Globus

For injury and health related discussion and support only. Please note that this is not a substitute for seeing a health care professional.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Globus

Postby thestoatyone » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:40 pm

Hi all, not really an injury, but here goes. Had Globus hystericus for about 6 months now; not a right lot that the doctors can do about it just need to relax, which is harder to do than it sounds when constantly gasping for breath!

Anyone else put up with this? I can still lift, but running's off the menu till I can get on top of it...
Vincit omnia pertinax virtus

My Log

muchluv wrote:When I grow up I want to be Gelert.
thestoatyone

Re: Globus

Postby mabli » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:58 pm

Oh dear, that sounds awful :(
I suppose you need to deal with the route cause and if its anxiety then lots of hill walking and knackering myself out helped me last year when I was having a mini crisis... hope you feel beter soon
mabli

Postby thestoatyone » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:36 am

Cheers hun.

Cutting coffee out this week seem to have nearly got rid of it. A life without coffee sounds hellish to me, but it might be the price I need to pay...

My Log

thestoatyone

Postby mabli » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:00 pm

thestoatyone wrote:Cheers hun.

Cutting coffee out this week seem to have nearly got rid of it. A life without coffee sounds hellish to me, but it might be the price I need to pay...

aaaargh I couldnt do it... having said that I can only drink two cups first thing in the morning, any more and Im all jittery
mabli

Postby thestoatyone » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:19 pm

I'm naturally decaffeinated, it takes me a good couple of cups to get to normal, after that jitteriness kicks in at about 10 cups...

Going without coffeee has had no bad effects apart from making it harder to sleep at night. How is that right?

My Log

thestoatyone

Return to Injury Prevention and Support Forum