XkillerX wrote:Well hello all you gaming fagg^H^Hnatics, FOR THOSE OF YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED, AFTER 12 YEARS OF WAITING ***STARCRAFT 2*** IS HERE ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
And it's fantastic. Stayed up until 5 in the fscking morning playing it. Seriously overpriced, but a seriously good game.
WELL THAT SUCKED!!!!! The single player campaign had maybe a total of 20 hours of gameplay
And again Blizzard turned out to be complete assholes and hid away a mission that should seriously expand the plot. Or bring it to closure. Or whatnot.
So after a 20 hour gaming retrospective here goes:
* FANTASTIC UI. It's like the UI i would've wanted for the original starcraft. LOVE IT!
* Can you say, TOO MANY FUCKING UNITS??? And talking only about the humans here - did not play multi. Who the fuck is going to use reapers and hellions and diamondbacks and wraiths and ravens and blahblahblah. You build tanks and battlecruisers! No, wait, there's an even bigger tank now, it's a gigantic walker, can attack everything and anything, and when it dies, you can revive if for a small fee! What else do you need?
* Loving the mercenary concept. Nevermind basebuilding, just gather some money and buy elite troops.
* GORGEOUS GRAPHICS, DESIGN, SOUND, IMMERSION!!!
now the bad:
* Horrible storyline. Like, Fallout 3 horrible. The dialogues are childish and riddled with cliches, all the male characters got biceps TWICE as big as their heads (biceps inflation since the 90s), they all smoke, drink, brawl and are all heroes and shit. I thought Bad Company 2 was stereotypical, but this is just horrible.
* Oh yeah. The plot. Argh. In a couple of words the plot is just as bad as the cut scene where Zergls are happilly flying through space. With wings.
I mean really. The terrans and protoss are hyperjumping and dimension warping yet the Zergs fly their asses about in space ( .... ) and seem to catch up, or hell, even get there before everybody else!??!
Fallen_Horse wrote:Ya, Blizzard continues its domination. Not something I would pay for at the current price, but I will pick it up when the price goes down a bit. The voice acting is impressive, even if the missions seem a little stretched. Kill 100 infected buildings? 100!
Heh?! There's no mission that stupid. There was a mission though where you're supposed to get killed off half an hour into it, but in the end had to kill my own army just to finish the fucking mission!
And then came all the sanctimonious heroic death one liners and other condescending crap!
DO YOU HEAR ME BLIZZARD????
FUCK YOUR MULTIPLAYING!!!! FUCK YOUR MMORPGS!!!!! THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE WHO ARE INTRIGUED BY THE COMPLEX SF PLOT YOU EASTABLISHED IN THE FIRST GAME!!!!!!!!!!! GIVE ME GOOD STORY WRITING, FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Activists are the engineers of the soul. That's why governments lock them up.