New vegan film by vegan society released today!

Forum to discuss and advertise vegan, animal, human, environmental and other vegan related events and campaigns.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

New vegan film by vegan society released today!

Postby JP » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:18 pm

Making the Connection

The Vegan Society wanted a film, suitable for all ages and all walks of life, that would express the various advantages of a plant-based diet and lifestyle. Environment Films selected a diverse range of contributors and to avoid the standard educational format and to prevent the film from being static we crafted linking scenes from topic to topic and tried to deliver the facts in a relaxed and informal way. The music was specially written (excluding two hip hop tracks by vegan artists Promoe and Jah Sun), which add to the contemporary feel of the film.

http://www.environmentfilms.org/EF/Maki ... ction.html

watching it right now so cant say much about it yet, nice start...
JP
Site Admin

Re: New vegan film by vegan society released today!

Postby Konstantin » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:58 pm

Just skimmed through, I'll watch it fully some time.

It looks excellent, I love the way it's shot and the content looks to be put together with a lot of thought rather than just following the obvious.

That's decided me, I was talking to the teacher at the local school who teaches philosophy and ethics, I'm going to offer to go along and talk and show the film.
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
Konstantin

Postby bob_summers » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:13 pm

really well done. didn't really occur to me until i watched this how much a film like this has been needed.

i can use this at school as well. quite often i get a bunch of kids curious about what veganism is.

(assuming it's ok to just downlaod it and burn it to a few dvds?)
"No se deja de pedalear cuando se envejece.
Se envejece cuando se deja de pedalear"
bob_summers

Postby hardcore iv » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:18 pm

Just watched it. It's great. A step up from "Truth or dairy" and Benjamin Zephaniah doesn't look a day older from when that was shot :)
"When you are born, you are set forth to die. The fact that you live or don't live between these two dates depends solely upon your own will, opportunities and desires. The weight exerciser, of course, indicates that he chooses to live." Joseph Curtis Hise
hardcore iv

Postby sosso » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:40 am

Loved it. Great content and it was nice to see a production of that quality.
sosso

Postby xrodolfox » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:47 am

nice. I posted it on my FB page, and I had my kids watch half of it. tomorrow, next half.
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Return to Vegan activism and events