Viofast - fake cheesse

New vegan products out there? Queries about products, ingredients, vegan supplements?

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Viofast - fake cheesse

Postby xbojanx » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:12 pm

http://www.viotros.gr/default.asp?pid=9&la=2&ct=4

100% dairy free
100% Vegan
Lactose free
Does not contain allergens

Viofast original is produced exclusively of vegetable ingredients. It is a product that is 100% dairy free. It is suitable for vegans and vegetarians, and generally for all individuals that have eliminated meat dairy products and other animal origin products from their diet. Health reasons such as lactose intolerance, and religious reasons, such as periods of fasting, make Viofast original a common product that is essential on a daily basis to thousands of people because of its significant nutritional value.

Something more than ink.... On a page, on a shirt, on the back of my hand.
xbojanx

Re: Viofast - fake cheesse

Postby ProteinVegan » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:17 am

I've heard about this vegetable cheese. Where Can I Get It? Can I get It Online? :roll:
ProteinVegan

Postby hardcore iv » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:38 am

Do they list the actual ingredients anywhere on theri website? I couldn't find it. This looks like the real deal unlike those liars at kolios.
"When you are born, you are set forth to die. The fact that you live or don't live between these two dates depends solely upon your own will, opportunities and desires. The weight exerciser, of course, indicates that he chooses to live." Joseph Curtis Hise
hardcore iv

Postby xbojanx » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:05 pm

This company is from Greece, so these are probably easy to find in South East Europe, but I heard people from Sweden and Australia talk about it...

Anyway, I have tried three of those, plain one, smoked and the one with the olives. They're pretty decent, especially one with the olives, as I could stand to eat it alone. other two are pretty good melted. Regarding the ingredients, there is no casein or derivations, just a bunch of modified starches :roll: , so not that this is necessary in your everyday diet :) In my 15 years, I have tried these fake cheese just like a couple of times, otherwise, if they were available here, probably wouldn't pay much attention
xbojanx

Postby Linnéa76 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:50 pm

Bojan, have you been able to get it confirmed that they don't use caseine? I mailed them but
haven't gotten any answer. I'm asking because in other cases, even though milk derivatives were used
in the process of making the cheese it wasn't listed as an ingredient.
-Talk is cheap-
Linnéa76

Postby xbojanx » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:02 am

Well, I have read the labels on packages of these three flavors. Since previous so called "plant" cheeses from this company regularly stated casein or calcium-caseinat or something like that, I figure out that this one is the real deal. And for the first time, they advertise it as a 100% plant based. Will try to remove label in Serbian to take a photo of the original one. :D
xbojanx

Return to Vegan Products and Supplements