Blond.Bee's Training & Nutrition Log

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: Blond.Bee's Training & Nutrition Log

Postby hardcore iv » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:35 pm

Blond.Bee wrote:
baldy wrote:Any feedback from them? Whenever I read your log I always wonder about the carbs!

I say there are carbs in everything! lol I had a bite of hubby's pasta the other night and it tasted like wall paper paste- make you feel better? :P I've gone with Amanda Benham via email- filled out all the paperwork/questionnaires now I'm just waiting for her feedback and menu! fingers crossed I like it and can stick to it... although I wouldn't hold your breath on the carbs, cause I mentioned they don't really agree with me... maybe she'll make me eat lots of quinoa and brown rice?... they don't seem to be as bad... But in preparation I've upped my calories and managed to get to a more 'normal' intake (1300cal) and frustratingly put on 4kg in the last week... which would be impressive if it was muscle but since I've been sick and only doing pilates and yoga there's no chance of that! Fingers crossed its water...

1300 cal at your bodyweight is extremely low. The basal metabolic rate for a 70 kg woman should be roughly about 1500 calories. Add in 2 hours of cardio a day and you are basically turning your body into a fat storing/muscle depleting machine by being in an extremely negative calorie balance. Being sick and lack of sleep wouldn't be helping either.

I think Amanda (username Epona) posts on the QLD vegetarian & vegan society forum if you want to get an idea of her dietician style :)

Have you ever been tested for gluten intolerance? That could be an issue if quinoa and brown rice don't seem to give you problems and other carbs do.
"When you are born, you are set forth to die. The fact that you live or don't live between these two dates depends solely upon your own will, opportunities and desires. The weight exerciser, of course, indicates that he chooses to live." Joseph Curtis Hise
hardcore iv

Postby Blond.Bee » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:30 am

hardcore iv wrote:1300 cal at your bodyweight is extremely low. The basal metabolic rate for a 70 kg woman should be roughly about 1500 calories. Add in 2 hours of cardio a day and you are basically turning your body into a fat storing/muscle depleting machine by being in an extremely negative calorie balance. Being sick and lack of sleep wouldn't be helping either.

I think Amanda (username Epona) posts on the QLD vegetarian & vegan society forum if you want to get an idea of her dietician style :)

Have you ever been tested for gluten intolerance? That could be an issue if quinoa and brown rice don't seem to give you problems and other carbs do.

Thanks! you know everything :D I'll have a read tonight.
I've never been tested for anything.. I greatly dislike going to the doctors, I went to one when I thought I was going to pass out at uni from the stomach cramps but he just said eat more vegetables, you probably have IBS. So I worked out what hurts and what doesn't and stuck to that.
I think I'm doing good with my calories, well much better than before! I've gone from 200 to 1300...I'm working up to 1600- almost there!
Impossible is Temporary
Blond.Bee

Postby JP » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:14 am

interesting read lately Bee :)

One thing to remember with weight loss is that if it has taken you your lifetime to put on the weight, it will be a long term project to lose it. Unfortunately so many of these marketed quick schemes rely on temporary weight loss like water weight, and lie to their customers about the benefits, and that has created the atmosphere where results need to show fast. But slow and long is the way to go :)

Stay strong!
JP
Site Admin

Postby Blond.Bee » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:15 am

JP wrote:interesting read lately Bee :)

One thing to remember with weight loss is that if it has taken you your lifetime to put on the weight, it will be a long term project to lose it. Unfortunately so many of these marketed quick schemes rely on temporary weight loss like water weight, and lie to their customers about the benefits, and that has created the atmosphere where results need to show fast. But slow and long is the way to go :)

Stay strong!

Thanks JP :) I'm feeling much stronger than before (and more sane) but I can safely say my weight will be a life long project.. I've been overweight since I was about 4 weeks old.. got over the underweight premature baby thing too effectively! Your right, slow and steady will win this race.. and more importantly be able to enjoy the journey!
This mess has made me very grateful for the forum. I really needed those pushes in the right direction- thank you all!

-Training-
Pilates 1 hr
Cross Trainer 1 hr
Yoga 1 hr
Walk 1 hr

-Nutrition-
Tea & Milk
Pomegranates x 2
Big bowl of Green Soup
Bowl of raspberries
Chickpeas (an entire can!!) cooked in spicy indian tomato sauce
Bowl of broccoli
Bowl of green beans
Mango Pickle, hot lime pickle
Pineapple
Mixed Nuts
Impossible is Temporary
Blond.Bee

Postby Blond.Bee » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:15 am

I think the relaxation in yoga is helping me get some rest.. wouldn't call it good sleep, but its deeper relaxation than before with a few hours of sleep somewhere in there.

