My latest protein powder adventures

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: My latest protein powder adventures

Postby aggromeng » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:39 pm

haha my concoction is as followed:
E3live 3 tbsps.
2fl oz wheatgrass
1fl oz of beet juice
1fl oz broccoli
1 tsp echniacea elderberry and zinc syrup
1 scoops of vega
1 1/2 tsp shilajit
1 tbsp chia seed
1 mango bio-k
16 drops of cell food
1/8 tsp cissus quadrangularis
2tbsp supra fiber
1 tbsp orac energy greens
2 scoops juvo yoga food
and of course 8-12 oz of ionized water.
User avatar
aggromeng
New Member
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:35 am

Re: My latest protein powder adventures

Postby BlueRose » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:40 pm

vegimator wrote:luckyshot- sunwarrior's supposed to be great but it's not cheap either. A lot of us americans use the custom blend option on trueprotein.com. A pound of 70/30 pea/rice protein runs about $6 and has a better amino acid profile than sunwarrior.


The Vegan Protein and Jarrow's Brown Rice protein I buy I find on sale at Whole Foods and at a decent price. :)

I just got Vega protein on sale and plan to try it. I mostly do fruit smoothies.
rational romantic mystic cynical idealist.

Vegan Women's Bodybuilding & Fitness on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1421637141388613/

Doing Les Mills Combat and loving it!
http://www.TeaAddictedGeek.com
User avatar
BlueRose
Active Member
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:56 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: My latest protein powder adventures

Postby knackers » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:36 am

luckyshot - I like all the flavors, so its a bit hard to recommend 1 only... As for almond milk, Ive only ever tried one and I wasn't a fan, + it was a bit expensive down here. Oat milk is a staple of mine-love it.
“Animals do have a voice. If you ignore their suffering, I will remind you of it. If you don't understand them, I will translate. If you don't hear them, I will be their voice. You may silence them but you cannot silence me as long as I live.” ~ Anita Mahdessian (C
User avatar
knackers
Active Member
 
Posts: 956
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:12 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: My latest protein powder adventures

Postby sosso » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:00 am

What I had for breakfast -

About a cup of soy milk
Handful of spinach
About half a cup of oats
Grape Juice
2 scoops rice protein

Not bad. It was a bit thick but that's easily fixed.

Image
User avatar
sosso
Active Member
 
Posts: 1625
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:35 am
Location: Tamworth, Australia

Re: My latest protein powder adventures

Postby JP » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:47 am

aggromeng wrote:haha my concoction is as followed:
E3live 3 tbsps.
2fl oz wheatgrass
1fl oz of beet juice
1fl oz broccoli
1 tsp echniacea elderberry and zinc syrup
1 scoops of vega
1 1/2 tsp shilajit
1 tbsp chia seed
1 mango bio-k
16 drops of cell food
1/8 tsp cissus quadrangularis
2tbsp supra fiber
1 tbsp orac energy greens
2 scoops juvo yoga food
and of course 8-12 oz of ionized water.


...i got a mental image of a laboratory with some weird bottles and potions...
User avatar
JP
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19250
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:14 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany

Re: My latest protein powder adventures

Postby baldy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:32 am

sosso wrote:What I had for breakfast -

About a cup of soy milk
Handful of spinach
About half a cup of oats
Grape Juice
2 scoops rice protein

Not bad. It was a bit thick but that's easily fixed.

Image

I just gaggled looking at that..
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
User avatar
baldy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7293
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 10:23 am
Location: St Albans UK

Re: My latest protein powder adventures

Postby sosso » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:35 am

If you gagged looking at that, you'll definitely vomit after the sprite, pea protein & tofu shake.
User avatar
sosso
Active Member
 
Posts: 1625
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:35 am
Location: Tamworth, Australia

Re: My latest protein powder adventures

Postby aggromeng » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:21 pm

baldy wrote:
sosso wrote:What I had for breakfast -

About a cup of soy milk
Handful of spinach
About half a cup of oats
Grape Juice
2 scoops rice protein

Not bad. It was a bit thick but that's easily fixed.

Image

I just gaggled looking at that..

haha i just thought to myself i bet tastes better than mine hahah.
User avatar
aggromeng
New Member
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:35 am

Re: My latest protein powder adventures

Postby sosso » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:39 pm

This morning -

- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 2.5 cups soy milk
- 2 scoops rice protein
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 3 tbsp flax oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Possibly the first time I've truly enjoyed a smoothie with rice protein.
User avatar
sosso
Active Member
 
Posts: 1625
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:35 am
Location: Tamworth, Australia

Re: My latest protein powder adventures

Postby aggromeng » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:19 pm

Afternoon quick concoction
1 organic banana
1 organic mango
1/4 cup organic blueberries
1/4 cup organic grapes
1.5 cups hemp milk
2 fl oz. Wheatgrass
1 fl oz. Kale
Was pretty good got me through my lunch break and day.
User avatar
aggromeng
New Member
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:35 am

Re: My latest protein powder adventures

Postby sosso » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:26 am

sosso wrote:This morning -

- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 2.5 cups soy milk
- 2 scoops rice protein
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 3 tbsp flax oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Possibly the first time I've truly enjoyed a smoothie with rice protein.


I made the same today, but with pea protein instead. It was not nice.

In summary, rice protein is nicer than pea protein.. but that's still not saying much.
User avatar
sosso
Active Member
 
Posts: 1625
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:35 am
Location: Tamworth, Australia

Re: My latest protein powder adventures

Postby baldy » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:19 pm

Now I have some flavoured protein powder my shakes are a lot more tasty.

15g Soya Protein (strawberry or chocolate)
15g pea protein
2.5ml Glumatine
2.5ml Creatine
1ml taurine.
1 banana + scoop of oats if I am home or 30g dextrose if I am out.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
User avatar
baldy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7293
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 10:23 am
Location: St Albans UK

Re: My latest protein powder adventures

Postby xJimx » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:56 pm

sosso wrote:In summary, rice protein is nicer than pea protein..


Image
DYEL
xJimx
Active Member
 
Posts: 2902
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: Derby, UK

Re: My latest protein powder adventures

Postby BlueRose » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:03 pm

xJimx wrote:
sosso wrote:In summary, rice protein is nicer than pea protein..


Image


You just wanted the excuse to post this image. XD
rational romantic mystic cynical idealist.

Vegan Women's Bodybuilding & Fitness on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1421637141388613/

Doing Les Mills Combat and loving it!
http://www.TeaAddictedGeek.com
User avatar
BlueRose
Active Member
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:56 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Previous

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron