Program advice

Lifting weights whether for bodybuilding, toning, or just for general fitness.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: Program advice

Postby Scotennis » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:58 pm

I'm not lost still here! Thanks for the advice and I'll see how i get on with it :D
Scotennis

Postby XkillerX » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:25 am

ImageImage

This is an interesting opportunity to look back and reflect at all the idiocies of physical - recreational training I've done throughout the years.

First things first, I've had a total of TWELVE years of physical education at school. During these TWELVE years, I've learned absolutely nothing about PHYSICAL EDUCATION.

Aside from the schooling system rivaling a box of shit in the middle of a dirty road, some of my personal, private, futile attempts:

When I was about 12 or 13 my cousin teased the shit out of me for not being able to do a single pressup. I trained for 4 months and got up to 25. Then I trained these less and less until I stopped.

When I was about 15 I borrowed a single sand filled dumbell from my friend. It maybe had a kilo and a half. He taught me how to use it, and I am a master pupil: so I listened to his wise words and did 10 mins of dumbell curls each hand every day. I returned it, dissapointed, after two weeks. Nuff said.

When I was about 16 or 17 I wanted to go to the gym to lift weights. My father strictly forbid this (the same way I was forbidden to train martial arts), because it ruins your body (oh, and in case you did not know this, martial arts are for criminals and gangsters, and they also ruin your health).

So I went running. Neither was my technique good, nor my speed, but I ran some 20kms weekly and managed to get rid of the very few muscles I had. READ: I LOST MUSCLES, NOT FAT.

Then at ~20 I got a pullup bar. Again after some 6 months of training I managed to get to 10 pullups. Then like always, I stopped.

At ~22 I got a pair of pink dumbells from my then girlfriend. I proceeded to do various front lat raises and presses for at least one year. These are shit heavy to do, so I thought, "hey! they must be good then!" :roll:

~24 my friend took me to his home gym, where he showed me how to : Bench, dumbell curl, and weighted situps, in that order. I still remain puzzled how the fuck did he get up to ~110 kilos of muscles following that program. even back then I was puzzled about the idea of complementing benching with curls, then situps...

~24-25 started training at a public gym with the beast. Somewhere about this time I discovered I am an antisocial bastard so I bought my home gym. About this time I also discovered the glorious world of joy and wonders also known as the deadlift and the back squat.

~26-27 Almost ruined my lower back by performing literally hundreds of situps, crunches and leg raises every day.

So there you have it folks.

If you live in a city that has an O lifting, Strongmen or P lifting club, and a family who does not believe physical work develops leprosy, the black plague and meningitis, consider yourself lucky.

And now if you'll excuse me, I have some back squatting to do...
Next time, I'll spend the money on drugs instead.
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Postby Phil. » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:06 pm

Shouldnt you wait with the weight lifting until youre fully grown?
Phil.

Postby ninearms » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:20 pm

Phil. wrote:Shouldnt you wait with the weight lifting until youre fully grown?

No, it's a myth.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/236687/Hamill ... t-Training
“Begin at the beginning,” the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end. Then stop.”
ninearms
Perked Member

Previous

Return to Bodybuilding and Training with Weights