Minnesota Vegan Here :)

Please introduce yourself here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Minnesota Vegan Here :)

Postby Jaime » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:05 pm

Howdy everyone,

I figured I'd introduce myself even though life is busy at the moment and I won't have much time to post. :P

I'm Jaime, a 21 year-old female from Minneapolis, Minnesota, and have been vegan-ish for about two months now (I say "vegan-ish" since I've slipped a few times, e.g., absentmindedly eating bread that had cheese on it). I was vegetarian for about 14 months prior to turning vegan, and that initial decision was based on having my eyes opened in an Ethics course I took in my second year of college.

On another note, I'm really big into minimalism (http://mnmlist.com/consumerism-vs-minimalism/ just in case) and own just short of 80 possessions and am a fan of "recycling" and largely only buying things from thrift stores. I also like to run! ...Aaaand, yeah! Hah. :)

So, nice to meetcha!
Jaime

Re: Minnesota Vegan Here :)

Postby seasiren » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:17 pm

welcome :)
I tell people I'm too stupid to know what's impossible. I have ridiculously large dreams, and half the time they come true.
seasiren

Postby vegan hal » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:35 pm

welcome Jaime!! I dig the minimalism idea. i like to pretend i'm one too, but i just have too much stuff from years and years of collecting.

However, for birthdays and holidays, i tell people to either give to a charity or give me consumables (food/beverages) or nothing at all. but some people seem compelled to still give me stuff i don;t need. :(
vegan hal

Postby pinto » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:26 pm

Welcome Jaime! From Minneappolis, cool. I enjoyed a trip there in the late 90's. Hope you are getting the hang ok of being vegan now. I remember when I first turned vege somone offering me a piece of luncheon and eating it, whoops, my brain didn't register it as meat.
pinto

Postby xrodolfox » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:40 pm

welcome!
Midwest USA represent!
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Return to New member introductions