Vegan Berlin

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: Vegan Berlin

Postby ^toby^ » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:57 am

Arrrrrgh! Hans Wurst!!!!!!
I went there last year.

The site said:
"hans wurst is dead/thanks y'all for 3 amazing years"
'Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect Practice makes perfect' - Vince Lombardi
^toby^

Postby ^toby^ » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:59 am

'Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect Practice makes perfect' - Vince Lombardi
^toby^

Postby chloe » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:14 pm

damn id be really interested to hear why Hans wurst closed!!??if anyone gets any word please pass it along.
chloe

Postby fredrikw » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:44 pm

I'd be more interested in seeing them open before end of November when we're going there... ;)
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby :x: » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:47 pm

Forget the Hans Wurst, I never really liked it, now there's the Linienstraße-squat! Cheap food each thursday I believe, today it was vegan Döner for 2,50€ which was really tasty.
But the best part is the vegan soft serve! You choose one of a few flavour-bases and then one or more ingredients, like beer, vodka, broccoli, peanut butter, pineapple, ... I had a Snickers-cone which was simply awesome. I like the place.
"anti-german" for dummies
please spell me : x : :)
honestly, stop the vegan-snuff-video-madness!
:x:

Postby fredrikw » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:48 pm

hmm, sounds interesting, thanks for the info :)
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby beforewisdom » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:39 pm

"vegan berlin" sounds like an old forgotten cold war term :).

You would have a rough, dangerous time, if you got lost until you made your way into "vegan berlin".....

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)
beforewisdom

Postby chloe » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:37 pm

i went to a place completely by chance,that was all vegan, somewhere in prenzlauer berg just off lette strasse..dont know what the place was called, but it was quite good.
chloe

Postby Talyn » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:58 pm

I am going to be in Berlin on Thursday 27 October and part of the Friday as well, do any Berliners want to catch up/take me out for food???
Talyn
User Activation Admin

Postby Heinrich » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:14 pm

Of course.
Do you know in what area youre gonna stay?
Heinrich

Postby Talyn » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:49 pm

Heinrich wrote:Of course.
Do you know in what area youre gonna stay?

Yup, Prenzlauer Berg. Near Landsberger Allee S-bahn.
Talyn
User Activation Admin

Postby loveliberate » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:25 am

Berlin sounds like a really wonderful city that I would love to visit - I'd really like to read more about cool projects & cheap eats there like that squat cafe! :D
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.corneredcat.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Postby stray tortoise » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:39 am

Heinrich wrote:And there is a new one in Kreuzberg:

http://www.viasko.de/

Really good food. Its a proper restaurant where you can also bring your grandma.

My girlfriend and I went there last weekend and stuffed ourselves silly with the breakfast buffet :D
stray tortoise

Postby FormicaLinoleum » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:50 am

stray tortoise wrote:
Heinrich wrote:And there is a new one in Kreuzberg:

http://www.viasko.de/

Really good food. Its a proper restaurant where you can also bring your grandma.

My girlfriend and I went there last weekend and stuffed ourselves silly with the breakfast buffet :D

Yeah, we went to the breakfast buffet there, too. Loved it. Also stuffed ourselves silly!
- Liz
FormicaLinoleum

Postby JP » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:45 am

i know i have only lived here for a week, but its just mindblowing how far veganism has become.

this is just my neighbourhood, Friendrichshain, but we have the usual suspects like yoyo (vegan fast food place with 20+ vegan burgers, pizzas like tuna or ham, currywurst, all kinds of meaty things, cheesecakes, mango lassi etc etc etc), voner (vegan kebab joint), hot dog soup (well, hot dogs) and so on.

There are some nice looking veggie cafes too but somehow i have managed to miss them.

I thought of mapping out all falafel places in this area, but there are too many, dozens and dozens, though most of them are mediocre. The best one seems to be Zeus, with specifically stated vegan menu, with 6 vegan pizzas (cheese too) and various falafels. Sinabad looks awesome too, specificalluz labelled vegan dishes and nice falafel meals, not just sandwiches. They are next on my list.

In addition i should mention the radical political centres, used to be squats but they are all official now. I dont know how many there are, in this neighborhood alone there are about 10 i would say, and many of them have food nights, couple euros for a decent lovingly made meal. Many food evenins (called VoKu, or Soli - so either peoples kitchen, or a benefit evening for some cause) are fully vegan, or just have vegan options. I have visited 5 different places so far (with a vegan pizza and cake night coming tonight in another centre in Kreutzberg!) and they all have been well worth the visit, this is perhaps the most quirky and unique side of berlin for a vegan visitor, and should definitely not be missed!

oh one more thing, one can just wander around here and see vegan cakes and food advertised in normal cafes, just went to cupcake yesterday for some vegan cupcakes and hot chocolate, and another join which name escapes me made nice cake.

Can it get much easer than this???
JP
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews