p90x experiment

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: p90x experiment

Postby thirdeye » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:03 am

My motivation for p90x is going down, it feels that the main goal of the training is just calorie burning. You're doing millions of different moves and some of them just feel a bit dull :roll: I'm much more eager doing different kind (more regular) of weight training.

Sigh.. I still have 3 weeks left and I might quit this p90x thing.
my p90x training log

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
thirdeye

Postby vegan hal » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:43 pm

hey man. i hearya. i say w/ just 3 weeks left, why not just finish it, then you can decide to move onto something different. if p90x is major calorie burning, it sounds like a program for overweight people more than anything. and you aint overweight by any chance from your pix. but like i said finish it, just so you can say you did it. then find what you want for the next round.

for me, i can;t have an overly complex routine. my main thing is 3x/week weights. 2x/wk cardio. and it's all pretty straight forward. no head scratching. i'm almost 1 yr of strength training now. still enjoying it. and the results have been good.

best of luck.
vegan hal

Postby thirdeye » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:13 pm

Thanks man, I think I'll try to finish it as good as I can and then move on 8)
my p90x training log

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
thirdeye

Postby thestoatyone » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:19 pm

Yeah seconded.

Go out with a bang, then pick something else up. If a bit more might and size is the order of the day the 5x5 stuff your man Hal's on would be a good start. He's got some solid progress and some interesting variations to stop plateauing.

But finish what you're doing first, consistency is a virtue! ;)
Vincit omnia pertinax virtus

My Log

muchluv wrote:When I grow up I want to be Gelert.
thestoatyone

Previous

Return to Training Logs