-Training-
Cross Trainer 20 mins
Bike 20 mins
Yoga 1 hr
Walk 1 hr

-Nutrition-
Pineapple
Tea & soy milk
2 big bowls of green soup
Jackfruit
chickpeas
Tea & soy milk
Berlotti bean & wom bok stir fry
Apple
Mixed Nuts
Impossible is Temporary
Blond.Bee

Postby Blond.Bee » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:36 am

bad sleep... raining all night, got up every 3 hrs to pee...no idea where all that water came from cause I sure didn't drink it all yesterday!
-Training-
Rest Day

-Nutrition-
Pineapple
Apples x 6- sprinkled w cinnamon/cocoa
Almonds
Peas
Soy Milk w vanilla extract & cocoa
Berlotti Beans & wom bok stirfry
Lentils
Pumpkin Seeds
Impossible is Temporary
Blond.Bee

Postby Blond.Bee » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:26 am

Training
Swimming- 100 laps of 25m pool in 1hr 20 mins- relaxed pace, going for endurance not sprints. Mixture of freestyle and breast stroke.
Sauna 30 mins- stretching
Yoga 1 hr
Walk 30 mins

Nutrition
Pumpkin Seeds
6 bowls of watered down Green Vegetable & Stock Soup- (yeah 6!! I needed to get liquid in after the sauna and I couldn't drink any more)
2 bowls of Lentils w spices and tomato paste
2 bowls of Peas
Apples x 4 sprinkled w cinnamon or cocoa powder
Dark Chocolate
!!!!!! I made it to 1600!!!! :mrgreen: *does a happy dance* I did it! I did it! Yaaaay :D... I'm so happy, I've been trying for ages! now I've just got to keep it up... I think the swimming did it, made me hungry like I used to be..
Impossible is Temporary
Blond.Bee

Postby Blond.Bee » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:13 am

-Training-
Cross Trainer- random hills level 12- 1 hr

-Nutrition-
Pumpkin Seeds
2 bowls of Green Soup
very small serve of Soyaroni w tomato Sauce... I may regret that.. we shall see...
Cashews
Dark Chocolate
Quinoa cooked with coconut milk & cinnamon
Prunes, nuts, cocoa powder, vanilla- blended-YUM

I made 1600 easily today :) I'm happy with myself. I think it was because I knew I could do it... sounds strange I know but I'm believing in myself more.
Impossible is Temporary
Blond.Bee

Postby baldy » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:41 pm

Blond.Bee wrote:-Training-
Cross Trainer- random hills level 12- 1 hr

-Nutrition-
Pumpkin Seeds
2 bowls of Green Soup
very small serve of Soyaroni w tomato Sauce... I may regret that.. we shall see...
Cashews
Dark Chocolate
Quinoa cooked with coconut milk & cinnamon
Prunes, nuts, cocoa powder, vanilla- blended-YUM

I made 1600 easily today :) I'm happy with myself. I think it was because I knew I could do it... sounds strange I know but I'm believing in myself more.

What is soyaroni? Like peperoni? Sounds amazing for pizza.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby Blond.Bee » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:21 pm

That sounds good, we should totally invent that!
It's a soy pasta... like twirls, I don't know why they went with soyaroni it doesn't look like macaroni.. I guess soy pasta twirls wasn't catchy enough :P
I'm a masochist.. pasta hurts, why did I feel the need to try the soy pasta? who knows- but it tastes damn good! (for anyone in australia, it's a san remo product)
Impossible is Temporary
Blond.Bee

Postby Blond.Bee » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:20 am

-Training-
Pilates 1 hr
Walk 30 mins

-Nutrition-
Muesli
Prunes
Macadamia Nuts
Quinoa w coconut cream
Cashew Nuts
Almonds
Apple
Carrots
Green Soup

Can't wait for the menu... hopefully it will make all this food stuff easier and less stressful.
Impossible is Temporary
Blond.Bee

Postby Blond.Bee » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:59 am

-Training-
rest day

-Nutrition-
Muesli & soy milk
Green Soup
Roast carrots
Carrot, pine nut, parsley Salad
Dates, Almonds, Cocoa powder, Vanilla- all blended & frozen (even better than the prunes, everyone try this!)
Coconut rice w indian spices
Impossible is Temporary
Blond.Bee

Postby Blond.Bee » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:00 am

Yeah, my body really doesn't like pasta... I'm breaking out in dermatitis and have had stomach cramps and nausea since eating it... really bad idea.

-Training-
Pilates 1 hr
Yoga 1 hr
Walk 1 hr

-Nutrition-
Muesli w soy milk
Tea w milk
Roast Carrots
Green Soup
Green Beans, Wom bok & Bitter Melon Stirfry (soy & sesame oil) {WARNING-BITTER MELON IS HORRIBLE!!!}
Dates, Almonds, Cocoa, Vanilla blended
Impossible is Temporary
Blond.Bee

Postby Blond.Bee » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:09 am

-Training-
1 hr swim
1 hr walk

-Nutrition-
Muesli w soy milk
Veg & tofu stirfry
Green Soup