SOUP you idiot

Share your tasty and/or healthy recipes here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: SOUP you idiot

Postby bronco » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:40 pm

fredrikw wrote:
bronco wrote:There is one soup that is superiour to all others, and that is yellow pea soup. Preferably so thick you have to cut it with a knife. And served with mustard of course, on a thursday.

+1

but not the Thursday thing, yellow pea soup is excellent whatever day it is.

Allthough it is true that it is excellent on any day, it is just a little bit more excellent on thursday :) .

.flux wrote:Yellow pea soup should be banned. Pumpkin soup is where it's at.

Allthough pumpkin soup is very nice, it doesnt have the protein content of pea soup :) .

fredrikw wrote:
.flux wrote:Yellow pea soup should be banned.

Was the soup I made you that bad? :( I seem to remember you saying you liked it...

I also seem to remember this, allmost :) .
JP wrote:Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
bronco
Site Admin

Postby Rochellita » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:33 am

bronco wrote:
fredrikw wrote:
.flux wrote:Yellow pea soup should be banned.

Was the soup I made you that bad? :( I seem to remember you saying you liked it...

I also seem to remember this, allmost :) .

There's a good chance I was practising some good old English politeness ;) Let's just say pea soup is nasty, but Fred's was the least nasty I have eaten, plus there were pancakes and this softened the blow somewhat.
Rochellita
Site Admin

Postby fredrikw » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:33 am

got to love the english way, as if smiling while kicking you in the head would make it better :cry:
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby xrodolfox » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:56 am

I love pea soup.
Bring it haters.
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby susand828 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:17 am

You all never fail to crack me up :lol: I usually do bean soup with lots of spice/peppers/etc.
I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again. (Anonymous)
susand828

Postby laura76 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:08 am

Herbsman wrote:should the bread be roll-shaped?

Absolutely not.

It should be a slice of fresh baked bread approximately .5in/1.3cm thick; from there you have two options depending on your mood: 1) submerge the entire slice into the bowl of soup for maximum sogginess (yes, you read that right); or 2) tear said slice of bread into large pieces for dipping.

I just had a bowl of carrot soup and went with option 1.
laura76

Postby Clem Snide » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:54 pm

The best soup is lentil fucking soup, preferably spicy so it is like a really runny fucking daal. Pea fucking soup is also good, but not as good as lentil. Soup should always be fucking served with bread you idiot. Croutons are also a good idea you bastards.

Furthermore, in my fucking opinion, although I like my soup pretty thick, it can be too thick.
Clem Snide

Postby Cecilia » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:29 pm

I love split pea soup (fucking or no) with bits of carrot and smoked tofu for texture, and rye bread on the side. It's a Dutch traditional and usually made with lots of meat. Fortunately the store bought types are bland and most meat eaters are too lazy to make it themselves, so you can really knock them over the head with a good vegan homemade version (literally. It's thick).

And this Christmas we had cream of fennel soup, cooked up with a bit of star anise and blended really smoothly with some coconut milk. Not very filling but it tasted nice and looked quite fancy.
Cecilia

Postby NeoEvaX » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:29 pm

Its all about home made Butternut squash soup for those cold winter nights!

Just saying.

Also Pea soup can totally be awesome if done correctly. My Girlfriend makes a great slow cooked pea soup. But maybe I am biased..
NeoEvaX

Previous

Return to Vegan Recipes