Vegan Teen and Light Exercise

Yoga, Pilates, Body Balance and variations, general stretching and flexibility discussion.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Vegan Teen and Light Exercise

Postby Mia092314 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:44 pm

:D I'm cutting back on my usual running and weight training and would really like to focus more on adding variety in the form of power yoga. Adding body resistance exercise, and improving my flexibility being my primary goals. I feel like power yoga is hugely helpful and I always leave the class feeling refreshed and really happy. There is a studio down the street that does beginner power yoga 3x a week and I was curious as to if this would affect the amount of protein and nutrients I should be getting. I get around 125 grams now due to me working out 3-5 times a week for an hour so I'm sure I would be cutting back a little...right? Is power yoga ( a class is normally around 90 minutes) considered a light exercise and if so how much protein would I need if I was only doing the class 3x a week. I'm 5'6 and around 146 lbs. Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction to some links. I'm going to see a dietitian soon, but I was curious as to if anyone could offer some advice.

P.s would love some ideas for pre- and post workout snacks and foods. right now I love coconut water after a good power yoga session :)
Mia092314

Re: Vegan Teen and Light Exercise

Postby JP » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:14 pm

hey no replies here :D

no hard and fast rules, but personally when have been doing yoga i do treat it as light cardio type of session. Especially the power kind.

How have you been finding them?
JP
Site Admin

Re: Vegan Teen and Light Exercise

Postby miabobia » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:48 pm

:D haha yea...i was just curious :) forgive me for asking but what do you mean by how do i find them? i find them very enjoyable if thats what you mean and i love the good stretch i manage to get in! :)
miabobia

Return to Yoga, Pilates, Body Balance Forum