Michigan Vegan Fitness Freak

Please introduce yourself here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Michigan Vegan Fitness Freak

Postby Kohdii » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:22 pm

Hey guys

My name is Cody, I am from Michigan and I'm 19. I have been a hardcore fitness buff and nutrition freak for a few years and tracked my diet for all that time in a spreadsheet. I realized that to fit my strict dietary limits and goals I had stopped eating meat and dairy without even realizing it. I did research about humans and meat/dairy/animal products and how the meat is made and decided to switch to veganism full-on.

I've been a vegan for about 6 months and It's my entire lifestyle now mixed with fitness.

Just wanted to join a forum as unique as this one, very niche. I've found many fitness forums that rant about meat/insane amounts of protein, and many vegan forums that don't really push exercise and its just awesome to find a forum mixed for both.
"Worthless people live only to eat and drink; people of worth eat and drink only to live." - Socrates
Kohdii

Re: Michigan Vegan Fitness Freak

Postby mabli » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:01 pm

welcome to vf :-)
mabli

Postby dublin dave » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:09 pm

Welcome... 8)
dublin dave

Postby xrodolfox » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:31 am

Welcome!

I'm in Michigan, and I'm vegan, and I'm an athlete. I am a Masters Swim coach (Ann Arbor Masters), and still a competitive a swimmer and triathlete, and a much less competitive soccer player, water polo player, runner, and cyclist, and rare lifter.

What fitness do you do? Sounds like weight training? But IDK. More info please!

There's a few of us here in Michigan, including some folk that might be up your alley in fitness. Where are you at?

I hope you post a lot and I look forward to hearing about your progress. You sound very interesting.
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby Kohdii » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:47 pm

I'm a long distance runner, swimmer, cyclist, I do gymnastics, parkour, and weight train. Very big into nutrition. I used to box and do MMA but got out of it because I didn't want to injure myself and possibly ruin my abilities to continue to workout. So I got lucky leaving it before anything happened. I'm also a fitness/fashion model so that kind of called for it too.

I'm in Flint, Michigan. I want to move down to Ann Arbor though, I hear the city is very veg-friendly.
"Worthless people live only to eat and drink; people of worth eat and drink only to live." - Socrates
Kohdii

Postby Mini_mi » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:38 am

Hi and welcome to the board. Am a fellow Michigander living in S.E Michigan. Small town of temperance.
Mini_mi

Postby divergirl » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:22 am

Welcome, you will love being part of VF! :)
Diving into the blue again......

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Winners do things that losers just won't.
divergirl

Postby JP » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:32 am

is that you in the avatar mate or some random dude? :D

welcome to VF!
JP
Site Admin

Postby Kohdii » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:27 pm

Thanks everybody

And thats me JP. It was from my first photoshoot
Kohdii

Postby xrodolfox » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:52 pm

Ann Arbor is very vegan friendly. We have three 100% veg*n restaurants for a population of just over 100,000. Just about every restaurant here has vegan options or is vegan friendly.

Come on over! I'd love to go for a swim/bike/run/h2o polo and a meal.
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby JP » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:31 pm

Kohdii wrote:Thanks everybody

And thats me JP. It was from my first photoshoot

hot dude!

fucking ripped - whats the bodyfat % in shoots like that and can you hold that all year around or just "peak" for the shoots?
JP
Site Admin

Postby Kohdii » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:40 pm

My bf% is 4% in that pic, and I maintain a 3-4% bf year-round, for personal preferences, my diet is very strict. I'm just more comfortable in general with a low bf%, and plus work comes randomly and you need to be ready at all times so it works out.

Thanks btw haha
Last edited by Kohdii on Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kohdii

Postby Mini_mi » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:31 pm

Kohdii wrote:My bf% is 4% in that pic, and I maintain a 4% bf year-round, for personal preferences, my diet is very strict. I'm just more comfortable in general with a low bf%, and plus work comes randomly and you need to be ready at all times so it works out.

Thanks btw haha

Yup, lookin very fit. Definately not the norm for here in the mid-west. First thing my wife noticed (she was born and raised in S cali), when we moved out here, was how heavy everyone is.
Mini_mi

Postby IronGirl » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:25 pm

Welcome to Vegan Fitness.
IronGirl

Return to New member introductions