Cars and leather

Armchair politics, ethical soapbox and current affairs. Place to discuss vegan ethics and general ethics and politics. Be nice.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: Cars and leather

Postby XkillerX » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:55 am

ahahahahaha so true, i have an impression that if you're german, when you retire you are given a choice between an RV and a porsche - absolutely free, a present from the government! Because i have cognital problems comprehending the astonishing quantity of those 100k euro vehicles on the roads! (both RVs and porsches)

Rarely ever, ever driven by a female person, or a male person under 60.
Next time, I'll spend the money on drugs instead.
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Postby baldy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:21 am

XkillerX wrote:
But baldy you would be proud, i'm going to check out a 'shitty_car' tomorrow (toyota MR2, get it? Gelert will) and let you know how it feels.

MR2 and MX5 are ideal cars for someone not man enough to own an Italian sports car.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby ninearms » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:02 am

I'd rather have a Veyron Super Sport than a Tesla. What sort of car lover wants a car that doesn't sound like a fighter plane?
“Begin at the beginning,” the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end. Then stop.”
ninearms
Perked Member

Postby Gelert » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:50 am

XkillerX wrote: i'm going to check out a 'shitty_car' tomorrow (toyota MR2, get it? Gelert will) and let you know how it feels.

I've already got a shitty car mate. Well, maybe not shitty, but rusty and held together by duct tape so the only shit is the turd wrapped in cling film I forgot in the boot for a few days once after a desperate struggle to find a public gary in the depths of Mid Wales.

It rattles when you rev it, jumps out of second and makes clunky noises going down steep hills which terrify the organic ballast. Perfect. It's a 12 year old Rover, and like its namesake it's feeling its dog years.

Got forced to buy new two new tyres for it a month ago because they looked like a photofinish in a telly savalas impersonator's race. The £110 they cost doubled the value of the car. It's been abused. I parked it at work while away for a spell recently and came back to find plants growing into the empty spaces in the engine. Cute. It is developing its own lichen ecosystem too.

So I don't understand this fixation with horseless carriages beyond something that gets you to A and B fairly reliably, economically and pulls a decent J turn at the first sign of fluffy dice ahead if cycling or public transport aren't particularly viable options.

It just seems like a much unhealthier way to channel repressed sexual frustration than firearms and good single malts.
Gelert

Postby thestoatyone » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:20 pm

Haha, em-air-duh!

Seriously MR2, turbo conversion. As reliable as you can build it, and damn cheap too.
Vincit omnia pertinax virtus

My Log

muchluv wrote:When I grow up I want to be Gelert.
thestoatyone

Postby XkillerX » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:30 pm

Ohh jeebus fucking chrysler.

Gelert no wonder you hate your car, house, job, world, yourself, when you drive a Rover.

On the other hand it does make you escape to nature much more often so I guess there is a bright side of owning the darkest creation known to man (just kidding, that would be the Zaporozhetz. Or the Trabant. Communism has made many "fine" cars.)

M - R - 2, get it?

Common ca va??

Cette voiture est un M - R - 2!

Emme - erre - deux ! ! !

:: sigh ::

French understand, yes?

Est-merdeux !

C'est merde!

It's "shitty"! ! !

Funny, ha, ha.

:roll:

Baldy! Don't hate the player, nobody pointed a gun at you and made you buy a seicento. Either way it's a fitting punishment for not coming to VFW. And the rest of your italian car masochism.

The shitty is a fine car. What other cars were being made in 2000 that were mid engine, rear wheel drive, paddle shift? Just the Ferrari 360 F1.

It goes like stink, the price is a steal (although I'd like to get it down one more grand - it's 7k now), it is 2nd in fuel efficiency only to the smart, no problems detected and have I mentioned it goes like stink?

But if there's one sentence in the universe that would describe it completely, it is:

NO FUCKING LEGROOM!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Postby XkillerX » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:35 pm

Gelert wrote:It just seems like a much unhealthier way to channel repressed sexual frustration than firearms and good single malts.

Aye, but that is not the case here. Jono will understand. It has to do with something reaching back to childhood much much before infantile sexual frustrations came into play.
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Postby Gelert » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:53 pm

XkillerX wrote:It has to do with something reaching back to childhood much much before infantile sexual frustrations came into play.

Impossible. You know that apparently foetuses masturbate, don't you?

QED.
Gelert

Postby XkillerX » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:22 pm

thestoatyone wrote:Seriously MR2, turbo conversion. As reliable as you can build it, and damn cheap too.

The stoaty knows it!

ninearms wrote:I'd rather have a Veyron Super Sport than a Tesla. What sort of car lover wants a car that doesn't sound like a fighter plane?

A supra will do just fine.

pssst, unlike the italians, all leather free. :wink:
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Postby bob_summers » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:31 am

interesting how the lambo passenger doesn't seem to have posted his video on youtube...
"No se deja de pedalear cuando se envejece.
Se envejece cuando se deja de pedalear"
bob_summers

Postby sosso » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:02 am

bob_summers wrote:interesting how the lambo passenger doesn't seem to have posted his video on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-piEjJMOEDs
sosso

Postby baldy » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:28 am

What exactly are we talking about drag racing, sports cars or super cars?
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby bob_summers » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:18 am

sosso wrote:
bob_summers wrote:interesting how the lambo passenger doesn't seem to have posted his video on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-piEjJMOEDs

hehe i'm happy to stand corrected!
bob_summers

Postby bob_summers » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:19 am

baldy wrote:What exactly are we talking about drag racing, sports cars or super cars?

leather interiors, no :?
bob_summers

Postby XkillerX » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:24 pm

Right. The topic is LEATHER FREE CARS. (or in my case: beautiful, reliable, enjoyable, cheap and very fast leather free cars)

And I'm still open for suggestions. So far only the Rex and the old Delta HF have been suggested. I retorted with the MR2 and the Supra.

Also found a custom modded EVO X that is leather free, but with cruise control. On the other hand, it costs three times more than my "rules" dictate (not to mention my wallet).
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

PreviousNext

Return to Ethics, Politics and Current Affairs