Snowboarding

All other sports and activities not mentioned above!

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Postby XkillerX » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:53 pm

Yeah he's one crazy aviator that's for sure!!! :D

No snowboard parks, no railings, no boxes, no aerials, no fun here ANYWHERE so I'm stuck with learning ground tricks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xUZh2ERpRE is the craziest set I've come up with.

I was riding in sleet last sat and it was beyond awesome!!! Like surfing the waves I tell yah - best ride of my life. Then hell froze over and sund was ice, ice, ice, ice, rocks, and more ice. Should've passed on the occassion.

No fun this weekend but doing the snowdance to hit the slopes again the next one.

SNOW SNOW COME ONNN SNOWWW
Next time, I'll spend the money on drugs instead.
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Postby TGB » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Heck I've got fed up of walking up the hills in Yorkshire to snowboard and have just booked a short holiday in Aviemore, Scotland starting Monday. Looks awesome. Taking the train up!!!!

Those japanese boarders do some cool shit.
TGB

Postby E-P » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:01 am

I started sking few years after I learned walking and at the age of 12 I switched to snowboarding. Now I haven't been snowboarding for few years because of moving constantly and it isn't that easy in UK and especially not at the moment in Mexico.

When I lived in UK (and will go back there) I guess I should check the dry slope of North Wales 8)
E-P

Re: Snowboarding

Postby DB » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:58 pm

So I'm cruising around the forum and find this thread that started in 2004 about snowboarding. It's now 2010 and the thread is STILL GOING. Slowly, but going. I can't let it just die, so I have to contribute.
I started skiing cross country as a kid with my dad, then switched to downhill. Right about the first time I saw a snowboard I switched to that. Snowboarded for the next 20 years, but only a couple times a year because I lived to far away from snow. Now I live in Austria about 10 minutes from snow and go a lot more. I also started skiing again, so now I do both. I never learned to take full advantage of the snowparks, but I LOVE getting air. That and gobs of killer powder make me a happy, happy boy every winter.
DB

Postby XkillerX » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:36 pm

You lucky bastard!!! So jealous!!! The closest snowpark to me is.... somewhere in austria, i guess :( :( :(

Except for one off events like WORLD SNOWBOARDING DAY TODAY , WOOHOO, i can't get any park action :( :( :(

Back to snowboarding:

Why do people shun step in bindings??

Just because the early models were shyte that does not mean good engineers do not exist!!

After one weekend trip of masturbating with gen1 burton step ins, and then 2 seasons of skullfucking masturbation with regular strap on bindings i switched to Rossignol SIS2, and they are the best. Like all bindings they will give you a hard time in deep snow, but they have superb handling and never, ever let go if you click them on right (which is really just stepping in properly. Unlike gen1 step ins).

Great, now let's revive this topic and discuss where to ride, what and how! :D
Next time, I'll spend the money on drugs instead.
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Postby pigface » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:28 pm

I am delighted to find this thread.

I've only been vegan for a couple of months so I haven't had the ordeal of trying to get a meal on the slopes yet (I'm guessing chips or tomato soup will be it, huh?!). Only been snowboarding for a couple of years and sadly haven't been this season as i'm doing a clinical training course that means I can't take time off from work until it's finished in June. ARGH.

This does mean i can have a blow out holiday next season, I should think. Where shall I go?! Japan? Canada?

I'm afraid I'm a scaredy cat and haven't advanced beyond blue runs.
He's in a suit; she's in a straight jacket.
pigface

Postby JS » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:01 pm

I just came back from a week in courcheval. I'm still tyring to master blue runs as some of those are a little steep for my liking! As for food. I ended up paying 12 Euro's for a bowl of chips on the slopes! :shock: From that point onwards I bought some bread and made peanut butter sandwiches for lunch along with protein bars and nuts I'd brought with me. My advice is if you are a travelling as a vegan be prepared and take some of your own snacks etc to get you by just in case you are struggling to find any protein rich options :)

Hotel we stayed in catered well for me after a chat with the chef about needing protein source in my meals :) They also had soya milk for my breakfast :)
JS

Postby snowq » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:08 pm

Hi im vegan n snowboard n this is my first post.

You all look superfit,im not at your levels. I spent many years runnuig,biking etc but enthusiasm has dwindled. However, i cant get enough snowboarding. Just fin 2nd season and started doing black runs and looking to get park board for freestyle in the fridge during future summer months.

Its great to come across other vegans let alone vegan snowborders :D
snowq

Postby F.B » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:35 pm

Still 42 days, 11 hours, 25 minutes and 56 seconds to go until the start of the season here, not that i'm counting...
F.B

Postby snowq » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:04 pm

Hi

Cant believe its almost snow time! Got a new board n some new gear n crucial season ticket...come on snow:-)
snowq

Previous

Return to Other Sports and General Fitness