Devil's Plaything's first BB-Comp...

Lifting weights whether for bodybuilding, toning, or just for general fitness.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Devil's Plaything's first BB-Comp...

Postby Devil's Plaything » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:52 am

... didn't go as well as planed ;) I aimed for the heavyweight-class but dropped into middleweight in the last days. The middleweight class was insanely good and I only made sixth place :( (so no medal or trophy or anything)
None the less I was in awesome shape and I'm quite proud of my discipline and everything.

So here are some pics and videos:
[flash=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vAWqDDKXV8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vAWqDDKXV8[/flash]
[flash=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5oB6a36z5w&feature=related]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5oB6a36z5w&feature=related[/flash]
[flash=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl6tMBPFzyM&feature=related]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl6tMBPFzyM&feature=related[/flash]

Edit: Sorry, I have no idea how the flash-code works... :oops:
[quote="JP"]biceps are very important in strongman! With big biceps if the competition doesnt go well, at least you will look good.[/quote]
Devil's Plaything

Re: Devil's Plaything's first BB-Comp...

Postby baldy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:14 am

"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby Devil's Plaything » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:22 am

Thanx! :)
[quote="JP"]biceps are very important in strongman! With big biceps if the competition doesnt go well, at least you will look good.[/quote]
Devil's Plaything

Postby baldy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:24 am

Devil's Plaything wrote:Thanx! :)

no problem buddy, was watching them at work but then my cube mate started giving me funny looks. Might have to watch them in the privacy of my own house. Your looking good, clean shaven and tanned!

How much weight did you loose to get to the medium weight?
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby Devil's Plaything » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:28 am

about 20 k!
Watching BB videos at work is never a good idea :lol: ;)
Devil's Plaything

Postby JP » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:41 am

mate, i didnt reallise this was your first comp! I thought you were a seasoned veteran!

Its not only about the end result, but also about the journey. Could you please write a bit about your pre comp preparations, the diet and training? Would be awesome to read.

And hey, well done for stepping up and facing that competition. Ok you placed sixth, but it is not about placings, but about who you face - 6th in one field is better than 1st in a comp where you are the only person in the category :D Or just facing easy opponents. People too often stare at titles and podium finishes (we tend to do that too in the "vegan athletes" listings i think) rather than actually checking what kind of competition the athlete has faced.

Good work mate, looking fucking ripped in the pics! Other than that, i am as ignorrant as they come so cant say anything :D
JP
Site Admin

Postby baldy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:10 am

Devil's Plaything wrote:about 20 k!
Watching BB videos at work is never a good idea :lol: ;)

20kg, that is a lot of weight to lose no wonder you look so ripped. How is your strength?

Are all the people on stage in your so division, so you came 6th out of them?
baldy
Site Admin

Postby Devil's Plaything » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:10 pm

JP wrote:Its not only about the end result, but also about the journey. Could you please write a bit about your pre comp preparations, the diet and training? Would be awesome to read.

sure, I'd love to, as soon as I find some time and my brain is used to carbs again :lol:

6th in one field is better than 1st in a comp where you are the only person in the category :D Or just facing easy opponents.

Now who would do that??? :lol:

baldy wrote:How is your strength?

Pretty much gone! :oops: Hopefully it comes back fast... especially pressing stuff has become insanely difficult for me.

Are all the people on stage in your so division, so you came 6th out of them?

Yes, exactly! :) The guys who came in 1st and 2nd looked incredible... they definitely deserved their titles. But I think 5th place could or even should have been mine... oh well ;)
Devil's Plaything

Postby bronco » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:47 pm

Good work on doing the comp, you look solid :D !
JP wrote:Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
bronco
Site Admin

Postby Rochellita » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:22 am

Congrats on the competition, judging but what I saw at VF week you put a lot of hard work into this. What do you think cost you 5th place?
Rochellita
Site Admin

Postby Konstantin » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:38 am

Looking damn good, well done, hope you enjoyed it.
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
Konstantin

Postby vegan hal » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:07 pm

incredible!

good job DP! but boy, 20kg is a LOT of weight to lose. how long did that take and do you have any "before" photos?
vegan hal

Postby haisuli » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:10 pm

Awesome! Hey, if that was your first comp and looked that good, what will we see on following comps! :wink:
haisuli

Postby xphilx » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:19 pm

.flux wrote:Congrats on the competition, judging but what I saw at VF week you put a lot of hard work into this. What do you think cost you 5th place?

The goddamn light on the side of the stage where he was standing. I guess it's called bad luck.

It was actually pretty close between him and the guy right next to him and we thought that he had a serious chance for a place in the finals but the judges didn't share our opinion.
xphilx

Postby Fallen_Horse » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:25 pm

Dayum son those legs are SHREDDED!
Lovin' it!
Fallen_Horse

Next

Return to Bodybuilding and Training with Weights