Vegan athletes

Anything not covered above probably belongs here!

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: Vegan athletes

Postby SpugFab » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:52 pm

Clem Snide wrote:I've never seen this thread before, but that list is pretty fantastic!

Yeah the list is looking amazing, well played Konstantin :)
SpugFab

Postby thestoatyone » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:05 pm

Konstantin wrote:If anyone knows any elite sportspeople, please discourage them from going vegan because the list is getting too long.

:D
Vincit omnia pertinax virtus

My Log

muchluv wrote:When I grow up I want to be Gelert.
thestoatyone

Postby Clem Snide » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:12 pm

Konstantin wrote:If anyone knows any elite sportspeople, please discourage them from going vegan because the list is getting too long.

I have just talked Usain Bolt into finishing his tray of chicken nuggets, just for you.
Clem Snide

Postby Konstantin » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:50 pm

Lol! Everyone knows he only eats curly-wurlies!
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
Konstantin

Postby daisy » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:32 pm

do we know him here?
ex-NHL-player Georges Laraque
http://www.cbc.ca/politics/insidepoliti ... green.html
http://www.vegan.at - http://www.veganisnormal.com - http://www.veganmania.at
daisy

Postby Konstantin » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:58 pm

He's there Daisy, section 3 (skill).

Glad folk are liking this, the Top Trump set (Vegan Athletes) is on order in the same format.

OK it isn't, small joke, but I kinda like the idea.
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
Konstantin

Postby SpugFab » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:03 pm

Konstantin wrote:Glad folk are liking this, the Top Trump set (Vegan Athletes) is on order in the same format.

Not a bad idea. What would be your categories?

Strength, Endurance and Skill seem obvious enough, maybe a bit dull.

Years as vegan? Willpower? Evangelism rating?
SpugFab

Postby ninearms » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:24 pm

SpugFab wrote:
Konstantin wrote:Glad folk are liking this, the Top Trump set (Vegan Athletes) is on order in the same format.

Not a bad idea. What would be your categories?

Strength, Endurance and Skill seem obvious enough, maybe a bit dull.

Years as vegan? Willpower? Evangelism rating?

Facebook updates per day? Uses of the word "pumped" (or "super pumped")?
“Begin at the beginning,” the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end. Then stop.”
ninearms
Perked Member

Postby Konstantin » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:04 pm

I used to love Top Trumps (rediscovered them now I have kids). The suggestion wasn't 100% a joke as a set would be great (just not commercial). All cards had one category they were crap on. Maybe:

Years as a vegan
Success. This would be in one range (eg 100-200) for national competitors) and 200+ for international, based on titles. So Scott Jurek would get really high because he wonm international events, some of the national class cyclists who did not compete internationally would get maybe 170.
Epic rating - who takes on crazy long events (see Rich Roll) (sorry Carl Lewis!)
Stereotype destruction rating - Here we're talking skinny looking. So Rob Bigwood, Jim Morris, Mac Danzig etc score high.
Vegantastic - Just a rating for how they promote veganism. So Brazier, Cheeke, Roll, Oakes get good marks, those that we didn't know were vegan get lower marks. And AR vegans get more.

We've got 46 on the list, that's enough for a set!!

Hey, why am I wasting time typing this? It ain't gonna happen!

I'll add this when I get time:http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/44920792.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUUsZ
Konstantin

Postby Konstantin » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:13 pm

Pat Neshek added.
Konstantin

Postby Konstantin » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:47 pm

Jeff Egglestone added.
Konstantin

Postby Konstantin » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:05 pm

Dave Zabriskie added.
Konstantin

Postby Konstantin » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:13 pm

News updated.
Konstantin

Postby KC Masterpiece » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:52 pm

Ronda Rousey

At just 17, Rousey qualified for the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, becoming the youngest judo player in the entire Games.
Also in 2004, Rousey won a gold medal at the 2004 World Junior Judo Championships in Budapest, Hungary.

In April 2006, she became the first U.S. female athlete in nearly 10 years to win an A-Level tournament as she went 5-0 to claim gold at the Birmingham World Cup in Great Britain. Later that year, the 19-year-old won the bronze medal at the Junior World Championships, becoming the first U.S. athlete ever to win two Junior World medals.

In February 2007, Rousey moved up to 70kg where she is currently ranked as one of the top three women in the world. She won the silver medal at the 2007 World Judo Championships in the middleweight division and the bronze medal at the 2007 Pan Am Games.

In August 2008, Rousey competed at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, China. She lost her quarterfinal to the Dutch ex-world champion Edith Bosch but qualified for a Bronze medal match through the repechage bracket. Rousey defeated Annett Boehm by Yuko to win a bronze medal (note: Judo offers two bronze medals per weight class). With the victory, Rousey became the first American to win an Olympic medal in women's judo since its inception as an Olympic sport in 1992.

Rousey made her mixed martial arts debut as an amateur on August 6, 2010. She defeated Hayden Munoz by submission due to an armbar very early in the first round.

She entered the quarterfinals of the Tuff-N-Uff 145 lbs women's tournament on November 12, 2010 and submitted promotional veteran Autumn Richardson with an armbar in just 57 seconds. Rousey will now move on to the tournament semi-finals against an opponent to be determined.

KC Masterpiece

Postby Konstantin » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:25 pm

Ronda Rousey added to the skill section. Interesting competitor, sorry for the delay.
Konstantin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion