pizzaexpress - Vegan pizza, vote, vote vote!

Anything not covered above probably belongs here!

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: pizzaexpress - Vegan pizza, vote, vote vote!

Postby Johnboy74 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:33 am

Or maybe pizzaexpress have rigged it because a vegan pizza isn't going to be a bog seller? It's all about how much profit you can make these days...
****** Vegan Atheist ******
Most atheists see themselves as realists - their atheism is a part of their willingness to square up to the world as it is and face it without recourse to superstition or comforting fictions about a life to come or a benevolent power looking after us.
Johnboy74

Postby muchluv » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:41 pm

Johnboy74 wrote:Or maybe pizzaexpress have rigged it because a vegan pizza isn't going to be a bog seller? It's all about how much profit you can make these days...

I recon if that was the case they wouldn't have let it get to the top 5, would have much easier to stop it like that too.
Although the effeminate nature of my username may suggest otherwise, my gender actually falls into the male category.
muchluv
The VF YouTube Guvnor

Postby barnz2k » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:30 pm

well, as you dont need to confirm the vote via email....

a@a.com
a@aa.com
aa@aa.com

you get the point
barnz2k

Postby tellygonebung » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:31 pm

I'm signed up to the pizza express email offers (cheap pizza offers!) so I was really surprised to see a vegan option in the top 5! So I voted for that, obviously.

They ought to have something on the menu, there is an NZ pizza chain that has a vegan pizza. Think it was refried beans and avacado amongst other things on there. Avacado isn't that great cooked but refried beans....yum!
tellygonebung

Postby purple_mog » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:51 pm

have voted :)
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.

Mahatma Gandhi
purple_mog

Postby Johnboy74 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:42 pm

Voting has closed, will be announced on 22nd... think vegan pizza was in second place just before closing :?
****** Vegan Atheist ******
Most atheists see themselves as realists - their atheism is a part of their willingness to square up to the world as it is and face it without recourse to superstition or comforting fictions about a life to come or a benevolent power looking after us.
Johnboy74

Postby xJimx » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:23 pm

Maybe not a great loss. I tried tahini on my homemade pizza tonight (spicy sausage FTW!) & it was a bit odd to be perfectly honest.
DYEL
xJimx

Postby muchluv » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:54 pm

We did indeed lose :(. I for one would have welcomed a vegan pizza even if it was weird.
Although the effeminate nature of my username may suggest otherwise, my gender actually falls into the male category.
muchluv
The VF YouTube Guvnor

Postby tellygonebung » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:21 pm

But the new Rosemary (pizza base type ) bread is vegan by standard!! Hurrah. :D
tellygonebung

Postby Talyn » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:58 pm

tellygonebung wrote:But the new Rosemary (pizza base type ) bread is vegan by standard!! Hurrah. :D

Hey that's very cool, I just checked out their website. Have you tried this pizza before? How big is it?
Talyn
User Activation Admin

Postby Hiking Fox » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:59 pm

I ate at a Pizza Express a few days ago, while in a town (Kendal) with virtually no vegan-friendly places open in the evening.

I had olives and almonds to nibble on, plus the Veneziana pizza (Red onions, capers, olives, sultanas and pine kernels), with no cheese and with extra roast vegetables.

The service was fast and friendly, the pine kernels were generously sprinkled, and we didn't get charged for the extra topping. I was pleased with the food and would go back.

The size of your pizza depends on whether you go for the thick base or thin base. We opted for thin base and it was about the size of a 12 inch LP; bigger than the plate it came on, anyway.
Hiking Fox

Postby baldy » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:14 pm

Hiking Fox wrote: the Veneziana pizza (Red onions, capers, olives, sultanas and pine kernels), with no cheese and with extra roast vegetables.

Good choice, the best pizza express option by far! Pizza express are also good for vouchers and deals. I amazed my work colleagues by eating 2 pizzas for the price of 1. Frankly I was also kind of suprised I could eat both.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby Goob » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:48 pm

baldy wrote:
Hiking Fox wrote: the Veneziana pizza (Red onions, capers, olives, sultanas and pine kernels), with no cheese and with extra roast vegetables.

Good choice, the best pizza express option by far! Pizza express are also good for vouchers and deals. I amazed my work colleagues by eating 2 pizzas for the price of 1. Frankly I was also kind of suprised I could eat both.

I don't see how you had any other options in that situation :mrgreen:
Mikhail Koklyaev wrote:Benedikt he is deadlift god , I'm only amateur
Goob

Postby tellygonebung » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:16 pm

Talyn wrote:
tellygonebung wrote:But the new Rosemary (pizza base type ) bread is vegan by standard!! Hurrah. :D

Hey that's very cool, I just checked out their website. Have you tried this pizza before? How big is it?

Not yet....but soon!:) Has anyone else?

(Starter) Menu says "Rosemary Pizza Bread

Large thin pizza base with rosemary, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, chilli flakes, rock salt"
tellygonebung

Previous

Return to General Discussion