becoming raw book

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

becoming raw book

Postby morg » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:59 am

I have been trying to eat more raw foods in my diet over this last few months so was interested in finding out more about the raw vegan diet.
Although there are sites online, none really go into the subject deep enough, however I sent off for the book, BECOMING RAW the essential guide to raw vegan diets, and can't reccomend it highly enough to anybody interested in the raw diet or even just interested in nutrition.
IT is a thick book 375 pages in all and covering everything, including a chapter on nutritional guidelines and menus :D
LOVE PUNK ROCK-hate racism
hate homophobia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFOBdoWL ... PL&index=2
morg

Re: becoming raw book

Postby JTG41a » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:46 am

Does this book have information on what you can eat raw? I am 90% raw, and often wonder if I can eat this or that raw, and have been going on how I feel when I eat it which is less than ideal.(stomach aches!)

For example, you can eat sweet potato spiralised, which surprised me, and asparagus, which I now adore raw, but I am unsure about runner beans. Also, which parts of the nettle, dandylion etc. do you use? If you know anything about this, do let me know.

I love Jennifer Cornbleets "Raw Food made Easy", which you can do very easily without too many machines and I have a number of my staples which i use of hers. Very quick and easy.

I have a number of other raw books which I just use to look at, as the ingredients alone are mistifying, not to mention the machines...Uncook Book, for example. Love it though!

Thanks
JTG41a

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating