Blond.Bee's Training & Nutrition Log

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: Blond.Bee's Training & Nutrition Log

Postby Blond.Bee » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:07 pm

-Training-
Bike Ride 1 hr
Walk 1 hr

-Nutrition-
Stewed Apple and blackberries
Milky Tea
'Chicken' & Corn Soup
2 bowls Broccoli w creamy chickpea paprika sauce
Herbal Tea
Impossible is Temporary
Blond.Bee

Postby Blond.Bee » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:31 am

-Training-
Walk 1.5 hrs

-Nutrition-
Dehydrated sweet potato
Raspberries
Cabbage w tomato herb sauce
Roast Cauliflower
Roast Mushrooms
Herbal Tea
Impossible is Temporary
Blond.Bee

Postby Blond.Bee » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:30 am

I would just like to keep a record of how I feel today. I hope noting it in here is ok...if not, sorry. I hope you can understand/accept my crazy ramblings.
I ate lots of fat/carbs/calories last night/today (didn't sleep) and I have not felt this happy in a long time. Everything looks clearer and brighter today. I noticed things on my walk I've passed for weeks but never seen. I'm full and happy and can not stop smiling. I even caught myself singing. I've decided to stop restricting my food so much. I had a great 4 hour chat with a good friend about nutrition/training last night and came to the conclusion that I need to listen to my instincts rather than my head. I know my body needs more food than its been getting... even to lose weight... and I know its not normal to want to be thin over healthy but somehow I get muddled. I really appreciate peoples comments on here, they've kept me in touch with some form of reality of my situation and I've managed to up my portions since then... I'm getting over my fear of food and I hid my scales today. I know it sounds silly but I've been weighing myself at least 5 times a day for months.. this is the first day I have given up that control. Its scaring me and its taking some serious adjustment but I think its the right thing to do. So... every time I panic at the dining table and need some encouragement, I can come back and read this to remind myself that I don't want to go backwards...
I'm sitting at about 70kgs (size 12 au jeans-14 top) at the moment and the doctors tell me I need to be under 67kg to have an healthy BMI... not sure how I feel about that but I do still feel over-fat (26% by skinfolds) I need to get there without making myself crazy though. I need to feel full and energized and train hard and be happy with/accept my body... not obsess over perceived perfection. So on that note, I'm going to try and increase my calories... I realise after eating so little for so long I may put on weight (and that terrifies me) but if I stay away from the scales and focus on how I feel hopefully I can find my balance. I love veggies, I love fruit- I don't crave junk (aside from chocolate at ttom) I crave things like stewed apple, milky tea, hummus... so I'm going to let myself have what I want, just watch the portions. We have small, medium, large and huge bowls, I'm going to stick to small bowls for carbs/lentils/sauces/dips/fruits/deserts; the medium/large bowl for veggies/soups and the huge bowls for salads and broths. And I'm going to do my best to not count the calories, its not easy because I have them all memorized at the moment (I've been trying to distract myself all day!)
All importantly- if you're hungry and freaking out re-reading this, EAT!!! enjoy a lovely healthy meal with your husband, relax and smile!!!

-Training-
Walk 1.5 hrs

-Nutrition-
1/4 cup oats, 1/4 cup bran, 1/2 cup soy milk, sprinkle of dried apricots and crushed almonds
1/2 Pomegranate
Avocado, coconut cream, peanut butter, cocoa mousse
Dehydrated sweet potato
2 cups Quinoa cooked w coconut cream & berries
Mushroom Soup
Impossible is Temporary
Blond.Bee

Postby baldy » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:27 am

nothing wrong with writing what ever you want in your log. My log often turns into more of a blog. You are talking sense, stay strong!

Have you thought about seeing a dietitian to help you draw up a meal plan? That way you dont need to second guess yourself all the time about what you should be eating?
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby Blond.Bee » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:36 am

baldy wrote:nothing wrong with writing what ever you want in your log. My log often turns into more of a blog. You are talking sense, stay strong!

Have you thought about seeing a dietitian to help you draw up a meal plan? That way you dont need to second guess yourself all the time about what you should be eating?

Thanks, I think its a good idea... I'll look into finding a vegan dietitian, I've been put off by the last nutritionist I saw, it was a complete waste of time, we spent the whole time disagreeing on the 'importance' of animal products.

-Training-
Cross Trainer 1 hr
Bike 30 mins
Pilates 1 hr
Walk 1 hr

-Nutrition-
1/2 cup Muesli (oats, bran, almonds, dried fruit)
1/2 cup soy milk
1/2 pomegranate
Cashews (snacks throughout the day... entire small bowl)
Small bowl of Avocado, coconut cream, cocoa mousse
Dehydrated sweet potato
1 bowl Broccoli & 1 bowl Green Beans w Hummus
'Chicken' stock & Sweetcorn soup
Impossible is Temporary
Blond.Bee

Postby hardcore iv » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:15 am

Thanks, I think its a good idea... I'll look into finding a vegan dietitian, I've been put off by the last nutritionist I saw, it was a complete waste of time, we spent the whole time disagreeing on the 'importance' of animal products.

