons and other races now trying to learn how to eat and thrive on Vegan diet. And run successfully for Fun... Blogs - http://veggierunnereating.blogspot.com/
Big Foot Marty

Postby beforewisdom » Mon May 28, 2012 4:59 pm

Hi Big Foot Marty.

Yes, when I had plantar fascitus I was a vegetarian for about 30 years and vegan for about 15. I got my first noticeable relief from it when I started taking about large doses of DHA ( makes sense, it is an antinflammatory ). It went away after I lost about 48 lbs of excess weight. That makes sense too as in the reading I did on the subject said that the people who got it the most were either runners or overweight people.

I haven't had a problem with PF for years. I eat scads of gluten and nightshades.

beforewisdom

Postby ColleenE » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:27 pm

Plantar has so little to do with whether you have gluten in your diet! If you were just sitting around all day eating gluten you would not get it. I've had this many times. Ice your foot in a bucket of icewater after running, roll your foot on a frozen can of beans, and try to avoid curved surfaces and uneven surfaces for a while and if you can, cross train with modalities that don't force you to flex your foot constantly.
ColleenE

Return to Injury Prevention and Support Forum