Spinal time again

For injury and health related discussion and support only. Please note that this is not a substitute for seeing a health care professional.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Spinal time again

Postby XkillerX » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:15 pm

Those reading my sanctimonious bunch of cursewords in the training bogs section might have noticed I hurt my back oly lifting.

I can't get my head around it but the injury is located either in the bottom thoracic or the lower lumbar section.

It is not entirely new; I've had this pain years back when I first started strict overhead presses, I amply switched to seated overhead presses to avoid this issue, but this time, it's different.

Even slight twitches and shrugs to "straighten myself out" as in the top of the deadlift movement when locking out (I am referring to that small twitchy movement - weights have nothing to do with it) result in a sensible pain at said location.

Rest did not have much of an effect in helping this resolve itself so I plan to get back to generic lazy man disco lifting (aka benching and pullups and fatmans and shit) but it would be nice to know how to fix this.

If anybody has some experience? Jim?

Repeat: this is not sciatic pain in the lower lumbar region, it is not chronic pain, but it is also affected per se if I do extensive body twisting too (even with fixed hips).

kthxbai!
Next time, I'll spend the money on drugs instead.
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Re: Spinal time again

Postby Linnéa76 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:57 pm

Sorry about your back M! I have no advice other than that it sounds like the kind of thing you'd want to
let a naprapath have a look at (and give you training tips for). Hope you'll feel better soon!
-Talk is cheap-
Linnéa76

Postby JuicyJ » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:20 am

SO happy you don't have sciatica :D !!!
That probably means it is not disc and nerve related
That is such good news!
I have had L4 L5 surgery and the pain is not fun and excruciating .

Have you had any treatments for this?
You could have serious alignment issues which can be addressed and fixed with GOOD chiropratic care.
The first time I did this I thought "Why did I put up with this so long".

Massage ,ice, chiro , acupuncture may help a lot. You won't know until you try .

I have been doing Active Release Therapy.
HUGE fan !
My chiro does it -NO cracking which makes me happy ) .
It has really addressed my chronic aches and pains ,scar tissue and everything else.

Happy New Year Killer :D
Hope the mountains are treating you good and you get some double,double :wink: :wink:

JJ
JuicyJ

Postby mabli » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:17 pm

How's your spine doing??
mabli

Return to Injury Prevention and Support Forum