hottubbin'

For injury and health related discussion and support only. Please note that this is not a substitute for seeing a health care professional.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

hottubbin'

Postby slodki » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:43 am

is great for recovery
slodki

Re: hottubbin'

Postby JP » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:55 pm

absolutely!

love it :D
JP
Site Admin

Postby slodki » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:46 pm

naked hottubbin' one ups hottubbin'
slodki

Postby JP » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:26 am

might get arrested if i do that in this country!
JP
Site Admin

Postby xrodolfox » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:27 pm

Should be merged with the Soaking my nuts thread.

Recovery is nothing without proper nutrition. Proper nutrition is nothing without recovery.
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby baldy » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:03 pm

hottubs and jacuzzi are all hype. Advertising creates this illusion of beautiful naked people having a great time drinking champagne in a nice bubbly bath thing.

In reality the thing stinks like chlorine, is very noisy, drys out your skin, is uncomfortable to sit in, has jets blowing bubbles in all the wrong places and all the wrong people want to get naked. That is if its turned on, warmed up, the pump is not broken and the water is not green.

Not a fan. Sauna all the way.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby slodki » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:50 am

so much vitriol! some hot tubs use chlorine alternatives, and if you have friends who own one then you only tub with people you like!
slodki

Postby JP » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:01 am

the jacuzzi at the posh gym i go to.... well mainly to sit in the jacuzzi - is massive! and fantastic. The jets are strong too like a massage, so i keep on moving myself against them, must look like a weirdo perv.
JP
Site Admin

Postby Rochellita » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:01 pm

baldy wrote:hottubs and jacuzzi are all hype. Advertising creates this illusion of beautiful naked people having a great time drinking champagne in a nice bubbly bath thing.

In reality the thing stinks like chlorine, is very noisy, drys out your skin, is uncomfortable to sit in, has jets blowing bubbles in all the wrong places and all the wrong people want to get naked. That is if its turned on, warmed up, the pump is not broken and the water is not green.

Not a fan. Sauna all the way.

Have to agree on jacuzzis, they are pretty nasty, especially gym ones. I wouldn't say no to a private outdoor hot tub though, one of my favourite hot tub experiences was in Ouray, Colorado in the mountains in a hot tub fed by the hot springs from the mountain.
Rochellita
Site Admin

Postby Frostfire » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:30 am

JP wrote:The jets are strong too like a massage, so i keep on moving myself against them, must look like a weirdo perv.

Yup, same here! Doesn't help that there is a big window into the main gym so everyone can see :lol:
http://www.ChingSanctuary.org
Frostfire

Return to Injury Prevention and Support Forum