Good waterproof coats

If cycling of any kind, from leisure to endurance, is your passion, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Re: Good waterproof coats

Postby Gelert » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:39 pm

[quote="fredrikw"]that's because you don't hang around the cycling forum much. but now that you have, I hope you understand that you need to get a bike and start cycling, there's no turning back once you've been gileted.

[quote="fredrikw"]how do you know what people do when they're not posting here? get off your high horses man, you're not making any sense and you'll hardly convince anyone by having that shitty attitude.

Right back at ya! :P :twisted: :wink:

I'll stop being mean now but happen I have a bicycle and a gilet -but do need to cycle more. I think I alluded to the former if not the latter earlier in the thread!

dhd - not a bad choice - if it works, use it! If it's the one I think it is (ISTR a cracking shot of you on a bike posted a while back wearing a mountain equipment jacket) then two mates of mine have the same one and love it.
Gelert

Postby fredrikw » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:54 pm

ha ha, that's a good one! although I must say that I'm not giving you shit for anything, just telling you how it is :D (or how I thought it was it seems :oops:)
:lol:
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby Gelert » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:21 pm

[quote="fredrikw"]ha ha, that's a good one! although I must say that I'm not giving you shit for anything, just telling you how it is :D (or how I thought it was it seems :oops:)
:lol:

:D Indeed!
Gelert

Postby bob_summers » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:13 pm

just been given a buffalo big face. quite impressively, it's at least 15 years old but still in their catalogue!

crutch flaps.
"No se deja de pedalear cuando se envejece.
Se envejece cuando se deja de pedalear"
bob_summers

Postby fredrikw » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:43 am

[quote="bob_summers"]crutch flaps.

sounds very practical, I always wish I had a buckle and a strap down there when cycling ;)
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby bob_summers » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:16 am

[quote="fredrikw"][quote="bob_summers"]crutch flaps.

sounds very practical, I always wish I had a buckle and a strap down there when cycling ;)

:wink:

trying it on for size this morning, you would get heatstroke long before the buckle became uncomfortable!
bob_summers

Postby Gelert » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:29 am

[quote="fredrikw"][quote="bob_summers"]crutch flaps.

It's quite a nice feature if you're thrutching up a gully in the Cairngorms and have spindrift finding its way into your own gullies, but admittedly not the best for cycling perhaps. Unless...you get a pair of Buffalo "Supporters" maybe?

http://www.needlesports.com/Catalogue/T ... rs-BUF-SUP

[quote]Fiendishly uncomfortable and bizarre looking creations in shiny black Pertex and fluffy black pile, these underpants are the most purchased stag-do present in the shop. Waist size M roughly equates to 32 inches (80cm), but hell, who cares, I mean are you really going to wear them?!
Gelert

Postby bob_summers » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:59 am

how can fleece-lined grundies possibly be uncomfortable?! they sound cosy (but a fashion no-no in the same way as socks and sandals!)

when the weather gets really foul i'm looking forward to seeing how the buffalo copes with mountainbiking. it's an interesting concept....
bob_summers

Previous

Return to Cycling Forum