took my bike off road for the first time today

If cycling of any kind, from leisure to endurance, is your passion, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

took my bike off road for the first time today

Postby susand828 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:00 am

I finally mustered up the nerve to take my bike on a mountain trail today(have had it 3 years and only been on roads:) I was pretty nervous(9 years of ER/ICU nursing does make it's mark on you). I managed to stay upright though and came home with all of my appendages and no gaping wounds. I can't wait to get better and more confident. Thanks for letting me share-I know it's silly-but is a big step for me because I have been so freaking scared to go off road.
I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again. (Anonymous)
susand828

Re: took my bike off road for the first time today

Postby xrodolfox » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:33 pm

Awesome!

I do sport to conquer fears to get to my goals. That's awesome that you're doing it!
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby Mr. Cleetus » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:50 pm

awesome, well done. Keep at it and you'll hopefully be amazed at how your confidence improves. What's scary now, you won't even think twice about eventually. :) I'm the biggest chicken of all on the mtb. :)
Mr. Cleetus

Postby GY Jon » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:31 pm

Well done, I've been riding MTB for about 20 years and still get off to walk the steep, scary bits. So, NO! I'M THE BIGGEST CHICKEN! :D
GY Jon

Postby Mr. Cleetus » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:41 pm

[quote="GY Jon"]....So, NO! I'M THE BIGGEST CHICKEN! :D

bring it on!!

Mr. Cleetus

Postby susand828 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:59 pm

LOL! Thanks for the support. I plan to go again this weekend-will keep ya posted.
I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again. (Anonymous)
susand828

Return to Cycling Forum