VNV has a list of vegan dietitians. There aren't many and they seem really pricey. There is also a vegan nutritionist that I know of in Melbourne, but I've encountered her and some of her advice was potentially quite dangerous.

http://www.vnv.org.au/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=59&Itemid=70

Here's a dietitian in your area that has an interest in vegetarian nutrition, http://www.daa.asn.au/dmsweb/frmFindAPDDetails.aspx?id=2553, and here are all of the ADA's Victorian RDs with a vegetarian nutrition interest http://www.daa.asn.au/dmsweb/frmFindAPDSearchResults.aspx Hopefully they can be useful to you :)
"When you are born, you are set forth to die. The fact that you live or don't live between these two dates depends solely upon your own will, opportunities and desires. The weight exerciser, of course, indicates that he chooses to live." Joseph Curtis Hise
hardcore iv

Postby Blond.Bee » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:46 am

Thank youuu!!!
I sent the VNV listed vegan dietician (Amanda Benham) an email last night asking for a quote but she's in QLD so it'd be advice via email... still I like the fact that she's vegan herself.
I've gone through the list and found about 6 near me so if I don't agree with one I can always get a second, third, fourth etc opinion! Thanks again for the heads up on the DAA site :D
Impossible is Temporary
Blond.Bee

Postby Blond.Bee » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:44 am

I think I'm going to fork out the money for Amanda Benham seeing as she's vegan herself I think it has the best chance of going well... fingers crossed!

-Training-
Walk 1 hr
Pilates 1 hr

-Nutrition-
Cereal w soy milk
Pomegranate
Mixed Nuts
Leda banana bar
2 squares chocolate
Mixed Veggies
dehydrated sweet potato
2 big bowls of 'chicken' & corn soup
Warm Cinnamon Banana
Impossible is Temporary
Blond.Bee

Postby Blond.Bee » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:21 am

-Training-
Pilates 1 hr
Walk 1 hr

-Nutrition-
Frozen Banana
2 squares of chocolate
2 Big bowls of mushroom soup w soy milk
2 small bowls of Stewed Apple & cinnamon
Hummus & Celery
Impossible is Temporary
Blond.Bee

Postby Blond.Bee » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:14 am

-Training-
Cross Trainer 1 hr - random hills
Yoga 1 hr

-Nutrition-
Stewed Apple & cinnamon
Dehydrated Sweet Potato
Chocolate x 6 squares
2 bowls of Green Veg & Mung Bean Soup
Stewed Apple & cinnamon
Impossible is Temporary
Blond.Bee

Postby Blond.Bee » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:35 am

-Training-
Yoga 1hr- first class (did a dvd yesterday) it was weird, I don't think I'm doing it properly, it doesn't hurt... maybe I'll be sore tomorrow morning?
Walk 1 hr

-Nutrition-
Stewed Apple & cinnamon
Pumpkin seeds
Cashews
2 bowls of Cauliflower with avocado sauce
Mandarin
Impossible is Temporary
Blond.Bee

Postby Blond.Bee » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:10 am

-Training-
Pilates Class 1 hr- hard!
Walk 1 hr

-Nutrition-
Milky Tea
Mandarin
Apricot Kernels
Huge bowl of cabbage cooked with tomato herb sauce and nutritional yeast
Raspberries
Roast Broccoli
Dehydrated Sweet potato
Milky Tea
Impossible is Temporary
Blond.Bee

Postby Blond.Bee » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:17 am

-Training-
Walk 30 mins
Pilates 1 hr- hard, still sore from yesterday

-Nutrition-
Tea & Milk
Cashews
Green Soup (mixed green veg, stock & mung bean)
Tea & Milk
Pomegranate
Hummus
Big bowl of Broccoli
Big bowl of Beans
Tea & Milk
Impossible is Temporary
Blond.Bee

Postby baldy » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:39 am

Blond.Bee wrote:Thank youuu!!!
I sent the VNV listed vegan dietician (Amanda Benham) an email last night asking for a quote but she's in QLD so it'd be advice via email... still I like the fact that she's vegan herself.
I've gone through the list and found about 6 near me so if I don't agree with one I can always get a second, third, fourth etc opinion! Thanks again for the heads up on the DAA site :D

Any feedback from them? Whenever I read your log I always wonder about the carbs!
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby Blond.Bee » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:58 am

baldy wrote:Any feedback from them? Whenever I read your log I always wonder about the carbs!

I say there are carbs in everything! lol I had a bite of hubby's pasta the other night and it tasted like wall paper paste- make you feel better? :P I've gone with Amanda Benham via email- filled out all the paperwork/questionnaires now I'm just waiting for her feedback and menu! fingers crossed I like it and can stick to it... although I wouldn't hold your breath on the carbs, cause I mentioned they don't really agree with me... maybe she'll make me eat lots of quinoa and brown rice?... they don't seem to be as bad... But in preparation I've upped my calories and managed to get to a more 'normal' intake (1300cal) and frustratingly put on 4kg in the last week... which would be impressive if it was muscle but since I've been sick and only doing pilates and yoga there's no chance of that! Fingers crossed its water...
Impossible is Temporary
Blond.Bee

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs